Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Sneekers_3096754

Richard Sneekes lifts the lid on his former West Brom, Ajax and Bolton team mates on Soccer AM.

WORST TRAINER: I'm going to say Russell Hoult but he's not going to like it. Frank Burrows used to say to him he was the best trainer but I know that Houlty was always at the back when we were running.

HARDMAN: That would be Peter Butler, my midfield compatriot who did all the dirty work for me. He was a great guy to have as a back-up in your midfield because I didn't have to worry about anything. If I let my men go he'd pick them up and saw them in half!

MOST SKILFUL: At Ajax I'd have to say a guy called Gerald Vanenburg. He was probably the best technical player Holland has ever seen. At Bolton it would be Sasa Curcic, who was very technical, a very good player. And then at West Brom I'd say Enzo Maresca.

FUTURE MANAGER: I always thought Derek McInnes would have been a manager. He was a very serious guy, knew his stuff and you always had an inkling he'd make it into management, which he's proven.

LEAST INTELLIGENT: Jason McAteer. He once put on a credit card application that his position was central midfielder!

AND WHO'S THE LONGEST IN THE SHOWER...: It would probably be Mark Patterson - but that's just from being told!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15120/9202208/team-mates-gold-richard-sneekes

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back in his Bolton days:

Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes 1027-lsh

I remember him scoring some cracking long range shots!

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jason McAteer... Thick?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Banks of the Croal wrote:Jason McAteer... Thick?
Good story. I once saw him taking the piss out of John McGinley at a player of the year award,, which Super John won, carrying on like a love-struck teenager, saying things like " I love you John", and "You're wonderful". A bit childish, and I think a bit of jealousy crept in. Otherwise, I thought he was ok, and a good player. At least we knew what we were getting with him.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

One year the supporters club held their annual end of season meeting in the Bolton Town Hall, and my mate and I were talking to Richard Sneekes for what must have been the best part of an hour. I'd lived in Germany (on the Dutch border), and my mate had a German mother, so often the talk dropped into  German, (I understood the swearing, and reference to beer  Very Happy ). He was a really nice guy, very friendly, genuine, and very smart too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum