Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Andre Moritz: We must deal with the pressure together

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andre Moritz reckons the pressure to deliver is shared between Dougie Freedman and his players after 2013 ended in disappointment at Leicester.

The Brazilian had little reason to celebrate his two goals in the 5-3 defeat at the King Power Stadium and says Wanderers fans have every reason to complain because of the team’s inconsistency.

But while his manager seems to be bearing the brunt of the supporters’ ire at present – Moritz feels the dressing room needs to share collective blame for vastly under-performing this season.

“Everybody is in the same boat,” he said. “It starts with him [the manager] but we are under pressure as well. We are a big club, we are not a club used to being in the Championship.

“I know I am pressing the same button but I really do think we do have a good team. I just think once we have the run no one can catch us anymore. We showed for 30-40 minutes we are a really quality team.

“And once it starts to come it will just keep coming.”

Freedman was forced into a defensive reshuffle after Kevin McNaughton returned to Cardiff City after his loan spell but the holes that Leicester were able to exploit suggest the manager has a lot of work to do in the January transfer window.

Moritz added that the defensive problems are another factor to be shared out among the team.

“We were twice in front but we keep conceding these type of goals,” he said. “It is so silly, we keep giving goals so easily to our opponents. But it is not one player at fault, it is not the back four's fault, it is for everyone.

“We need to defend better. We are a team, we win together we lose together.

“We scored three goals away from home but we still lost the game. We conceded five and we need to be concerned about that. We have to be aware not to make the same mistakes in the next game.”

Freedman hailed Leicester as the best side his team had faced “by a million miles” – and Moritz also believes the Foxes are destined for Premier League football.

“Leicester are a good team, they are the best team I have seen in the Championship this year,” he said.

“They are a solid team, they know how to defend and how to attack properly. They always have lots of bodies around the box, with or without the ball.

“They are a quality team and it is not a surprise they are top of the league. I think they can stay there.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum