Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+34
finlaymcdanger
rogercpc
bryan458
mgsg24
carrs
JohannesburgWanderer
JAH
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
Vendor
NickFazer
White84
Barryjw
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
Norpig
wessy
Sluffy
BL3White
scottjames30
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
MartinBWFC
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

21Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun May 11 2014, 15:00

Feeney's been released by Millwall. Worth a punt?

22Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun May 11 2014, 15:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The second of the four players released was Liam Feeney. Initially brought in from Bournemouth in 2011, Feeney made 83 appearances and scored seven goals - two of them coming in a 4-1 home win against Ipswich back in October 2011. And in all honesty, that was one of his better games for the Lions.

As so typically with wingers their form is erratic throughout a season, and Feeney’s form was just that. Many fans grew frustrated with the right winger, too often Feeney would opt to play the ball backwards or sidewards as opposed to running at his man, he would be slow to track back and help out his right-back and often went missing. Now, this is just how I feel towards his contribution to Millwall.

Too often Feeney drifted in and out of games and I feel he was more of a squad player than a regular started.

Feeney found appearances in the side hard to come by and was loaned out initially to Bolton Wanderers, who liked what they saw from the winger, before he was recalled to sit on the bench for the Lions. Then, at the end of March, Feeney was loaned out to Bolton’s Lancashire rivals, Blackburn Rovers and with his contract us, that was effectively the end of Feeney’s Millwall career that failed to live up to the expectation all the Den faithful would have hoped for.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun May 11 2014, 15:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Burke

24Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun May 11 2014, 15:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Bolton boss will offer the deal to the Scot, who looks set to leave Birmingham, after contract talks have somewhat stalled in the last week or so.

Burke, aged 30 should be available on a bosman deal, and Dougie Freedman may have to act quickly to snap him up, as Chris Eagles has left the club, meanwhile, Burke, who can play on both wings, may be a suitable replacement for Lee Chung Yong, who could possibly depart the club in the summer.

Derby County, Nottingham Forest and Leeds are also interested in the player.

The midfielder could be offered a new deal, however Burke may not want to take a substantial pay cut to stay at St Andrews, due to Birmingham’s current financial plight.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

25Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun May 11 2014, 16:20

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

i would welcome that one good winger.

26Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun May 11 2014, 16:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought he looked Birminghams best player, thought it was strange he took him off.

27Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun May 11 2014, 20:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Feeney was decent when he played for us. I'd certainly have him for next season.

28Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 12 2014, 09:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Burke has always been a decent winger but it wouldn't make sense for us to sign him in our situation. He's 30, isn't a very prolific goalscorer and is on good money - whereas Dougie has stated that he is targeting younger players (who will cost less) and have the potential to become great players - and have the "right DNA" whatever that is. 
Hope we pass on Feeney. He played well for us when he had something to prove but he's lazy by nature and has a bit of a temper - not what we need long term. Hope Rovers sign him.

29Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 12 2014, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hope we pass on Feeney. He played well for us when he had something to prove but he's lazy by nature and has a bit of a temper - not what we need long term. Hope Rovers sign him.

What a load of bollocks. The guy comes in, plays really well in a shite side, yet you don't want to sign him because someone told you he was lazy and had a temper?

For someone who thinks he is clever, you are a dumb bastard.

30Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 12 2014, 14:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

For someone who thinks he is clever, you are a dumb bastard.
If you really have the ability to read stranger's minds without ever having met them - you also claim to know what the manager is thinking - why don't you use your talent for something constructive? You could tell us what Feeney was thinking when it was rumoured he'd get a contract with us for a start. You could provide some real insight on all the players week in, week out.

Forgive me for being slightly skeptical about this wondrous talent of yours, but I'm wondering why you bothered asking us if you should date Mavies or not when you obviously know his every thought. Or does it only work with people you've never met like me and Dougie? Or are you just bullshitting yet again?

You know what I think about that.

31Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 13 2014, 01:11

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Decent player Chris Burke. Consistent,hard worker and pretty impressive whenever I've seen him. Yes please Duggie. Definitely preferable to Feeney IMO.

32Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 13 2014, 09:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Decent player Chris Burke. Consistent,hard worker and pretty impressive whenever I've seen him. Yes please Duggie. Definitely preferable to Feeney IMO.
He is a good player in the Chris Brunt or Wigan's McLean style but he's 30 and on good wages. Sure he'd be a good acquisition if we had the money - lots of players would be - but it doesn't chime with Dougie's PR about looking for younger players who are affordable and not yet the finished product.

33Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 15 2014, 08:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Latest from Nixon is:

"Dervite very close. Feeney fairly close."

34Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 15 2014, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought Feeney was signing for our six fingered friends at Ewood Park?

35Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 15 2014, 09:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feeney news has been greeted with the kind of rousing support we've come to expect on twitter.

apparently he's "shit" "so shit" "fucking wank" "wank" and DF should be sacked if he signs. 

/boltonfans.

36Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 15 2014, 09:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought Feeney was a breath of fresh air when he came to us, he had pace, liked to take on the full back and put in some good crosses. I would be happy to see him sign for us

I think this is why i don't bother with Twitter, too many tools!

37Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 15 2014, 09:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dorian Dervite is a solid signing, but despite Knight moving on I'm surprised we're after a CB as we have plenty and was hoping Bolger would be ready to warm the bench as backup this season.

38Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 15 2014, 10:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Feeney news has been greeted with the kind of rousing support we've come to expect on twitter.

apparently he's "shit" "so shit" "fucking wank" "wank" and DF should be sacked if he signs. 

/boltonfans.

Feeney is one of the few players who actually impressed last season for us, albeit he only played for a month or two.

I can't believe anyone who watched him at Birmingham or at Blackpool would see this as a "shit" signing.

39Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 15 2014, 11:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Norpig states, Twitter is infested with idiots.

40Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 15 2014, 12:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But you choose who you follow, so you can ignore the idiots...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum