Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley in hunt for Bolton Wanderers misfit Marvin Sordell

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marvin Sordell has emerged as a shock target for Premier League new boys Burnley.

The former England Under-21 striker has had a nightmarish two-and-a-half year stay at Bolton but has now been offered an escape route by his former Watford boss Sean Dyche, who led the Clarets to promotion last season.

It is thought informal talks have been held between the two clubs but the deal is far from complete, with Wanderers wanting to claw back as much of the £3.2million they paid for him on January transfer deadline day, 2012.

Burnley are keeping their cards close to their chest, confirming only they have not made a formal bid for any of the front men they are targeting at this stage.

It is, however, inevitable the Whites will have to take a heavy loss on the 23-year-old, who spent the whole of last season on loan at Charlton Athletic.

Sordell has managed just 16 starts for Wanderers in all competitions in 30 months, scoring eight goals.

He also experienced mixed fortunes at the Valley last term, scoring eight goals in 22 starts – including a hat-trick against Sheffield Wednesday – but spending long spells out of the action with a hamstring injury.

The prospect of raising any money for sales raises the prospect of Wanderers getting involved in the bidding for Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Derby and Wigan Athletic have both put in firm bids for the 25-year-old – but sources close to the player are confident he would pick Bolton if they followed suit.

As such, fans will be hoping negotiations for Sordell will be concluded quickly, enabling Dougie Freedman to bring back the player who tops most fans’ wish lists.

Source

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope they buy in so we can buy someone who actually wants to play for the club!

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I find it quite difficult to have an opinion on selling Marvin. When I have seen him play he looked as though he wanted to be elsewhere but I can sort of understand that seeing as when he signed he was parked up on the bench for 3 months while we slipped from the prem. 
We clearly payed way over the odds for him in a panic buy but surely he can cut it at this level with a run in the team and someone like the Juke to play him in.
On the other hand if he is home sick and not interested in playing for us, we should get what we can and use it to buy a replacement who wants to be at the club.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vendor wrote:I find it quite difficult to have an opinion on selling Marvin. When I have seen him play he looked as though he wanted to be elsewhere but I can sort of understand that seeing as when he signed he was parked up on the bench for 3 months while we slipped from the prem. 
We clearly payed way over the odds for him in a panic buy but surely he can cut it at this level with a run in the team and someone like the Juke to play him in.
On the other hand if he is home sick and not interested in playing for us, we should get what we can and use it to buy a replacement who wants to be at the club.

Couldn't agree more.

He scored goals at Watford, played well for England U-21s, and chipped in a few for Charlton towards the end of last season. He should get another chance in a 4-4-2 formation where he has attacking support.

He'll be on a nice wage, but he'll still be cheaper than paying money for Juke.

Vendor wrote:I find it quite difficult to have an opinion on selling Marvin. When I have seen him play he looked as though he wanted to be elsewhere but I can sort of understand that seeing as when he signed he was parked up on the bench for 3 months while we slipped from the prem. 

Good post think you've got it spot on.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:

Good post think you've got it spot on.
Agreed, as I agree with Nat that if Sordell can be motivated properly we could live without Juke although I do think it's a big if.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum