Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who was the bad apple?

+2
cairocuz
Rentab
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who was the bad apple? Empty Who was the bad apple? Wed 14 May - 23:34

Rentab

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi,
New here.
Who was the bad apple do you think in the dressing room Dougie was talking about. He insinuated that it was someone who left.

I doubt it was Lynch as he didn't get on the pitch.

2Who was the bad apple? Empty Re: Who was the bad apple? Wed 14 May - 23:37

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

welcome rentab
in my opinion the only bad apple in the dressing room was freedman!

3Who was the bad apple? Empty Re: Who was the bad apple? Wed 14 May - 23:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome mate.

These were my thoughts that I've posted elsewhere - just a guess from me though - who do you think it was?

Andrews seemed a bit miffed when he got booted out to make way for Spearing so I guess he wasn't one that Freedman wanted at the club.

I don't think he was too thrilled with Mears.

Eagles went from the star of last season to hardly playing in the one gone, so maybe he wasn't wanted at the club?

Sordell wasn't kept, so another whose face didn't fit I would think?

I think one of Freedmans own signing - Craig Davies - seem to have some sort of a bust up with him - and got sent to Preston, so perhaps he was another?

Who knows really - could just be a load of bull for all we know.

4Who was the bad apple? Empty Re: Who was the bad apple? Wed 14 May - 23:44

Rentab

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi,
I think it was a case that dougie didn't like the influence on the team certain players had on the team, Knight was captain and wasn't playing too well, Eagles wasn't given a good run of games and Mears wasn't having the best of games when he did play. Who do you think was the one and why? Or was it more than one? Is there any inside info on it?

5Who was the bad apple? Empty Re: Who was the bad apple? Wed 14 May - 23:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It wasn't the one person, Freedman said "Out of respect to certain individuals I’m not going to start highlighting specific things that have gone on"

Freedman confirmed the disruption was coming from within his squad but that he redressed the balance after the introduction of loanees Liam Feeney, Kevin McNaughton and Neil Danns. - So I'm guessing the Loanees replaced the individuals who were causing the problems.

6Who was the bad apple? Empty Re: Who was the bad apple? Wed 14 May - 23:59

Rentab

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi,
That makes sense, so who was the midfielder? Vela?

7Who was the bad apple? Empty Re: Who was the bad apple? Thu 15 May - 0:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Unlikely to have been Vela - he hadn't made a real breakthrough in the first team. My guess would be Mears & Eagles. Thanks Owen!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

8Who was the bad apple? Empty Re: Who was the bad apple? Thu 15 May - 7:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pretty sure it was Eagles. I mentioned several months ago that Dougie was running a training session and trying to implement some new ideas. Allegedly Eagles wasn't able to adapt and ended up walking off. He hasn't played another game since then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum