Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season tickets

+19
Barryjw
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
wessy
White84
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
scottjames30
bryan458
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 10:09

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bryan458 wrote:Ive been a S/T holder since I can remember, but I aint paying money to have Freedman bore me to death, I said on another thread its soul destroying at the moment, rather watch soccer Saturday!!!!!

^ exactly this.

All my enthusiasm for it  has been sucked out of me.  Crying or Very sad 

22Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 10:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've got one, had one every year (bar 09/10) since 1988. In 09/10 I refused to renew 'cos of what Meggo was doing to the club with Phil's help. From March 2009 (end of 08/09 season) I refused to set foot in the Reebok, went to a few away games and didn't come back until Meggo was gone. In fact my first game back was us v Burnley in Jan 2010.

I'll probably renew this time. I don't think DF is any good or that Phil should still have his job but I'll most likely renew my season ticket. I might not bother going to the games and keep the money I'd spend on Programmes, Food etc in my pocket. I don't blame SK or the others who say they won't renew though. I just don't think we're quite at that point for me personally yet.

23Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 12:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote: I know at least 5 people who have stopped going since the start of January and won't be renewing next season.

Was it because they had to sit with you?

24Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 12:18

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:What I say now doesn't really matter because come the time I'll cough up and buy!
I just cope with the pain by drinking more aneasthetic!!
I'll bet Nat is hiding under the bed sheets before she'll read these posts? It would seem we don't all want to follow her path to the Devil and follow another team!!!Very Happy

Nat said that you're the biggest arm-chair supporter out there?

I didn't know that you had a season ticket, hats off.  :good:

I'm surprised you listened to her bullshit?  Wink 

25Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 12:20

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Started watching with my father during the late 1950's and went on my own around 1960-61 shortly before Nat and Tommy Banks hung up their boots. Father gave me 2 shillings (10p in todays money) for a home match  which got me entrance to the "Lever end", a program and a bag of crisps. Had a season ticket for about 35 years and watched more crap than most on here, certainly before some posters on here were born. Watching mainly crap with the occasional good day is a way of life for a "Whites" supporter. So I'm not giving up yet and will be renewing. Any way the wife likes to get out from under her feet on a Saturday.

26Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a bunch of utter bellends.

The amount of people that come on here slagging off Freedman, Gartside and Eddie Davies and then stump up cash for a season ticket and merchandise!

Don't you get it - all Davies and Gartside care about is CASH. If you keep paying they don't give a shit what happens on the pitch. The only way things will change is when just Reebok Trotter and the Happy Clapping Clan are left in the ground.

Grow a pair and don't give BWFC anymore money.

27Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 12:42

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:What a bunch of utter bellends.

The amount of people that come on here slagging off Freedman, Gartside and Eddie Davies and then stump up cash for a season ticket and merchandise!

Don't you get it - all Davies and Gartside care about is CASH. If you keep paying they don't give a shit what happens on the pitch. The only way things will change is when just Reebok Trotter and the Happy Clapping Clan are left in the ground.

Poles apart on this Nat, how refreshing that despite the shite being served up and the pain felt, the majority of hardy souls will continue to support the club they love. No modern day club hopping it's our club and we are in it for the long haul, true support.

So go to Chorley and start another witch hunt.

28Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 12:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:

Poles apart on this Nat, how refreshing that despite the shite being served up and the pain felt, the majority of hardy souls will continue to support the club they love. No modern day club hopping it's our club and we are in it for the long haul, true support.

So go to Chorley and start another witch hunt.

You miss my point. If people are happy to watch this utter shite and just moan about the players and manager, then fair enough. Who doesn't like a good moan.

But a lot of fans come on here telling Gartside to "fuck off out of our club" and similar. The only time that will happen is when the fans stop handing over money to the club.

p.s. Chorley 5 points clear at the top with 2 games in hand! Big time here we come!!

29Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 12:45

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:What a bunch of utter bellends.

So you are not going Saturday? Being a BWFC supporter is a man thing, do you understand?

30Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 13:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:So you are not going Saturday? Being a BWFC supporter is a man thing, do you understand?

I'm going, but I don't pay a penny to BWFC.

31Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 13:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:So you are not going Saturday? Being a BWFC supporter is a man thing, do you understand?

Very Happy 

32Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

thats right, they pay you to clean the bogs before the games, business woman of the year my arse  Wink

33Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 13:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You idiots. Just because you're fat and out of condition don't think I'm the same. It's easy to scale the Reebok fences.

34Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 13:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

p.s. Chorley 5 points clear at the top with 2 games in hand! Big time here we come!!
Exciting times indeed - nailed on to get promotion from the Evo-Stik to the Conference (North) and it doesn't get more exciting than that. Thought you'd be mid-table after we beat you in the Harold Taylor Memorial Trophy pre-season but the Magpies have come good and are also enjoying a good run in the Lancashire Co-operative Challenge Trophy.

Who wouldn't want to give up a lifetime of supporting BWFC for a white knuckle roller coaster ride to the big time like that? 

Apart from me, obviously.

35Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 13:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I normally wouldn't involve myself when the juvenile stuff starts up 'cos I'm not very good at spotting what's tongue in cheek and what isn't as you all know but just this once I'm on Natasha's side. I appreciate that many of us will renew our season tickets, myself included BUT there is no doubt in my mind that there is plenty of sense in what Nat is saying. I used that same argument when refusing to renew during the Megson era. If we really want the club to listen to us then we have to withhold our money. As a result I may well not go to the games or at least nowhere near as many as I usually would, I won't buy the new top, won't buy programmes and food when I am there and thus keep at least some of my money out of Garty's mismanaging hands. 

Those who call people 'plastic' for refusing to renew their season tickets are the true idiots. Football clubs for years have laughed at us behind our backs because they know we'll keep coughing up our money no matter how little value we get for it due to our misplaced sense of loyalty to the team. I for one probably WON'T go to the match this weekend because I find the football so dire and depressing that I see no point in lining the pockets of the underperforming fools on and off the pitch any further. 

I wouldn't mind losing if we looked like we were giving our all and there was at least some entertainment to be had but the dire football and lack of anything approaching commitment has annoyed me to the point where I think I'd prefer to do something more fun like walking through Helmland with a big "I HATE ALLAH" sign round my neck. 

Natasha and those who say they won't hand over any more of their money are well within their rights and it doesn't mean they are any less of a fan than those who go to the games no matter what. All they are doing is expressing their feelings and love for the club in the best way they can in the hope that the lost revenue will make BWFC sit up and pay attention.

36Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 13:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i see what your saying LPP but out of sight is out mind, people need to vent their anger at whats happening and i can't do that from home.

They will expect a drop in attendances anyway due to to the bad season we've had so i don't think it would have that much effect.

37Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 13:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fair play to Nat.

People talk like it's clever to put endless money into a multi-million pound organisation that gives them nothing but misery.

When you put it into perspective, it's absolutely pathetic.

38Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 14:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Fair play to Nat.

People talk like it's clever to put endless money into a multi-million pound organisation that gives them nothing but misery.

Nat's argument is predicated on the idea that the only element of our relationship with BWFC is how much you pay and what you get for it on the pitch, which is wrong IMO. We all have a lot of emotional interest vested in BWFC and we don't just pay to see the team win. We pay for the hope that things will improve on the pitch. We pay for the excitement of seeing what team will be selected, whether a prospect will be selected, if the manager is heading for the sack or not and which players come in and out of the club. We pay for the opportunity to shout and moan and vent our fury and discuss it all with other people. We pay for the collective crowd experience good or bad and occasionally we pay for the pleasure of a good performance, a goal or two or even a win. We pay for these and many other aspects of what is an emotionally complex relationship with an organisation we both love and hate.
Like all relationships it can be unsatisfactory or break down altogether. We all get something different from our relationship with BWFC and if as in Nat's case it is not working she should accept it and move on gracefully.
Last time I broke up with a woman, I didn't turn round to all our friends and ask them not to speak to her just because I didn't love her anymore.
And last time I bought a lottery ticket I didn't complain just because it didn't win.

39Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 15:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:

Nat's argument is predicated on the idea that the only element of our relationship with BWFC is how much you pay and what you get for it on the pitch, which is wrong IMO. We all have a lot of emotional interest vested in BWFC and we don't just pay to see the team win. We pay for the hope that things will improve on the pitch. We pay for the excitement of seeing what team will be selected, whether a prospect will be selected, if the manager is heading for the sack or not and which players come in and out of the club. We pay for the opportunity to shout and moan and vent our fury and discuss it all with other people. We pay for the collective crowd experience good or bad and occasionally we pay for the pleasure of a good performance, a goal or two or even a win. We pay for these and many other aspects of what is an emotionally complex relationship with an organisation we both love and hate.
Like all relationships it can be unsatisfactory or break down altogether. We all get something different from our relationship with BWFC and if as in Nat's case it is not working she should accept it and move on gracefully.
Last time I broke up with a woman, I didn't turn round to all our friends and ask them not to speak to her just because I didn't love her anymore.
And last time I bought a lottery ticket I didn't complain just because it didn't win.
lusty this makes no sense. Effectively what you are saying is that Nat has no right to express her opinion and that we have no right to expect any value for the money we pay out. Both are wrong.

I'll start with the money issue. First and foremost we are CUSTOMERS, the club doesn't care about us in any way except for how to get our money out of our wallets and into their coffers. As a result they have a DUTY to try and provide value for that money and listen to OUR needs. If they don't, won't or simply have no interest in doing so then it's perfectly reasonable for Nat and others not to hand over any more of their money until and unless the club does something to win back our loyalty. By the way they don't have that as a RIGHT, they have it as a privilege and the blinkered "you must keep going, paying, stay true no matter what" is beyond stupid it's moronic if not downright cretinous.

Now for her opinions. I often disagree with Nat but wouldn't dream of saying she can't tell everyone else what she thinks. Let me put it this way. If you bought a burger and it made you throw up for days afterwards wouldn't YOU tell anyone else thinking about buying a burger from the same place that it isn't a good idea? 

For Natasha and a number of others they feel like the BWFC they truly WANT to support isn't giving them anything worthwhile in return for their money, time and effort. They feel unhappy and as a result they have said so which is absolutely their right. I don't think that BWFC should be exempt from people saying "Don't go there, I went and it was junk" any more than someone saying "Don't go to that film, it's crap" to someone who says they're considering going to watch a movie. 

Nat may be annoying, sometimes downright facile in what she says but she, like everyone else on this forum and in a democratic society has the absolute right to say it.

40Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets Wed Feb 19 2014, 15:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

lusty this makes no sense. Effectively what you are saying is that Nat has no right to express her opinion and that we have no right to expect any value for the money we pay out. Both are wrong.

I'll start with the money issue. First and foremost we are CUSTOMERS, the club doesn't care about us in any way except for how to get our money out of our wallets and into their coffers. As a result they have a DUTY to try and provide value for that money and listen to OUR needs. If they don't, won't or simply have no interest in doing so then it's perfectly reasonable for Nat and others not to hand over any more of their money until and unless the club does something to win back our loyalty. By the way they don't have that as a RIGHT, they have it as a privilege and the blinkered "you must keep going, paying, stay true no matter what" is beyond stupid it's moronic if not downright cretinous.

Now for her opinions. I often disagree with Nat but wouldn't dream of saying she can't tell everyone else what she thinks. Let me put it this way. If you bought a burger and it made you throw up for days afterwards wouldn't YOU tell anyone else thinking about buying a burger from the same place that it isn't a good idea? 

For Natasha and a number of others they feel like the BWFC they truly WANT to support isn't giving them anything worthwhile in return for their money, time and effort. They feel unhappy and as a result they have said so which is absolutely their right. I don't think that BWFC should be exempt from people saying "Don't go there, I went and it was junk" any more than someone saying "Don't go to that film, it's crap" to someone who says they're considering going to watch a movie. 

Nat may be annoying, sometimes downright facile in what she says but she, like everyone else on this forum and in a democratic society has the absolute right to say it.
You've completely missed the point LPP.
Nat has every right to express her opinion as do I - and in my opinion, Nat's opinion is fine but her logic is flawed.
The point I was making about the money was to question exactly what are customers actually paying for?

To use your analogy...
If someone goes to see a film, doesn't enjoy it that person is entitled to say that they didn't enjoy it - but to assume that nobody else will enjoy it is just vain. 
Not everybody goes to see a film for the same reasons - I personally enjoy good acting and cinematography even if the script is lousy - others will forgive appalling acting if there's lots of action and SFX. 
And you can guarantee that any two people watching the same film at the same time in the same place will have a completely different experience of it as there are so many factors in play.

So Nat has every right to express her opinion, but to call everybody else a bellend because they don't see it her way ain't right.
Some of us enjoy the suffering in a pervy kind of way.  Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum