Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

whites ship ODELUSI to Roundabout City

+6
bryan458
Boggersbelief
Triumph
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ODELUSI - MKDONS - LOAN.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That should save around £500 a week in wages.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a good move, give them the step up they need ...

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well he has no intention of playing any of the kids so may as well let the whole lot go. :flog:

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good riddance. Hope he doesn't come back

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Good riddance. Hope he doesn't come back

:agree:

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Me too.....

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why? The kid's never really had a chance to show what he can do

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cian BOLGER to Southend.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Why? The kid's never really had a chance to show what he can do

Because he has a bad attitude

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Dougie's thinking is this...

He has set his stall out to clear the decks in summer and will stick to loanees and senior players this season. The senior players who will be released will be in the shop window.
He always talks about developing the youth but at no stage has he ever said that they would be given an opportunity this season.
When summer comes around and some of the high earners are moved off the books he'll be looking closely at the youngsters to see who if any are ready. He'll then know what he needs to buy with the money freed up.
So to accelerate the youth development programme it makes sense to farm out some of the contenders to other clubs where they are more likely to get a chance of regular competitive footie. That way, they'll get every chance to prove they're ready.
Those that make it will become part of the first team squad. Those that don't may well join the likes of Eagles and Mears in being moved on.

That would seem a logical approach to me.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A couple of good moves for both Odelusi and Bolger, not sure Odelusi will actually be good enough to make the step up but I hope I am wrong.

As for Bolger, I have quite high hopes for the lad, a spell at a southend team doing well will do him the world of good.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolger and Odelusi really need experience at a testing level and I would loan the pair out for a long period and see how they get on. If they are not up to it, we should just get shut!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All this chat about the youngsters coming through is just nonsense...proper gander if you will.

It's to keep fans hopeful of a brighter future as we toil in our current misery.

Nobby Nolan is the only one to come up in the last decade as far as I can remember.  If you can't play at 20 or 21 you never will be any good.....Villa, Liverpool and many other have teenagers playing Prem league nevermind our pub level.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:All this chat about the youngsters coming through is just nonsense...proper gander if you will.

It's to keep fans hopeful of a brighter future as we toil in our current misery.

Nobby Nolan is the only one to come up in the last decade as far as I can remember.  If you can't play at 20 or 21 you never will be any good.....Villa, Liverpool and many other have teenagers playing Prem league nevermind our pub level.
I think it's more a case of shit or get off the pan.
Dougie clearly wants to bring the youngsters through but they have to show that they're good enough before he'll risk them and anyway he never said they'd play this season.
Sticking them out on loan gives them every chance to show they're good enough so that when we dump Eagles etc and the loanees go back in the summer he'll know exactly what we've got and what we need to bring in.
No point in having them hanging around in the U21s - they need to be tested against fully fledged professionals. If they fail I've no doubt Dougie will replace them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum