Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Important Afternoon For BWFC

+10
bwfc71
trotter1948
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Lofty_Love
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, I know we are already down but some of you seem to think otherwise so I'll humour you.

But if we're to have any chance of staying up results have to go for us today.

Firstly, QPR must lose at WBA and while Blackburn look as down-and-out as us, we also need them to get nothing at Swansea.

A victory for QPR will relegate us.

2An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:07

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I expect us to beat Villa - our overpaid ponces will be following the games and know what has to be done. The players who are OOC will know that relegation will affect the teams and contract offers they will attract and will be mindful of this. Championship teams are not widely known for jaunts to sun-drenched and fabulous Dubai, so they will come back ready to fight - and perhaps, to play a little footy. That said, I expect QPR to beat WBA.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I expect us to beat Villa - our overpaid ponces will be following the games and know what has to be done.

What evidence are you basing this on? They knew they had to beat Fulham and got tonked.

If QPR win they'll be 5 points ahead of us - no way will we catch them.

4An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ another double for Vaz Te after 7' minutes.

5An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:I expect us to beat Villa - our overpaid ponces will be following the games and know what has to be done.

I doubt it.

Eagles will have a 3 o'clock at Tantastic, and a manicure at 4.

6An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WBA in front.

7An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackburn losing.

8An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2-0 Swansea

9An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

So far, so good... I expect us to beat Villa because we have done it before and I don't rate their young team very highly (yet). They have good kids but it will take a bit longer for them to be feared. Villa has been using a number of U23 players and a number of players on the bench are about 19! If we can't beat Villa's kids we may as well go down. Reasonable expectation?

Swansea 2 - Blackburn 0
WBA 1 - QPR 0

Nice.

10An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:So far, so good... I expect us to beat Villa because we have done it before and I don't rate their young team very highly (yet). They have good kids but it will take a bit longer for them to be feared. Villa has been using a number of U23 players and a number of players on the bench are about 19! If we can't beat Villa's kids we may as well go down. Reasonable expectation?

More of a pipe dream really, Villa have pace and we can't handle anyone faster than Chris Amos.

11An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Usain Bolt has pace as well - not a particularly good footballer though.

12An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:49

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We have 2 games in hand on QPR and Blackburn, with one in hand on Wigan..

How anyone can say we are 'down' already is beyond me.

Out of all the bottom five we have the best chance of escape, a good run, with two games in hand and only 2 points off 16th.

'A victory for QPR will relegate us'... and what? Wigan are suddenly some super team who will blitz the rest of the season?

13An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Wigan are suddenly some super team who will blitz the rest of the season?

Yes. They are in great form and their last two games are against Rovers and Wolves. Wigan won't be going down.

14An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 16:01

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty - Natasha doesn't know anything about football and is the most overwhelmingly negative 'supporter' of a football club you will ever encounter. She has nothing positive to say, ever. Don't worry about it.

15An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 16:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking good so far. I can't see Wigan getting anything at Arsenal either.

16An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 16:13

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:Wigan are suddenly some super team who will blitz the rest of the season?

Yes. They are in great form and their last two games are against Rovers and Wolves. Wigan won't be going down.

ha ha, so because they have two games they are likely to win then they are staying up? they have 5 games left not 2, every team in the bottom five has winnable games coming up, this means nothing, in fact the ones you pointed out arn't even easy.

Im much much happier playing West Brom at home than I would be if we had that Blackburn away fixture, the last thing you want at the final days of the season are relegation rival fixtures...

Great form? one point more than us in their last five games, wheres Coyles praise?

17An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 16:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whichever way we cut it, I think we have a better run-in than QPR, Wigan and Blackburn. If we can get three points at Swansea next Saturday then I think we will see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Looking at the table I think 38 points will be enough to survive. That means we need nine points from six games. Achievable ? Yes, I think so.

18An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 16:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Great form? one point more than us in their last five games, wheres Coyles praise?

They beat Liverpool at Anfield, were robbed at Chelsea, then beat Man Utd at home.

We beat Rovers and Wolves.

19An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 16:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackburn 3-0 down.

20An Important Afternoon For BWFC Empty Re: An Important Afternoon For BWFC Sat Apr 14 2012, 16:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackburn are playing like headless chickens and are getting the stuffing kicked out of them. Where is that fat bastard, Bolton Hater, when you want him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum