Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goran Popov

+8
carrs
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Goran Popov - Page 3 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:57

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Maybe his club wanted to sell him in January and told us that if no one came in for him we could have him as a loan once the window was shut.

There's always two sides to every story remember.

That cannot be the case I'm afraid sluffy. West Brom don't own Popov, he's on loan to them from Kiev so he isn't theirs to sell anyway.

Fair enough but I was really only just trying to make the point that non of us know the other 'half' to the story.

Common sense should tell us that there must be reasons that prevents him doing some of the stuff he wants - I guess many of them are because of the clubs financial position.

I can understand people having a pop at him for the things he has control of - team selection, tactics, substitutions, etc - but blaming him for everything and anything - without knowing the facts of the matter - is taking things a bit too far imo.

I can understand your point Sluff, but it should be his responsibility to have someone working for him that can tell him the loan rules. The Premier League and Championship loan rules won't allow us to loan this player - someone should've identified this very early on before the player ever got on the train to come up and train with the first team. Its a club gaff - so somewhere down the line the manager and Chairman or both have to take the rap as their at the top of the food chain.

32Goran Popov - Page 3 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't really want to go on about this but just to reply, for all we know someone one could well have looked at the rules and believed that there would be no problems!

Don't forget West Brom were happy to loan him - so their backroom experts must also have thought that it was possible to do so!

All I'm saying is for people to have a go at him for the things he's done - not for the stuff he may well have nothing at all to do with, otherwise we might as well start blaming him for all the shit weather we've had recently too!

33Goran Popov - Page 3 Empty Re: Goran Popov Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:29

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:I don't really want to go on about this but just to reply, for all we know someone one could well have looked at the rules and believed that there would be no problems!

Don't forget West Brom were happy to loan him - so their backroom experts must also have thought that it was possible to do so!

All I'm saying is for people to have a go at him for the things he's done - not for the stuff he may well have nothing at all to do with, otherwise we might as well start blaming him for all the shit weather we've had recently too!

Well come to think about it. The bad weather has coincided with our bad run......it must be his fault as well! :whistle:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum