Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your opinion - Stuart Holden - new contract offer.

+9
Angry Dad
Whitesince63
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
faruk1
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

faruk1

David Ngog
David Ngog

STUART Holden has been given assurances that he will get a new deal at Wanderers in the summer – but will not be rushed back into Championship action.

http://ebornaments.net/

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's too injury prone, we'll probably get a good two games out of him then he'll be in the medical room again.

Its a shame because he is a good player, but we can't afford to carry anyone.

I'd let him go, to save on wages.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

faruk1 wrote:STUART Holden has been given assurances that he will get a new deal at Wanderers in the summer – but will not be rushed back into Championship action.

Is this just your opinion or is it fact?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fucking madness if they give him a new deal without him even kicking a ball first.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is only 28 so there is still time.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Id love him to be back and back to his best form. Appearance related pay is the way to go

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

IMO he is another Jimmy Bullard, cracking player on his day but to have near on 3 years out of the game without playing a full 90mins and to offer him a contract is madness.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If this club gives Stuart Holden another contract it's concrete evidence we are being run by idiots.

Good player that he was, he is injury prone and has cost this club millions in wages. It's as if we learnt nothing from Sean Davis.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:If this club gives Stuart Holden another contract it's concrete evidence we are being run by idiots.

Good player that he was, he is injury prone and has cost this club millions in wages. It's as if we learnt nothing from Sean Davis.
Natasha he hasn't cost us a thing in wages. The USA FA have paid him from their insurance ever since he got crocked playing for them. They also paid his treatment costs etc. In fact he's SAVED us money while he's been out because his wage has stayed in club coffers. Personally I feel a rolling one year deal might suit everyone. If he spends the summer getting properly match fit and comes back in August sharp and ready to rock I'm all for it. I agree he's a real risk with his injury record BUT if he can get back to full fitness and play the way we know he's capable of then this is a no-brainer. 

God knows that a fully fit and sharp Stuart Holden is miles ahead of anyone else in our midfield and perhaps his return could be the kick up the backside the likes of Lee and Eagles have seemed to need all season.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The money wasn't saved LPP, it went towards bringing in Jay Spearing.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How can any serious Wanderers fan not want to at least give Stuey another chance? What would have been a career ending injury just a few years ago is now entirely curable. He isn't injury prone, who could have legislated or withstood the Evans challenge, the seemingly incompetent original medical treatment and the accidental challenge last year? He's still only 28 and with a little luck has a good 4 or 5 years ahead of him. The last thing I want after all this time is to get him fit, give him to someone else and see he's made a full recovery with them. Give the lad a chance because he would make such a huge difference to our midfield right now and actually save us a fortune. How could we now afford a player with his class, so don't be silly, he must be given a chance on whatever level you look.

Whitesince63 wrote:How can any serious Wanderers fan not want to at least give Stuey another chance? What would have been a career ending injury just a few years ago is now entirely curable. He isn't injury prone, who could have legislated or withstood the Evans challenge, the seemingly incompetent original medical treatment and the accidental challenge last year? He's still only 28 and with a little luck has a good 4 or 5 years ahead of him. The last thing I want after all this time is to get him fit, give him to someone else and see he's made a full recovery with them. Give the lad a chance because he would make such a huge difference to our midfield right now and actually save us a fortune. How could we now afford a player with his class, so don't be silly, he must be given a chance on whatever level you look.

I agree, if there was absolutely no chance of him getting back then the doctors would have told him. It's unlikely, but there are examples of players who've come back from this and as you say it would be gutting to see another team benefit having invested so much in his rehab.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:How can any serious Wanderers fan not want to at least give Stuey another chance? What would have been a career ending injury just a few years ago is now entirely curable. He isn't injury prone, who could have legislated or withstood the Evans challenge, the seemingly incompetent original medical treatment and the accidental challenge last year? He's still only 28 and with a little luck has a good 4 or 5 years ahead of him. The last thing I want after all this time is to get him fit, give him to someone else and see he's made a full recovery with them. Give the lad a chance because he would make such a huge difference to our midfield right now and actually save us a fortune. How could we now afford a player with his class, so don't be silly, he must be given a chance on whatever level you look.

I agree, if there was absolutely no chance of him getting back then the doctors would have told him. It's unlikely, but there are examples of players who've come back from this and as you say it would be gutting to see another team benefit having invested so much in his rehab.

Steady 74' you and I actually agreeing on something will spoil our images!!  Laughing 

I do remember though the same things being said about Peter Reid all those years ago when medical treatment was nowhere near as good as now and he didn't do too bad. With good rehab and as you say doctors advice I have every confidence he'll be back for us even if not quite the player he was.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No way.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Angry Dad wrote:No way.

Is that a considered, expert medical response AD??

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Whitesince63 wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:No way.

Is that a considered, expert medical response AD??
It's a he's not going to make it in my opinion response.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A 12 month appearance based contract would be ideal, with an option of a longer contract if he can prove his fitness.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Natasha he hasn't cost us a thing in wages. The USA FA have paid him from their insurance ever since he got crocked playing for them.

Fair play, I'd forgotten about that - although I think we paid him while he recovered from his knee injury sustained at Man Utd.

But the fact remains when he came back last time he wasn't half the player he had been, which happens to a lot of players with bad injuries. So it's quite likely he will be even worse when he finally gets back playing.

But he's injury prone, so even if he makes a full recovery and starts playing well - it's highly likely he will get injured again.

It just isn't worth the outlay when a less injury prone player could be brought in instead.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Natasha he hasn't cost us a thing in wages. The USA FA have paid him from their insurance ever since he got crocked playing for them.

Fair play, I'd forgotten about that - although I think we paid him while he recovered from his knee injury sustained at Man Utd.

But the fact remains when he came back last time he wasn't half the player he had been, which happens to a lot of players with bad injuries. So it's quite likely he will be even worse when he finally gets back playing.

But he's injury prone, so even if he makes a full recovery and starts playing well - it's highly likely he will get injured again.

It just isn't worth the outlay when a less injury prone player could be brought in instead.
Nat when he got injured against Man Utd our insurance covered his wages etc. However as pointed out the money we saved was spent on the likes of Spearing so it might not have helped after all. I do take your point about knee injuries, I suffered several in my own (amateur) career and had to stop playing before I was thirty. Once a knee goes it almost never comes back to as good as it was BUT with that said the medical treatment and rehab available to Stuart is light years ahead of anything I had access to. 

I take your point about him being injury prone but is he really? Both injuries were the result of shocking challenges that would 
have felled an ox let alone a man. For my money a short term deal, say one year is a risk worth taking. He's got real quality and is clearly hungry to play for us which is a lot more than can be said for many of the current shower. If he comes back at 90% of the player he was he'd still be streets ahead of what we have now don't you think?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've no idea where he's at with his recovery and only time will tell if he ever gets back to being the player he once was, but I'm surprised the club aren't waiting to the last minute to renew - or are they?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum