Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who was the best player during the Allardyce years?

+15
Boggersbelief
JAH
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
scottjames30
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Vendor
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Sluffy
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

5 votes to use.

Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% [ 22 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% [ 25 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 2 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 9 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% [ 10 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% [ 7 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% [ 4 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% [ 3 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% [ 5 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% [ 5 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 13 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 6 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 9 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% [ 12 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 2 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Who was the best player during the Allardyce years? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 144

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I only used one vote, to me that's all there should be. I voted for SKD.
If I had used my second vote it would have been Campo.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Really difficult to narrow it down to only five (and a useful reminder of how good it was when Allardyce was managing us) but I picked:

Djorkaeff - sheer class and the first indication of the talent we would see (so no Okocha or Anelka)
Stelios - so under rated
Frandsen - for all round effort (so no Nolan)
Bergsson - our best defender (so no Hierro)
Davies - did so much up front (so no Ricketts)

The runners up are in brackets.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Mine, just picked on my gut instinct were:

Jay Jay - That free kick will forever be in my memory. I have never seen anything like that live before and very much doubt I will again - esp the sort of players we are attracting to the Reeb....sorry Macron

Youri - Will never forget the looks on my mates faces when I told them we are signing him! Probably recognised as being the best player to play for us by the rest of the world.

Jussi - There was a spell when all the top clubs wanted him. Brilliant shot stopper, but distribution left a lot to be desired. If only he could've put his foot on the ball rather than through it on so many occaisions!

Bollocks, I've forgotten my No.4! Bloomin' telephone! Well, it was either Michael Ricketts for that one season when it looked like he would score whenever he was given the ball! Gudni Bergson for being captain fantastic or Campo for being so passionate about our little club from the off! (and still is! Bring him back Gartside!)

My no.5 was SKD. He defined an era for our club. A resilience that scared the shit out of the top teams. So happy that he got his one and only cap for England.

Maybe Sluff could let me know what I actually chose as my no.4?

Last edited by JAH on Wed Jun 25 2014, 15:47; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 5 I originally chose was Okocha, Jussi, Gudjohnson, Anelka and I think my last vote was for Per Fransen.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JAH wrote:
Maybe Sluff could let me know what I actually chose as my no.4?

Sorry mate I don't think we can see how people voted - and even if we could I wouldn't know how to do it.

As I've said earlier in the thread, when I'm a little less busy than right now, I will hold a 'knock out' poll to find out who us Nutters think the best player was, and this current poll is really to help me to so the seedings.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:
I thought it was Boggers posting for a min then!  Razz

It probably was.

I don't get it

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Gone for, no particular order.

Per Frandsen
Gudni Bergsson
Youri Djorkaeff

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I couldn't pick, it was too hard.

So I masturbated to their names...

Im not sure why in posting this comment.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I couldn't pick, it was too hard.

:facepalm:

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Just to clarify, I didn't really.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I couldn't pick, it was too hard.

Wanker.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

too late Biggie, it's out there now  Laughing 

my number 1 choice by the way is the legend that is Ivan Campo

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

5 votes is not enough as I would vote for 12 of those players!!!!

Some of them helped and were amazing during the early part of his reign, some were amazing at the and of his reign and some were amazing during the middle part of his reign - all 3 different era's within the 8 years he was manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum