Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sordell heading for the Premiership.....at least for a season.

+8
Keegan
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

According to rumours Marvin Sordell is a transfer target for Burnley.

Also Derby have made a bid of £1 million for Lukas Jutkiewicz , according to the Mirror:

"Derby have made a £1 million bid for Middlesbroughs Lukas Jutkiewicz. The striker can leave Boro for the right price as an auction opens up for his services and the Rams are willing to pay a good salary. Bolton are also keen on "Juke" after a successful loan spell last season and are prepared to match the fee. Derby hope they can prove they have a better chance of promotion. Wolves, Brighton and Wigan have also shown an interest and there may be talks next week."

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:According to rumours Marvin Sordell is a transfer target for Burnley.

Very Happy 

Good one.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Sordell feels homesick in Bolton, how's he gonna feel in Burnley?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:If Sordell feels homesick in Bolton, how's he gonna feel in Burnley?
He might just fit in with him also being a bit backward!  Very Happy

doffcocker wrote:If Sordell feels homesick in Bolton, how's he gonna feel in Burnley?

Have you never been to Burnley? It's exactly the same as London.

In as much as they're both shit-holes populated by people who can't speak English properly....

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Seems unlikely to me. Burnley will want someone who's already performed well a PL level and doesn't have a prima donna attitude. Sordell isn't that player.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's exactly what I thought. I had Dyche down as a shrewd manager! Maybe he has seen something that we haven't?

Reebok Trotter wrote:

That's exactly what I thought. I had Dyche down as a shrewd manager! Maybe he has seen something that we haven't?

Did Dyche play/manage with Sordell at Watford?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure but he lost his job to Malky Mackay so I can't see Sordell being at Watford back then tbh.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Maybe he knows how to manage the Sordells of the world, unlike Coyle and Freedman.

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm not sure but he  lost his job to Malky Mackay so I can't see Sordell being at Watford back then tbh.

Just checked and Dyche was manager after Mackay. Dyche was manager 2011-12 and Sordell joined us 2012. So he was manager when Sordell had his best season.

But that was in Watford, which, unlike Burnley, isn't about 240 miles from London....

A major contributing factor to the homesickness could have been the lack of playing time. If he has a manager who believes in him and gives him some matches then the homesickness becomes less of an issue.

You just know he'll score a bagful for Burnley if he signs for them!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is rumoured that Sordell will go for just £750k and the deal is now being finalised!

£750k more than I ever thought we'd get for him. It's a decent deal for us all things considered, he's clearly never been up for playing for us, Dougie have him a big chance when he first came but according to most he didn't look interested.

Good luck Marv!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not as bad as I initially thought, good for both parties, he'll come good, but not with us.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It seems he has a bad attitude that's never been helped by the way he's been treated.

To get as few opportunities as he did in the relegation season was a joke, considering how dire we were up front at the time.
He started the season after OK, and once again got ousted, after only three starts.

It took Freedman a while to give him a chance. He'd scored four goals in the cup before getting any chances in the league, and when he did get a run, Freedman consistently brought him off after an hour, often when he was far from the weakest player.

Actually, Dyche isn't his only ex-manager that's tried to sign him; Mackay tried signing him for Cardiff the day he signed or us. Is it just since he's moved up here that he's been an unmanageable cretin or is it that his managers since then have all been idiots?

It's hard to say whether he was given a fair chance because we don't know what he was like behind the scenes, it's not difficult to imagine him putting in minimal effort in training considering his performances on the pitch. Had he shown a willingness behind the scenes I think he'd have got more of a chance it's certainly been the case with Mills and Pratley.

I'll be glad to see us get some money for him as I've said, you can see why Dyche would take a punt on him it's very cheap for a player a lot of experts thought had a bright future ahead - mainly because he's young and English.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum