Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season tickets

+19
Barryjw
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
wessy
White84
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
scottjames30
bryan458
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Season tickets - Page 4 Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Feb 21 2014, 08:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:The reason I started this thread was to guage the lengths true supporters will go to, to support the team, and fair play, most of you are, but we are just a small section of the BWFC community, and I suspect season ticket sales will be well down, quite how the board will view that I'm not sure, but it's not a great endorsement for Freedman that's for sure.
BWFC is a life sentence for most of us - "Till Death Do Us Part" is not an understatement. If season ticket sales fall, the results and performances will be the catalyst but the underlying reason will be the failure of some to fully grasp how desperate our situation really is and a lack of understanding of or belief in the work that needs to be done to put us back on track.

62Season tickets - Page 4 Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Feb 21 2014, 13:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:The reason I started this thread was to guage the lengths true supporters will go to, to support the team, and fair play, most of you are, but we are just a small section of the BWFC community, and I suspect season ticket sales will be well down, quite how the board will view that I'm not sure, but it's not a great endorsement for Freedman that's for sure.
BWFC is a life sentence for most of us - "Till Death Do Us Part" is not an understatement. If season ticket sales fall, the results and performances will be the catalyst but the underlying reason will be the failure of some to fully grasp how desperate our situation really is and a lack of understanding of or belief in the work that needs to be done to put us back on track.
I couldn't disagree more lusty. It is NOT our duty to fund BWFC unconditionally because they are in financial trouble. BWFC has had millions of pounds of our money for many many years and if they misused it to put the club this far in debt it isn't our job to keep throwing our money at them. 

The people responsible for the mismanagement need to pay the price the way they would in any other commercial industry. IE they need to lose their jobs due to incompetence. While I love Bolton Wanderers and always will I do not fool myself into believing the club cares about anything other than my money in return. Well, to get it they have to earn it and they have to show a willingness to make the changes needed in order to fix the problems they themselves created. 

We fans are not duty bound to think "oh no, BWFC is 163 million quid in debt, quick, let's throw more of our money at them even thgough the football's rubbish and the chairman is an idiot who spends all his time lying through his teeth". 

We are entitled to get some value for money lusty, there's no point pretending that fans are obliged to keep going to the football because they can't afford to do anything else any more. These days it's the other way round, football is a frighteningly expensive way of spending free time and if the club mishandles our money AND produces junk on and off the field then why should it be our job to fix it? Why should they get any more of our money when they have a proven track record of gross incompetence? 

Eddie needs to step in and start to re-organise properly, from the boardroom down. Until that happens all we're doing is rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic. I see no reason for our fans to feel duty bound to fund that,

63Season tickets - Page 4 Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Feb 21 2014, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as already mentioned i will be there next season and i'm sure there will be a drop in season ticket sales, but i do feel a sense of (misguided?) loyalty to keep going and will continue to go until they put me 6 feet under.

If this makes me a fool then so be it, i don't see that a fans boycott would have much benefit as i mentioned in a previous comment onthis thread - out of sight, out of mind, the club will make money from many other sources other than match day revenues.

I think it is better to continue to go and to make my feelings known in the ground, whether they are good or bad is another matter but it won't stop me being there

64Season tickets - Page 4 Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Feb 21 2014, 14:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have only been a season ticket holder since 2008 because before that I worked continental shifts and only had two weekends off in five. Since I changed jobs I don't work weekends so I will probably renew again. Every season is a fresh challenge but the Reebok is like a morgue at the moment. I much prefer away games tbh.

65Season tickets - Page 4 Empty Re: Season tickets Fri Feb 21 2014, 18:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:as already mentioned i will be there next season and i'm sure there will be a drop in season ticket sales, but i do feel a sense of (misguided?) loyalty to keep going and will continue to go until they put me 6 feet under.

If this makes me a fool then so be it, i don't see that a fans boycott would have much benefit as i mentioned in a previous comment onthis thread - out of sight, out of mind, the club will make money from many other sources other than match day revenues.

I think it is better to continue to go and to make my feelings known in the ground, whether they are good or bad is another matter but it won't stop me being there
I understand your point norpig but I don't agree with all of it. Much of the other revenues we get are by and large dependent on our attendances. Advertisers and sponsors want to reach the widest possible audience when marketing themselves and if we don't have many fans at the game they won't be willing to pay as much as the club might want. Also, lower attendance on matchday has a knock on in lower sales for things like programmes and food etc. Add to that that Sky will be unwilling to televise us live if the ground is half empty and that brings an even further lowered exposure, less publicity and therefore making us less attractive to potential advertisers/sponsors or other investors. 

In this case out of sight may well be the only way to put the fans IN mind where the club is concerned.

66Season tickets - Page 4 Empty Re: Season tickets Sat Feb 22 2014, 12:34

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I will be renewing next season come what may. That may mean that in some peoples eyes I am deluded, or an utter, utter, utter bellend [and they may have a point] but I think that we will have a fresh start next season with a different looking squad and maybe a different manager although I think that Dougie will be here unless we get relegated. 

I have to believe this so help me god.

67Season tickets - Page 4 Empty Re: Season tickets Sat Feb 22 2014, 18:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

NickFazer wrote:I will be renewing next season come what may. That may mean that in some peoples eyes I am deluded, or an utter, utter, utter bellend [and they may have a point] but I think that we will have a fresh start next season with a different looking squad and maybe a different manager although I think that Dougie will be here unless we get relegated. 

I have to believe this so help me god.
Nick don't get me wrong, I'll renew my own ticket BUT I do believe that anyone who chooses not to is justified and is no less a fan for that. The younger generation of fans are in my opinion smarter than us, they know they have the right to choose to spend THEIR money however they want and if BWFC isn't giving them value for it then they won't spend it on football. I guess I'm one of the last generation of fans who will "go till they bury me under the penalty spot" but I don't for one second blame the kids who say "No, it's not worth the money".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum