Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will dougie stick with 4-4-2

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
White84
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Empty Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Fri Mar 07 2014, 19:09

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Surely after two clean sheets best result against the inbred mutants for 86 years,and the team looking as cohesive as I can remember since we were relegated,he won't go to his favoured one up top defensive ,boring,strategy that has clearly failed all season.Surely he isn't so stupid.My god this man will have me like a cat on a hot tin roof awaiting the team selection.Especially with a mention of Liam Trotter in tonight's Bolton News.The fact he is saying Trotter is going to make his move permanent is worrying.Ok if a back up in case of injury to Medo or Spearing.We are stuck with Pratley for another year as Coyle gave him a 4 year contract.So Trotter another player who does not seem to know what he is doing is covering for Pratley who is out for the rest of the season will be here permanently next season.WTF I'd rather see Vela or Iliev getting on the bench than some Millwall reject.Iliev scored 2 again v Everton.We lost 3-2 but at 2-2 Vela missed a penalty.This Iliev looks a promising player when we gonna get a glance.Now to the end of the season their should be some of the development squad blooded.Once we r safe from relegation let's see what they can do,White Right back,Iliev midfield,Youngs,Clough 10 mins here and there I know a few are out on loan Connor Wilkinson for example but as the season is almost over let's start preparing for next season.Also FFS play 4-4-2.

2Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Empty Re: Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Fri Mar 07 2014, 20:15

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hopefully, Dougie has finally learned his lesson, that we play so much better with TWO strikers up front, not ONE. I have backed Dougie till the hilt, but if Dougie starts to tinker, with a winning formation and our form suffers, then I won't have any sympathy for him.

* I would also like to see the kid Georgi lliev involved, once Mason goes back to Cardiff, BTW.

3Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Empty Re: Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Fri Mar 07 2014, 20:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure, tough away game, point would be welcome.

I wouldn't have a problem with a more defensive line up.

but I'd rather he stuck with it for sure, if it aint broke....

4Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Empty Re: Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Sat Mar 08 2014, 00:04

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we play like we did last week we'll murder what is a poor Leeds side, we're not gonna get relegated let's go for it for God's sake,what's to lose. If he goes more cautious again with the one up top shit I'll be really pissed off.

5Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Empty Re: Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Sat Mar 08 2014, 11:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The question isn't SHOULD he stick with it (A universal yes seems to be the opinion here) but WILL he, a question we GENERALLY think has a yes for an answer but is a lot less certain in our minds. 

I think Dougie will go with it in terms of team an formation but the strategy may be a little more defensive. Rather than front foot top speed from the off football we may play a more measured game and be more cautious about going forward in numbers.

6Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Empty Re: Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Sat Mar 08 2014, 11:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So apparently he's going to start with the same team that finished last week's game which is interesting inasmuch that previously he's changed things for away games.
Hutton played midweek so it's understandable that he's on the bench.

7Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Empty Re: Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Sat Mar 08 2014, 12:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Yes, two games in a year could kill him, he's only a professional athlete after all.

8Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Empty Re: Will dougie stick with 4-4-2 Sat Mar 08 2014, 12:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Yes, two games in a year could kill him, he's only a professional athlete after all.
He probably based his decision on the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" element.
He probably justified it to Hutton - who would have expected to walk into the team and was probably promised game time to come to us anyway - by using the "midweek game" element.
Canny bloke on some levels is our Dougie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum