Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston

+16
Triumph
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
luckyPeterpiper
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
JAH
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
observer
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a reason why he's not been given a chance. Just ask nat

22Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's about time Dougie fucked off...

23Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:37

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

karlypants wrote:It's about time Dougie fucked off...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: 

24Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:43

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not before he totally destroys our football club!

25Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seeing as Cavies has scored zero goals in his last 11 outings I think Dougie does have a case for loaning him out. Like Cavies style, but we need goals.

26Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:49

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Seeing as Cavies has scored zero goals in his last 11 outings I think Dougie does have a case for loaning him out. Like Cavies style, but we need goals.
For all the criticism of DF, I know that his past loanees have been pretty good for us.  I only hope he has an ace up his sleeve.  Would love him to get Dawson as well as the ace up his sleeve!

27Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Not before he totally destroys our football club!

:facepalm:

28Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Seeing as Cavies has scored zero goals in his last 11 outings I think Dougie does have a case for loaning him out. Like Cavies style, but we need goals.
For all the criticism of DF, I know that his past loanees have been pretty good for us. 
You wouldn't know if you were going by some of the naive comments we get on here.

29Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 16:59

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not necessarily the loaning of Cravies, though when we have 1 fit striker (not including loans) it does seem quite stupid. It's the imminent arrival if Mason as Cravies replacement.

30Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 17:52

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The way people are reacting on twitter you'd think Craig Davies was Aguero.

I don't think he's brilliant by any means, but the guy hasn't had a decent chance. Playing alongside Beckford I reckon he'd have been a handful.

Just seems ridiculous to get rid of a player who hasn't had a chance, to bring in Mason who has had a chance and was absolute shite.

Craig Davies 20 apps 4 goals

Joe Mason 8 apps 1 goal. 

whats your definition of "chance"

By your own figures, Davies' record is one in five.

Mason's is one in eight.

I know who I'd rather have in the team......

Not to forget that "appearances" are appearances from the bench as well as games started. Only one of Mason's eight appearances was as a sub. Well over half of CDavies' appearances have been as a substitute.

I don't think either has had a fair chance in the sense that neither should be playing as a lone striker, which is what's usually required of them.

But it'd be nice, just for once, for Dougie to try to develop our own assets rather then borrowing other clubs'.

31Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 18:11

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's pretty obvious to me, is that Dougie doesn't rate C Davies, even though he was Dougie's first buy. Can you imagine if Joe Mason was our player and he just returned from a lengthy spell on the sidelines, Joe Mason would never have been allowed out on loan. Definitely not to Preston!

32Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 18:17

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The way people are reacting on twitter you'd think Craig Davies was Aguero.

I don't think he's brilliant by any means, but the guy hasn't had a decent chance. Playing alongside Beckford I reckon he'd have been a handful.

Just seems ridiculous to get rid of a player who hasn't had a chance, to bring in Mason who has had a chance and was absolute shite.

Joe Mason 8 apps 1 goal. 

From your own stats we're about to replace a striker who gets 1 in 5 with a striker who gets 1 in 8! 

How do you call that good? Add to that our other loan "star" who has 1 in TWELVE this season and it's pretty obvious that DF wouldn't know a real footballer if it rose up and slapped him in the face.

33Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 18:42

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"I can't guarantee anybody that they'll play next week, that's not my style, you've got to fight for your position. Everybody's under the same sort of mindset." Is Dougoe's own words in this article. 

Yet when he was asked about the Cardiff game, immediately after our worst defeat in more than THIRTY YEARS he said "We won't change things, it's unfair to ask the kids to play in such an important game and some our players deserve to be out there."

The man can't stop talking out of an orifice that isn't in his face and frankly he looks more and more like a complete twerp every team a sound comes out of it. 

As to Cravies, well, he's been injured true and he's only just back BUT he's still better than Mason imo and he's almost GOT to be better than Jutkiewicz. I don't get why we're sending our own player out on loan then borrowing a worse one from somewhere else. What;s the rationale? Is there a rationale?

We need a Left Back, not another mediocre striker who can't play in a "lone target man" role. Cravies should be retained and given a run of starts and when Beckford comes back they should both be starting. Of course that would mean we play more attacking football. He doesn't do that though, in fact if we won a match where they both scored a hat trick  Dougie would most likely fine them for spending too much time in the oppositions half.

34Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 18:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Joe Mason 8 apps 1 goal. 

From your own stats we're about to replace a striker who gets 1 in 5 with a striker who gets 1 in 8! 

How do you call that good? Add to that our other loan "star" who has 1 in TWELVE this season and it's pretty obvious that DF wouldn't know a real footballer if it rose up and slapped him in the face.

If you go back I answered that question almost verbatim from someone else, my point was more about the intimation from nat that Mason had "had his chance" and C.Davies "hadn't"

35Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 20:23

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:
For all the criticism of DF, I know that his past loanees have been pretty good for us. 
You wouldn't know if you were going by some of the naive comments we get on here.

Lusty, other than Dawson last year which are these loanees who have been good for us??

36Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 20:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:

Lusty, other than Dawson last year which are these loanees who have been good for us??

McNaughton and Feeney both did a decent job.

37Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 21:12

Don't think anybody can argue with Danns either.

38Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 21:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. The question should have been, " Which of Dougie's loan signings have been rubbish?"

39Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 22:22

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

When I first heard/read about this I thought it was a wind up !! How can we loan Cavies to Preston and import Mason ? It just completely beggars belief.I am now at a complete loss as to try and guess what the little jock is up to.Beckford is injured,Ngog is sold,Cavies is loaned out and we bring in 2 unproven lightweights to propel us up the league ffs,sorry forgot only one of them will play at any one time as god forbid we cant play 2 up front its old fashioned !!!!!! We are royally fucked and that little shit is taking us down !!!

40Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites to ship DAVIES to Preston Thu Jan 30 2014, 22:23

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Like I said, which ones have actually been a success?? If those are what you consider successes then God help us, it only shows how very far your standards have slipped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum