Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston

+16
Triumph
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
luckyPeterpiper
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
JAH
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
observer
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 15:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On loan. Apparently.

2Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 15:48

If you mean Craig, it's bad business by us - we're short on strikers.

If you mean Mark, it's bad business by us - we're short on attacking intent in midfield.

If you mean Windsor, it's bad business by them because he's dead.

3Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:On loan. Apparently.

At any other club this would seem ridiculous, to send your only fit striker out on loan.

But this is Dougie's BWFC where anything goes.

I swear, if he sends Davies out on loan and brings in Mason from Cardiff I won't watch them until he's sacked (which won't be long). Mason is no better than Cavies.

4Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't seem likely with the formation he prefers but maybe a partnership of Mason and Juke could be interesting.

5Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Doesn't seem likely with the formation he prefers but maybe a partnership of Mason and Juke could be interesting.

Mason and Juke have only one full 90 minutes between them this season.

Seeing as it took Moritz half a season to become "match fit" this seems an odd idea, even for Freedman the clown.

6Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preston, will have Cravies and SKD up front then?

They'll have a better strike force than us.

We'll have just Mason.

7Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The way people are reacting on twitter you'd think Craig Davies was Aguero.

8Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Craig Davies is in a position where he needs to play games. Right now he's in the team and long may that continue," the Wanderers boss said.
"There has been one or two enquiries on Craig but I've got to do it for the good of the team, for the good of the player and looking at the financial situation as well.
"Craig's obviously very frustrated because he's not been fit and he needs to have a run of games to get to top fitness. There has been a few enquiries but, as we speak right now, it's not where we want to go and we've let them go. But I have to admit I have to look at his wishes as well and see what he wants to do."

9Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The way people are reacting on twitter you'd think Craig Davies was Aguero.

I don't think he's brilliant by any means, but the guy hasn't had a decent chance. Playing alongside Beckford I reckon he'd have been a handful.

Just seems ridiculous to get rid of a player who hasn't had a chance, to bring in Mason who has had a chance and was absolute shite.

10Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:12

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:Preston, will have Cravies and SKD up front then?

They'll have a better strike force than us.

We'll have just Mason.
 lol!

11Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The way people are reacting on twitter you'd think Craig Davies was Aguero.

I don't think he's brilliant by any means, but the guy hasn't had a decent chance. Playing alongside Beckford I reckon he'd have been a handful.

Just seems ridiculous to get rid of a player who hasn't had a chance, to bring in Mason who has had a chance and was absolute shite.

:agree: 

12Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Craig Davies 20 apps 4 goals

Joe Mason 8 apps 1 goal. 

whats your definition of "chance"

13Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

for christs sake Dougie signs him and then nevers plays him! If he's fit now he should be playing for us and not farmed out, leaving us with probably 2 on loan strikers and Beckford who could be out for god knows how long. The man is a moron!

14Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:16

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Joe Mason 8 apps 1 goal. 

By your own figures, Davies' record is one in five.

Mason's is one in eight.

I know who I'd rather have in the team......

15Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're not "my" figures it's just the figures.

My opinion would be neither have had a great chance.

If you consider 8 games a "chance" in a team devoid of creativity I think you'll be going through strikers at some pace.

16Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Joe Mason 8 apps 1 goal. 

A run of games. I suspect those 20 appearances include sub appearances and most of them were last season - Mason's were in one month.

Don't try and be clever.

17Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

If you consider 8 games a "chance" in a team devoid of creativity I think you'll be going through strikers at some pace.

From what I've seen of Craig Davies he's committed and a real handful. Mason just looked lightweight and his control was shocking.

I've not read one Bolton fan say signing Mason would be a good move. Can everyone be wrong?

18Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mason might be a good player in a front two but as we very rarely play a front two i don't see the point in sending out our own players and bringing in another loan.

I would also like to see Cavies and Beckford play together but i doubt it will ever happen.

19Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

From what I've seen of Craig Davies he's committed and a real handful. Mason just looked lightweight and his control was shocking.

I've not read one Bolton fan say signing Mason would be a good move. Can everyone be wrong?
Cavies works hard and has a decent shot but although he isn't great overall I do get the feeling he's not had the rub of the green with us and there's perhaps more to this story.

In defence of Mason, he's been brilliant for Cardiff in the past but that was the past and he didn't show much when he was with us - although I've always thought of him as a midfielder rather than an out and out striker, so I wasn't surprised.
Won't be impressed if we pursue this.

20Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I like Davies too to be honest, every time I see him he at leasts gives it his all. 

we'll see anyway, my main problem in this team is creativity. I honestly don't think even a quality striker would thrive in this team. So Mason, Davies whoever it is is on a hiding to nothing IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum