Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who was the best player during the Allardyce years?

+15
Boggersbelief
JAH
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
scottjames30
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Vendor
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Sluffy
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

5 votes to use.

Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap15%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 15% [ 22 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap17%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 17% [ 25 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap1%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 1% [ 2 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap6%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 6% [ 9 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap7%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 7% [ 10 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap5%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 5% [ 7 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap3%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 3% [ 4 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap2%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 2% [ 3 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap3%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 3% [ 5 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap3%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 3% [ 5 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap9%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 9% [ 13 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap4%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 4% [ 6 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap6%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 6% [ 9 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap1%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap8%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 8% [ 12 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap1%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 1% [ 2 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap1%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap0%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap0%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_lcap6%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? Vote_rcap 6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 144

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You've got 5 votes to use - don't waste them!

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Jun 22 2014, 18:39; edited 2 times in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I needed more votes,but what the hell.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well, who as voted for whom (and why)?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I needed more votes,but what the hell.

Me too. It's virtually impossible to just pick five tbh. I went with Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo and Bergsson.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went for JJ, Djorkaeff,Jussi,Bergsson and Campo. Hated to leave some out.

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

JJ,Speedo,Campo,Hierro and Anelka all a class act, could have picked 10!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vendor wrote:JJ,Speedo,Campo,Hierro and Anelka all a class act, could have picked 10!

I agree. I didn't like leaving out Jussi, Speedo or Anelka tbh.

One of my picks was Ricketts.

Anelka apart, he's the only striker since McGinlay & Walker that I can think of who looked dangerous pretty much every time he got the ball.

I know he got too big for his boots and his career turned to shit very quickly, but for a time, he looked like the real deal.

I'll never forget his goals at Old Trafford and White Hart Lane - pure quality.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No option for Kevin Davies?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:No option for Kevin Davies?

Very Happy 

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Very Happy 

He gets my vote.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1) Gudni - great defender and even better captain

2) Ricketts - there was a time when the guy couldn't miss. Love his goal at Leicester on the opening day of the season.

3) Frandsen - could tackle, pass and shoot. Rare.

4) Youri - pure class

5) Anelka - great striker at the peak of his game

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Very Happy 

He gets my vote.
I thought it was Boggers posting for a min then!  Razz

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
I thought it was Boggers posting for a min then!  Razz

It probably was.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry, I honestly thought I had already included him.

He's on the list now.

And for anyone who regrets there are not enough votes to cast - don't worry!

What my plan is, is the 'rank' the players from 1 to 16 based on the votes they receive in this poll, then have an head to head knock out to get an overall winner.

This should mean that at some stage some of your favourites will be competing against each other to go through to the next round.

Should be fun - providing I don't forget to include everyone again!

Sorry Kevin, don't set your wife on to me.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Kevin Davies was a consistent performer from the day he arrived until the day Allardyce left (and for a couple of years after that).

Djorkaeff was class but was only here 2 and half years, same goes for Anelka except he was only here 18 months, Okocha was phenomenal but had many an off day.

Take Davies out of the 03-09 teams and the history books look very different in my opinion.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1, Jay Jay, for his skill and holding up the ball.

2, Hierro, for his long passing, he could put a ball on a 50p.

3, Stelios, for his work-rate and important goals, and winning the Euros with his country.

4, Pederson, for his never give up attitude, and his wonder goals, there was one or two of them.

5, SKD, Bolton legend, should've gone to this World Cup instead of Rooney, we'd of been top of our group with six points if Roy ever listened to me.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

JJ, djorkaeff, Bergsson, Campo, Stelios. All excellent, and all foreign ! (just noticed that)
Brilliant players, and all had character, skill in abundance, and they always (ok, mostly) gave their all every game. They kept us in the lights, and gained respect for the team

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JJ(The Flying Finn), Jay Jay (The Nigerian Dumbledore), Stelios (The Greek Assassin), Eidur (Why all our mums went to Iceland Wink ), Ricardo Gardner (Dreadlock Superhero aka I'll play anywhere and still look fabulous).

It's not fair we can only pick five from that list but what really saddens me is we don't have ONE player of anywhere near their calibre today. It makes how far we have fallen even more obvious and even more heart breaking. Sad

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Okocha - brilliant ball artiste.
Youri - Just brilliant.
Hierro - We are fortunate to have had him here at all.
Bibi Gardner - 10 years playing anywhere he's asked and giving 100% effort every time.
Anelka - Consummate striker.

Hon. mentions to Super Kev, Jussi, Campo and Super Mario Jardel (no list would be complete without him!).

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum