Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goran Popov

+8
carrs
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Thu Feb 13 2014, 18:52

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Head to Blackpool and keep going. Fleetwood where get that feel good factor watching a game of proper football.
Ask for Charlie Taylor see if he fancies a game at left back where he be will let loose to overlap whenever he fancies a jog up the park.

22Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Thu Feb 13 2014, 19:29

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There must be a left back that is'nt fancied at Milwall, lets face it we've taken most of the other fuckers who can't get in their team.

23Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Thu Feb 13 2014, 20:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
So which available and affordable left back would you go for? Personally, I'm struggling to think of one unless we were willing to gamble on a league 2 player.

The trick is to be able to spot that League 2 player that can make the step up.

Dougie couldn't spot potential in a player if he was the lovechild of a Ronaldo/Usain Bolt one night stand.
 lol! 

what utter balls.

24Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Thu Feb 13 2014, 21:09

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think Old Garslime has been hearing the rumours about the real brains of the old Palace management team being Tony Popovic and he's gone out and got himself confused! Twat! "HE'S IN AUSTRALIA YOU BAFOON!!!!". While we're on the subject of bafoons, our next Chairman after Big Ed wields the axe should definitely be Boris Johnson! He'll be just as crap as our current one, but we won't hate him quite as much!

25Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Thu Feb 13 2014, 23:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's off! Bolton Wanderers frustrated in bid to sign West Brom's Macedonian Goran Popov

Wanderers have failed in their efforts to bring West Brom defender Goran Popov to the Reebok on loan.

An appeal against the Premier League’s decision to block the Macedonian’s move from the Hawthorns was deemed unsuccessful yesterday.

And while the Whites have the option of taking their legal fight further with the footballing authorities, it is understood Dougie Freedman is now keen to switch targets in an effort to bring someone in before this weekend’s game at Millwall.

Popov is currently on loan for the season at West Brom from Dynamo Kiev and would have been allowed out had the deal occurred in the transfer window.

But because it is happening in the loan window the Premier League have deemed it an international transfer – even though it is effectively being conducted between two domestic clubs.

It has proved another frustrating chapter in Freedman’s exhaustive search for a left-back, which stretches back to the moment Kevin McNaughton returned to Cardiff City on Boxing Day.

Tim Ream has since filled in with Alex Baptiste shifting over to the right, but while the American has worked hard, he has been targeted by opposition sides as he is clearly playing out of position.

To make matters worse, Wanderers will be coming up against Liam Feeney this weekend – the right-sided winger who proved such a hit in his short loan spell at the Reebok earlier this season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 00:53

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Simple question, had the clueless Jock cunt gone for him in January he would be here, erm why the fuck did he not go for him in January then? fuck me I am surprised he manages to find the Reebok regularly, he is one stupid prick.

27Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 02:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe his club wanted to sell him in January and told us that if no one came in for him we could have him as a loan once the window was shut.

There's always two sides to every story remember.

28Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 08:51

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Maybe his club wanted to sell him in January and told us that if no one came in for him we could have him as a loan once the window was shut.

That cannot be the case I'm afraid sluffy. West Brom don't own Popov, he's on loan to them from Kiev so he isn't theirs to sell anyway. Kiev would have been unable to sell him to us as he would then have been registered with THREE different clubs in 12 calendar months, something FIFA have to sanction.

Also Dougie appears (and I say appears because he MIGHT not) to have been fixated on either McNaughton or Dawson when it was obvious neither man would be back here. It seems to me that we're at the point where Dougie has a list of left backs who aren't currently getting a game and he's either blindly sticking a pin in it or he's put them all in a tombola drum and drawing one out at random. 

What I can't understand is why West Brom have kept Popov, it's obvious he's not in their plans and isn't working so why not send him back at Christmas THEN we might have been able to do a direct deal with his parent club. That said, given he's only played TWICE this season he can't be all that good, especially when you consider WBA were apparently more than willing to shift him onto someone else.

29Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 09:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Maybe his club wanted to sell him in January and told us that if no one came in for him we could have him as a loan once the window was shut.

That cannot be the case I'm afraid sluffy. West Brom don't own Popov, he's on loan to them from Kiev so he isn't theirs to sell anyway. Kiev would have been unable to sell him to us as he would then have been registered with THREE different clubs in 12 calendar months, something FIFA have to sanction.

Also Dougie appears (and I say appears because he MIGHT not) to have been fixated on either McNaughton or Dawson when it was obvious neither man would be back here. It seems to me that we're at the point where Dougie has a list of left backs who aren't currently getting a game and he's either blindly sticking a pin in it or he's put them all in a tombola drum and drawing one out at random. 

What I can't understand is why West Brom have kept Popov, it's obvious he's not in their plans and isn't working so why not send him back at Christmas THEN we might have been able to do a direct deal with his parent club. That said, given he's only played TWICE this season he can't be all that good, especially when you consider WBA were apparently more than willing to shift him onto someone else.
Surely it's nothing to do with West Brom wanting him or not - it's to do with the ruling by the Premier League isn't it?
Natasha was right in saying it's a decent idea to try to spot a lower league LB who might step up, but I disagree with her assessment of Dougie's ability to spot a talent. 
Beggars can't be choosers and I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that Dougie hasn't scoured the planet to find a suitable LB within the budget. I certainly wouldn't have thought of Popov as an option.
Not sure he was focused on Dawson and McNaughton either - he appears to have made enquiries but it was the fans who were driving that agenda.

30Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 09:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

That cannot be the case I'm afraid sluffy. West Brom don't own Popov, he's on loan to them from Kiev so he isn't theirs to sell anyway.

Fair enough but I was really only just trying to make the point that non of us know the other 'half' to the story.

Common sense should tell us that there must be reasons that prevents him doing some of the stuff he wants - I guess many of them are because of the clubs financial position.

I can understand people having a pop at him for the things he has control of - team selection, tactics, substitutions, etc - but blaming him for everything and anything - without knowing the facts of the matter - is taking things a bit too far imo.

31Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:57

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

That cannot be the case I'm afraid sluffy. West Brom don't own Popov, he's on loan to them from Kiev so he isn't theirs to sell anyway.

Fair enough but I was really only just trying to make the point that non of us know the other 'half' to the story.

Common sense should tell us that there must be reasons that prevents him doing some of the stuff he wants - I guess many of them are because of the clubs financial position.

I can understand people having a pop at him for the things he has control of - team selection, tactics, substitutions, etc - but blaming him for everything and anything - without knowing the facts of the matter - is taking things a bit too far imo.

I can understand your point Sluff, but it should be his responsibility to have someone working for him that can tell him the loan rules. The Premier League and Championship loan rules won't allow us to loan this player - someone should've identified this very early on before the player ever got on the train to come up and train with the first team. Its a club gaff - so somewhere down the line the manager and Chairman or both have to take the rap as their at the top of the food chain.

32Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't really want to go on about this but just to reply, for all we know someone one could well have looked at the rules and believed that there would be no problems!

Don't forget West Brom were happy to loan him - so their backroom experts must also have thought that it was possible to do so!

All I'm saying is for people to have a go at him for the things he's done - not for the stuff he may well have nothing at all to do with, otherwise we might as well start blaming him for all the shit weather we've had recently too!

33Goran Popov - Page 2 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:29

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:I don't really want to go on about this but just to reply, for all we know someone one could well have looked at the rules and believed that there would be no problems!

Don't forget West Brom were happy to loan him - so their backroom experts must also have thought that it was possible to do so!

All I'm saying is for people to have a go at him for the things he's done - not for the stuff he may well have nothing at all to do with, otherwise we might as well start blaming him for all the shit weather we've had recently too!

Well come to think about it. The bad weather has coincided with our bad run......it must be his fault as well! :whistle:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum