Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tim Ream signs new 3 and a half year deal - Official

+6
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton News is reporting that Tim Ream has agreed a contract extension and will be with us until 2017.

Great news after last seasons performances.

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Sun Jul 06 2014, 21:51; edited 1 time in total

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good news.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Madness to give anyone a 3.5 year contract. Absolute madness.

It's not as if other clubs were banging down the doors to sign him. The rule should be two years max unless they have Ronaldo-like qualities.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With only a 2 year contract you could have someone have a great season and then if the player refuses to sign a new contract and another club came in with a low transfer fee, we'd risk having to accept or lose the player for nothing (again)

Natasha Whittam wrote:Madness to give anyone a 3.5 year contract. Absolute madness.

It's not as if other clubs were banging down the doors to sign him. The rule should be two years max unless they have Ronaldo-like qualities.

He's 26, he'll be 30 by the end of the contract, it makes good sense to give him a deal up until then. As BTID says 2 years is a massive risk with your better players, you really are clueless sometimes.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good news indeed. 

A 3 year deal offers security for the player and the club 26 - 30 should be his best years.

Another example of a player Coyle signed, but Dougie's got far more out of.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Works both ways. He was poor in the PL, poor 2012/13, and decent last season.

If he goes back to being poor it's another ponce on a long term contract that we can't get rid of.

Giving any sort of contract, making a transfer, appointing a manager, selling a player everything has a level of risk involved. But I think most fans regard this as a good bit of business.

I actually thought he looked quite good in the premier league when he was alongside Wheater, glad we didn't give up on him.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good versatile squad player and a good signing IMO.

11Tim Ream signs new 3 and a half year deal - Official Empty Tim Ream sign contract extension. Sun Jul 06 2014, 20:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton have officially confirmed Tim Ream has signed a 3 year contract extension. Hopefully he carries on putting in great performances.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Player of the year 2013/2014. I noticed he didn't quite make the starting eleven for USA which may be no bad thing from a Wanderers point of view.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could've sworn this was announced weeks ago?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Could've sworn this was announced weeks ago?

I thought so too!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Good versatile squad player and a good signing IMO.

Agreed.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, this is new news. It's now official!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good news anyway, he's gone from a liability to one of our better players.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After successful work permit hearing American defender officially extends deal at the club
Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce that Tim Ream has penned a three-year extension to his current contract at the club.

The American international was crowned both the club and Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association Player of the Year for the recent 2014/15 campaign.

And following a successful work permit hearing Ream’s contract will now run until the summer of 2017.

Ream has made a total of 76 appearances for the club since signing from MLS side New York Red Bulls in January 2012.

“I’m really pleased to have extended my deal here,” Ream, 26, told bwfc.co.uk. “I certainly feel like I’ve developed as a player during my time over here and with my family we’re settled in the local area.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

The American international was crowned both the club and Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association Player of the Year for the recent 2014/15 campaign.

A tad premature seeing as the season hasn't yet started.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never noticed that, well at least we know he's going to have a great season again Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum