Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston

+16
Triumph
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
luckyPeterpiper
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
JAH
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
observer
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 22:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:When I first heard/read about this I thought it was a wind up !! How can we loan Cavies to Preston and import Mason ? It just completely beggars belief.I am now at a complete loss as to try and guess what the little jock is up to.Beckford is injured,Ngog is sold,Cavies is loaned out and we bring in 2 unproven lightweights to propel us up the league ffs,sorry forgot only one of them will play at any one time as god forbid we cant play 2 up front its old fashioned !!!!!! We are royally fucked and that little shit is taking us down !!!

And what is even worse is that Mason is not even a done deal! We are refusing to be held to ransom for £1.5 million for Mason from Cardiff so if the deal falls through, who is playing up front on Saturday?

42Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 22:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Like I said, which ones have actually been a success?? If those are what you consider successes then God help us, it only shows how very far your standards have slipped.

My standards are probably not the same as yours. The club is not exactly flush with cash so the bargain basement is where we are at at this present time. I wish we could have held on to Feeney and McNaughton but it wasn't to be.

The reality is, that we have to live within our means. The days of paying a few million for a quality established player are probably long gone. The empty seats at the Reebok are testament to what happens when you drop out of the top tier.

The only way forward is to cull some of the under performing top earners and start introducing more players from the academy.

The FPP rules are going to hit us pretty hard but thankfully we still have another parachute payment to come. Promotion this season is now out of the question so Championship survival has to be the priority between now and May.

I don't like it any more than you do but there really is no easy answer. We can all blame Dougie but ask yourself this. How much money has he actually had to spend since he has been here? He certainly didn't squander money on Ngog and Mears and give Knight a new contract.

It took Fergie a few years to build a squad at Old Trafford and they have always had a MASSIVE fan base. Man United is a licence to print money, that's why the Glazers bought the club.

We are not in the same league and we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

43Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 22:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:Like I said, which ones have actually been a success?? If those are what you consider successes then God help us, it only shows how very far your standards have slipped.

My standards are probably not the same as yours. The club is not exactly flush with cash so the bargain basement is where we are at at this present time. I wish we could have held on to Feeney and McNaughton but it wasn't to be.

The reality is, that we have to live within our means. The days of paying a few million for a quality established player are probably long gone. The empty seats at the Reebok are testament to what happens when you drop out of the top tier.

The only way forward is to cull some of the under performing top earners and start introducing more players from the academy.

The FPP rules are going to hit us pretty hard but thankfully we still have another parachute payment to come. Promotion this season is now out of the question so Championship survival has to be the priority between now and May.

I don't like it any more than you do but there really is no easy answer. We can all blame Dougie but ask yourself this. How much money has he actually had to spend since he has been here? He certainly didn't squander money on Ngog and Mears and give Knight a new contract.

It took Fergie a few years to build a squad at Old Trafford and they have always had a MASSIVE fan base. Man United is a licence to print money, that's why the Glazers bought the club.

Rt no one is arguing that we have much money but for crying out loud why are we wasting what we have by bringing in a striker and sending our last fit one who ACTUALLY belongs to us out on loan to another team? It defies belief especially when you consider that the striker being shipped out has a scoring rate nearly TWICE as good as the man we may be about to pay a million plus pounds for. 

We need a left back desperately so why are we also looking at a non league goalkeeper when we now have THREE of them on the books and they're all fit. If Dougie wants a striker why not recall Eaves for crying out loud? 

I don't belittle the difficulties the man inherited but he seems to be going out of his way to make his own life even harder! What on earth can he be thinking because let's face it, McNaughton was never going to be allowed to come back, Dawson is at best available for a month and yet instead of working on getting alternate players for a position in which we have ZERO fit players he's shuffling strikers like deckchairs on the titanic and checking out a goalkeeper whose only real attribute appears to be his height. Seriously mate, I'm all for being understanding but there has GOT to be some logic that's discernible to me for me to stay patient. There's none here.

44Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 23:11

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

Rt no one is arguing that we have much money but for crying out loud why are we wasting what we have by bringing in a striker and sending our last fit one who ACTUALLY belongs to us out on loan to another team? It defies belief especially when you consider that the striker being shipped out has a scoring rate nearly TWICE as good as the man we may be about to pay a million plus pounds for. 

We need a left back desperately so why are we also looking at a non league goalkeeper when we now have THREE of them on the books and they're all fit. If Dougie wants a striker why not recall Eaves for crying out loud? 

I don't belittle the difficulties the man inherited but he seems to be going out of his way to make his own life even harder! What on earth can he be thinking because let's face it, McNaughton was never going to be allowed to come back, Dawson is at best available for a month and yet instead of working on getting alternate players for a position in which we have ZERO fit players he's shuffling strikers like deckchairs on the titanic and checking out a goalkeeper whose only real attribute appears to be his height. Seriously mate, I'm all for being understanding but there has GOT to be some logic that's discernible to me for me to stay patient. There's none here.

The wanker inherited a decent squad,not world beaters but not 18th in the championship either,he has now had over 12 months and I cannot see one jot of an improvement in the squad,performances,tactics,team selections,reactions to games in progress etc etc the guy is out of his depth and the sooner Fartside realises it the better chance we have of staying in this division.

45Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 23:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LPP, I agree with your comments. Personally, I would rather stick with Craig Davies instead of spending money on Mason. Davies gets stuck in whereas Mason looked isolated up front. Part of the problem for me is the way we set up our format. We are never going to break any pots with a lone striker up front. You need a quality midfield to work the ball through the channels.

At the moment RVP, Rooney or any other bugger would struggle to score goals for us. We have to build from the back and find a balanced midfield. Medo and Spearing CANNOT play together. For me it's either one or the other. Dougie needs to make a decision. Drop one of them and free up a space for someone else to fill. CYL flatters to deceive but he is still dangerous. Eagles can still do a job providing he is not required to track back. He isn't good at that and never will be. Danns has to play every week. He has had a new lease of life since he came to the Reebok. I see him and Mark Davies as the midfield partnership barring injuries.

Up front, I still think Beckford is the man. Injuries haven't helped but he will score goals at this level when fit.

Then again, what do I know? I'm only a fan.  Smile 

46Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 23:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tigermin I wasn't talking about the players he inherited mate; I meant the financial situation that tied his hands and prevented us from really being able to strengthen while overpaid non performers remained on premiership level wages. I agree we should be a hell of a lot higher up the table with what we already have, his man management is as bad if not worse than Megson's in my opinion.

47Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 06:31

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What an idiot! Mason is no more a striker than I am, I really hope DF has an ace up his sleeve but time is running out.

48Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 09:44

Iles's saying that the board have backtracked on finances, so the money freed up by N'gog wasn't given to Dougie to fill so he's had to shift Cravies to move on his targets.

49Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 09:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Iles's saying that the board have backtracked on finances, so the money freed up by N'gog wasn't given to Dougie to fill so he's had to shift Cravies to move on his targets.

They're strangling Dougie's options. This is bad news if true.
Bit alarming that when they announced the massive debt the message was it's nothing to worry about, but now they're clinging on to every penny.
Dougie's job is hard enough without not being able to spend the money he saves.

I'm all for giving the kids a chance, but if this carries on he'll have no choice but to send out the U18s before long as there'll be nobody left.

50Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:10

bwfc1874 wrote:Iles's saying that the board have backtracked on finances, so the money freed up by N'gog wasn't given to Dougie to fill so he's had to shift Cravies to move on his targets.

If this is true, then it shows just what a Mickey Mouse operation we've become.

Being skint is one thing, but to tell the manager to sell one player to free up funds, then once it's done, turn round and say "Erm, actually we've changed our minds and we're keeping the money. Go and sell another one and you can have that money instead" suggests that they're a bunch of clueless idiots who think Freedman's a gullible prick.

I'm far from Freedman's biggest fan, but if I was in his position, I'd tell 'em to fuck right off if they'd pulled that with me.

51Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If true we are looking at a board that has no greater ambition than avoiding relegation this season. God knows what they expect Dougie or any other manager to achieve next season.

52Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 12:05

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My club has gone to pot ..... that's that.  Make no mistake ...when Phil, Doog and whoever else goes...we will still be here. It's our club not their's.
The goal now should be to get a draw from the remaining games. That should just be enough to avoid relegation....but to what end I wonder......is something going to change for next season....
I'm stumped.

53Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:32

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:My club has gone to pot ..... that's that.  Make no mistake ...when Phil, Doog and whoever else goes...we will still be here. It's our club not their's.
The goal now should be to get a draw from the remaining games. That should just be enough to avoid relegation....but to what end I wonder......is something going to change for next season....
I'm stumped.
Is pot legal in the UK?

54Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:35

No, but Tesco Value Vodka does the job for £9.99 a bottle.

And you can clean your paint brushes with it.....

55Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:No, but Tesco Value Vodka does the job for £9.99 a bottle.

And you can clean your paint brushes with it.....

Laughing 

56Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
terenceanne wrote:My club has gone to pot ..... that's that.  Make no mistake ...when Phil, Doog and whoever else goes...we will still be here. It's our club not their's.
I'm stumped.
Is pot legal in the UK?
Yes completely.

Bring over a couple of keys for the Nuts Xmas dinner.

57Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 14:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How much do we reckon CDavies is on?

My biggest hope with regard to Dougie is that unlike his predecessors, he knows how to get value for money. That we're so desperate to get CDavies - one of Dougie's first signings who has spent most of the time on the bench - off the wage bill, leads me to fear otherwise.

58Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 14:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:
I'm stumped.
Is pot legal in the UK?
Yes completely.

Bring over a couple of keys for the Nuts Xmas dinner.

lol! 

59Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 15:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No confirmation from either club, but SKD just tweeted he was pleased to see Cavies today and is "glad he's coming to help with the promotion push"

60Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Fri Jan 31 2014, 15:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:No confirmation from either club, but SKD just tweeted he was pleased to see Cavies today and is "glad he's coming to help with the promotion push"

Difficult to believe that Dougie hasn't completely lost the plot if true. WTF did he sign him for in the first place?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum