Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone like flying

+6
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
jayjay23
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Does anyone like flying Empty Does anyone like flying Wed Apr 11 2012, 23:52

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

http://www.gefs-online.com/

Free online, browser based simulator which means you cna fly pretty much over your own house with realtime weather etc.

You need decent graphics card.

2Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 16:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

After the 'Alien' incident, you don't need anything else flying over your house. Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate flying. It scares me.

4Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 16:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not a good flyer to be honest, I usually take a few pills then take advantage of all the free drinks they give you in FIRST CLASS.

5Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 16:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not a good flyer to be honest, I usually take a few pills then take advantage of all the free drinks they give you in FIRST CLASS.

What sort of pills? Have you got any?

6Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 17:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not a good flyer to be honest, I usually take a few pills then take advantage of all the free drinks they give you in FIRST CLASS.

What sort of pills? Have you got any?

A couple of tabs of LSD usually has me tripping my tits off, one flight i thought i was driving a unicorn with a steering wheel.

7Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

A couple of tabs of LSD usually has me tripping my tits off, one flight i thought i was driving a unicorn with a steering wheel.

Just say 'no' kids or you'll end up like Hipster.

I meant legal pills you ponce.

8Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 17:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wasn't a good flyer when I was younger but now I don't mind it to be honest, just take a tablet called ''sea legs'' and im fine.

9Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 18:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not too struck on the take-off, when my arse puckers up to my elbows, otherwise its not too bad. Like the landings, though the thought of sitting in a metal cigar tube coming down at 200-300 miles an hour, and not being able to see a bloody thing does seem a bit odd. Flying to Vietnam on my hols in August, and thats a 12 hour flight, so must like it a bit.

10Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 18:30

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I have to go on Test Flights as part of my job and whilst flying in Business Class on the way to a holiday is great fun, flicking a switch in the Flight Deck and then hoping the Aircraft doesn't nose dive towards the ground is always a little bit more fun !

11Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 22:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I do actually like flying. Had a few great landing which would give Alton towers a ride for people's money, but few and far inbetween. Love the taking off and landing but find the middle part absolutely boring, especially when stuck on a 737-800/900, 757-500 or A360 for the 45/60 minute flight home. Enjoy the long hauls to most and so far the most number of sun-rises I have seen on 1 flight was between London Heathrow and Melbourne Tullamarine - 3 sun rises to be exact! First class is supberb and wouldn't fly in any other class (when they have first class - shame Easyjet don't)

12Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Thu Apr 12 2012, 22:38

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This is me flying over the Reebok..
Does anyone like flying Screen11

13Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Fri Apr 13 2012, 12:34

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Flying is a nightmare for me dont mind taking off quite like it but when the plane tilts when circling for landing i get the shats only ever go to florida so i keep thinking it will crash in a swamp and we will get eaten by gators as you can see the swamps when banking.The worst is bad turdulence i say that because thats what i nearly do in my pants.I get valium off my GP for flying and dose it down with whisky in the airport bar. Going in june and am already worrying in bed at night. First time i flew was to Geneva to see a girlfriend and i tried to get off as we left the ground and had to be held down by the hostesses, cant understand how i reasoned it was safer to jump out of a plane that was off the ground rather than stay on it. Im ok now i think but i dont like it when kids play near the door.

14Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Fri Apr 13 2012, 13:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the plane crashes you'll be dead long before the gators get to you.

so i wouldn't worry about it.

15Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Fri Apr 13 2012, 18:04

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If the plane crashes you'll be dead long before the gators get to you.

so i wouldn't worry about it.
Why what would do it?

16Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Fri Apr 13 2012, 18:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The crash...

17Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Fri Apr 13 2012, 22:20

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The crash...
Thanks.

18Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Fri Apr 13 2012, 22:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For my fiftieth birthday my wife bought me a one hour helicopter flying lesson at Barton Airport. I was expecting a decent sized helicopter but when I turned up it was a Robinson twin seater. After talking to the pilot and establishing that I had no intention of ever flying a helicopter, instead of giving me a flying lesson he agreed to take me on an aerial tour of all the north west football clubs.

We flew over Man Utd and City and then over the Reebok and Blackburn and Wigan and finished off flying over Warrington Wolves Rugby league stadium. A thoroughly enjoyable hour if I may say so.

19Does anyone like flying Empty Re: Does anyone like flying Sat Apr 14 2012, 18:09

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My favourite flight was when I was coming home from Cuba, first time. Not being allowed to fly over US territory, due to taking off from Cuba, we had to do an emergency landing at Halifax, Nova Scotia due to an ill passenger. Unfortunately he died before we landed - would he have died if teh yanks had allowed the plane to land??? But after take-off again, went above the clouds, as it was raining and when looking outside the window could see lightening leaving the clouds and hitting the ground. Very strange but also very wonderful to see. One of the most magical things I have ever seen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum