Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Managerial Merry Go Round

+4
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Managerial Merry Go Round Tue May 13 2014, 12:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Four managers are heading for the exit in the next 24 hours. Pepe Mel at West Brom, Tim Sherwood at Spurs, Big Sam at West Ham and Paul Lambert at Villa. 

I must say that I am surprised at the West Ham board of Gold, Sullivan and Brady bowing to pressure from their fans. Big Sam got them promoted and maintained their Premiership status but it still isn't good enough for the deluded Hammers fans. 

Hopefully they will get relegated next season and then we can all be entertained with their marvellous attractive football in the Championship.

2Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Tue May 13 2014, 13:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Lambert. Brave manager.

3Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Tue May 13 2014, 14:02

West Ham fans will get a wake up call if they do replace Allaradyce. They want to play 'the West Ham way' whatever that is, will be interesting to see if a new manager can work out how to do that with Carroll and Nolan up front.

4Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Tue May 13 2014, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mel looked completely out of his depth, although a genuine guy to be fair.

Sherwood came across as a bit of a twat to be honest - but the stats say he is the most successful Spurs manager in recent times.

Lambert is one of the worst managers ever to manage. I saw an interview with him the other day where he was trying to make out Villa were a small club with limited resources. What an absolute tool.

West Ham won't sack Fat Sam.

5Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Tue May 13 2014, 14:33

A few months ago you said it was a matter of time before West Ham sacked Sam and Bolton sacked freedman. Both had gone past the point of no return and would be out before the end of the season. Why the change of heart?

6Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Tue May 13 2014, 15:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They were talking on the radio last week about how Mel had kept West Brom up. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if their record was worse after he arrived. Not sure they need to sack him, mind.

West Ham have actually finished the season in a worse position than we once finished under Megson and it seems the football is as dire. It's easy for us to stick up for Allardyce because we remember him for the good old days when he brought in top class flair players for peanuts. At West Ham he seems to have spent a lot of money on junk. Everybody said Stoke would regret sacking Pulis, yet they've had their best ever season under Mark Hughes. It could go either way if West Ham sack Allardyce.

Sherwood hasn't had time to put his stamp on Spurs, but he strikes me as a frighteningly bad man manager.

7Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Tue May 13 2014, 15:15

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mel's record at Brom is worse than Steve Clarke.

8Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Tue May 13 2014, 22:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The final interview of Tim Sherwood. He'll be no good at West Ham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27367481

9Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Mon Oct 09 2023, 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Birmingham have sacked John Eustace after beating West Brom on Friday night, a victory that lifted them to 6th in the table, their highest position in years.

Madness.

And who is favourite to take over? Wayne Rooney.

Double madness.

10Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Mon Oct 09 2023, 11:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Birmingham have sacked John Eustace after beating West Brom on Friday night, a victory that lifted them to 6th in the table, their highest position in years.

Madness.

And who is favourite to take over? Wayne Rooney.

Double madness.
Very odd decision. Rather like trying to put out a chip pan fire with your knob.
It might work, but the likelihood is, neither chips, nor knob are ending up fit for purpose.

11Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Mon Oct 09 2023, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Rather like trying to put out a chip pan fire with your knob.

Did you have to go to hospital?

12Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Mon Oct 09 2023, 12:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Did you have to go to hospital?
Very Happy
No. But I was instrumental in the invention of the battered sausage in the sixties.

13Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Mon Oct 09 2023, 12:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Very Happy
No. But I was instrumental in the invention of the battered sausage in the sixties.
Managerial Merry Go Round Raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786

14Managerial Merry Go Round Empty Re: Managerial Merry Go Round Mon Oct 09 2023, 12:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum