Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liverpool and England striker Daniel Sturridge remembers good times at Bolton Wanderers

+2
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Daniel Sturridge tipped a nod to Wanderers on the day he picked up his Premier League player-of-the-month award.

The Liverpool striker was rewarded for his scintillating form at Anfield, which saw him score five goals in as many games during February.

But in a Twitter exchange with Wanderers midfielder Stuart Holden, the England international acknowledged the help he had been given at the Reebok during a highly successful loan spell in 2011.

In response to Holden’s tongue-in-cheek offer that he return to Bolton, Sturridge wrote on his official account: “Them Bolton days were class. Thankful for the opportunity I got there. You boys were class with me too!”

Sturridge scored eight goals in 12 games for Wanderers after being signed on loan by Owen Coyle from Chelsea, including four in his first four games for the club.

In total, the former Manchester City man has scored 23 goals in all competitions for club and country this season.

Source

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Everything he touched for us turned to gold.

Good player but so one footed it's unreal.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Daniel Sturridge wrote:“Them Bolton days were class. Thankful for the opportunity I got there. You boys were class with me too!”

Awful English. I am seething.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:Everything he touched for us turned to gold.

Good player but so one footed it's unreal.

The one foot he has is a lot better than both feet on many players!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He absolutely ran the show for us.
We might have gone down that season had it been left to the other strikers we had at the time.

It's nice to hear him say these things now. He didn't sound so grateful at the time.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I actually had and still have a lot of time for Sturridge, he never once pretended he was here for our sake. He was totally honest from the start, he came here to get games and goals to force Chelsea to pick him the following season and he did extremely well for us while he was here. He might not have gushed sycophantic junk about how wonderful it was to be here etc etc but I preferred his straightforward honesty and he did a hell of a job for us while in our shirt. I wish him well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum