Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I've Had Some Terrible News

+4
bwfc71
largehat
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I've Had Some Terrible News Empty I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For years now I've been meaning to sit down and put together my family tree. I was watching that Titanic programme on BBC last night with Len Goodman and, for some reason, it gave me the motivation to start it.

I set up an account on ancestry.co.uk and away I went. Unfortunately a lot of my family is dead and the living ones are pretty useless on names and dates pre-1900, but I managed to trace back to 1847, the year my great grandfather was born.

But then I nearly had a heart attack, my great grandfather was born in Blackburn. I am decended from Dingles. I cannot take the shame.

I am going to top myself.

2I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Go back further - he probably descended from Bolton missionaries who went to help the natives there.

3I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:14 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Aren't we all descended from Adam and Eve anyway, Nat?

4I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Aren't we all descended from Adam and Eve anyway, Nat?

Don't try and console me. I am suicidal. My life means nothing. I have been living a lie.

5I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Go back further - he probably descended from Bolton missionaries who went to help the natives there.

Unfortunately I'm stuck on my great grandfather who was born in 1847, no one knows the names of his parents and there's no official record of him being born. I don't know how else I could go back further.

6I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:40 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Go back further - he probably descended from Bolton missionaries who went to help the natives there.

Unfortunately I'm stuck on my great grandfather who was born in 1847, no one knows the names of his parents and there's no official record of him being born. I don't know how else I could go back further.

Even though you're probably making the whole thing up in a moment of boredom, that would actually make sense. Prior to the 1837 Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages Act, it was not required by law to register these events, and many commoners' lives went unrecorded.

7I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I bet Bolton Hater is a dsitant relative - yikes!

8I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Even though you're probably making the whole thing up in a moment of boredom, that would actually make sense. Prior to the 1837 Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages Act, it was not required by law to register these events, and many commoners' lives went unrecorded.

Two things:

1) It is not made up

2) How dare you suggest I am descended from common folk - surely there are posh Dingles?

9I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe you need to find a way of expressing your inner blackburn fan.

10I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm sure Bolton Hater can help you further, all the dingles are inbread so you are probably related.

11I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:33 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Two things:

1) It is not made up

2) How dare you suggest I am descended from common folk - surely there are posh Dingles?

Do you have four fingers and a thumb on each hand and five toes on each foot? That is a good sign if so.

12I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one is helping very much, surely someone has traced their ancestors back past the mid-1800's? I need tips to go back further in the hope the Blackburn thing was just a blip.

13I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:No one is helping very much, surely someone has traced their ancestors back past the mid-1800's? I need tips to go back further in the hope the Blackburn thing was just a blip.

Your mum's your dad
Your dad's your mum
You're interbred
You Whittam scum

Very Happy

14I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

largehat wrote:Your mum's your dad
Your dad's your mum
You're interbred
You Whittam scum

Very Happy

My pig won't let me watch TV.

My pig won't let me watch TV.
It's totally unfair.
He watches anything he wants
but doesn't ever share.

I never get to watch cartoons
or anything like that.
He's busy watching farming shows.
I should have got a cat.

I should have got a goldfish
or a guinea pig or goat.
Instead, I've got this pig
who's always hogging the remote.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:36 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, the important thing is that your and your family have bettered yourselves. If you continue this trend, you may eventually move down here. Very Happy

16I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Natasha WHittam this should be the happiest day of your life. Turn on your tv tonight at about 8pm and watch your new team turn over Liverpool. You won't regret it.

Off to the game now, in a few hours we'll be out of the bottom three and ahead of the Bolton losers. ROVERS TIL I DIE!

17I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:05 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton Hater wrote:Natasha WHittam this should be the happiest day of your life. Turn on your tv tonight at about 8pm and watch your new team turn over Liverpool. You won't regret it.

At the end of that I was half expecting you to say, Natasha....I am your father. Very Happy

18I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When that second Liverpool goal went in, half the Blackburn fans behind the goal went mad at their own team. Normally I would laugh my head off at them, but I feel sympathy for them. Am I changing? Will I be colouring half my Bolton top blue before the night is out?

19I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope so if it means you won't post on here anymore.

20I've Had Some Terrible News Empty Re: I've Had Some Terrible News Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:23 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I hope so if it means you won't post on here anymore.

Harsh. Funny, but harsh. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum