Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season

+13
chipbutty
bwfc71
trotter1948
xmiles
gloswhite
Keegan
largehat
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Who is your player of the season?

Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap29%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 29% [ 6 ]
Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap5%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap5%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap0%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap0%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap10%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap10%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap14%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 14% [ 3 ]
Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_lcap14%Bolton Nuts Wanderers Player Of The Season Vote_rcap 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Well the season is coming to an end so it's time to vote for your player of the season.

When you've stopped laughing, please choose from the above list, one vote each.

The player who tops the poll will be presented with a pair of silver balls (nuts) at our presentation night to be held in sluffy's garden shed in May. Special guest yet to be confirmed.

Last edited by Passi on Tue Apr 17 2012, 16:13; edited 1 time in total

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I actually can't pick a player, not one of them has performed consistantly well over the season to be honest, even Bogdan to be honest who has only really played a blinder in about 5 or 6 games this season.

Mark Davies is the one I would like to vote for as on his day he is the best creative player we have by a mile but on so many occasions has been missing in the middle of the park this season, maily down to him being in a 4-4-2.

A strange pick but for me it's Petrov, this has been his best season in a white shirt for me, delivering some killer balls into the box and on the rare occasion has tracked back, also has created a few chances for our strikers, shame none of them have been bothered to be in the box for when he puts the ball in.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Paul Robinson!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You should have a no one box.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy you've made a mockery of this thread.

Lock the thread and start again.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've gone for NRC.

Seems to have done his best over the season, which is more than most.

As far as I can recall he's the only play not to have been dropped this season too - although I may have just made that up?

Everyone else as blown hot or cold (mostly cold) or have been dire.

Difficult one, Klasnic has socred 9 goals and is far and away our leading scorer but has been pretty poor in truth. The defence has been awful so no vote there. I'm going to have to agree with sluffy and say Nigel Reo-Coker, who has performed more consistantly than the others.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

W-U-M

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think I can vote.
I don't have an out and out favourite.

Could you not change the vote to pick your three best players.
And then at the end of the season we take the top two players and then vote between them?

Sorry if that is a pain.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wheater has been more or less consistent. But not amazing.

NRC has been solid for me after a shaky start.

Muamba was the main reason our season started to turn around in my opinion. With him in we looked ok. With him out we looked rubbish.

But for Bogdan (excluding Chelski match) we could have easily conceded 6 or 7 more goals.
Not only has he stopped shots but his GOOD use of the ball has been a game changer for us and really given us a momentum - I can't underestimate that impact.

Petrov - for some reason, I really like him, I wish we had better players around him, I think he could be even better next season. He is a very technically good player but needs good support to be at his best.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think this vote could have been better organised, removing some of the obvious non contenders like Jussi, Alonso, Pratley and Tuncay. So by way of protest I have voted for Sordell.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I think this vote could have been better organised, removing some of the obvious non contenders like Jussi, Alonso, Pratley and Tuncay. So by way of protest I have voted for Sordell.

No sane person would vote for Mark Davies, but someone has.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:I think this vote could have been better organised, removing some of the obvious non contenders like Jussi, Alonso, Pratley and Tuncay. So by way of protest I have voted for Sordell.

No sane person would vote for Mark Davies, but someone has.

There's an argument for Mark Davies, there's an argument for a number of the players. Personally I would be embarrassed to be voted BWFC player of the season this year. Nobody has been outstanding all season long, surely the definition of the term 'player of the year'.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd like to hear your argument for Mark Davies. He has been pisspoor.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd like to hear your argument for Mark Davies. He has been pisspoor.

I didn't say Mark Davies gets my vote, did I? He has put in a few big performances this season when played centrally in a 4-5-1, but not enough to be considered player of the year. It's easier to construct an argument for Davies than for Pratley for example.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd like to hear your argument for Mark Davies. He has been pisspoor.

I didn't say Mark Davies gets my vote, did I? He has put in a few big performances this season when played centrally in a 4-5-1, but not enough to be considered player of the year. It's easier to construct an argument for Davies than for Pratley for example.

I would rate Pratley and Davies equally. One doesn't have the basic skills but tries quite hard, the other has some skills but never uses them and looks like he can't be arsed.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, your attempted baiting by mentioning Mark Davies is just sad.

This coming from the person who declared Klasnic vital to our survival, then the next week Kevin Davies, now... well you've not decided yet i guess.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Nat, your attempted baiting by mentioning Mark Davies is just sad.

This coming from the person who declared Klasnic vital to our survival, then the next week Kevin Davies, now... well you've not decided yet i guess.

Hipster you bellend, Mark Davies has been rubbish and you know it.

Klasnic has been far from great but at least he's scored a few goals from limited appearances - and he's been involved in our better performances.

Fair play to you though, I actually thought you'd try and vote for Holden.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies hasn't been "rubbish" he's been wildly inconsistent... as is the trademark of his career.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum