Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official - Moritz (and Arran Lee-Barrett) have left the club

+7
Vendor
JAH
Barryjw
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers have announced the departures of forward Andre Moritz and goalkeeper Arran Lee-Barrett.

Both players had been in talks over new deals but have now left the club after reaching the end of their contracts.

The 27-year-old Moritz scored seven goals in 27 games, while Lee-Barrett, 30, did not make an appearance.

Moritz signed on a free transfer from Crystal Palace last August, while ex-Ipswich keeper Lee-Barrett was a free agent when he signed in October.

Bolton manager Dougie Freedman has made six summer signings so far.

Neil Danns, Liam Trotter, Liam Feeney, Andy Robinson, Dorian Dervite and Ross Fitzsimons have all agreed moves since the end of the season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie's special gift at Bolton wasn't that special at all anyway

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Moritz doesn't surprise me, being in with a chance of CL football he'd have to be nuts not to look at it. Lee-Barrat, well, why was he even here?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought lee-barret came on loan from Millwall when we had that goalkeeper crisis no?

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Lee-Barrett was not contracted to any club when he joined us that's why we were able to sign him outside the window. He had previously been released by Millwall.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So the player he was going to build a team around has been released right? His special gift to us now has also been released as well. I'm starting to think Dougie is full of shit!

You'd have kept on Eagles and Moritz then Jah?

Can't speak for JAH, but his comments echo my thoughts.

DF told us that Moritz was something special and he'd be a "special treat" for us Bolton fans.

So what's changed?

Or is Douglas not as clever as he makes out....?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Breadman
This for me.

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

2 more wages off the books, think Moritz was on a good whack too. But when are we going to see some replacements......?

Breadman wrote:Can't speak for JAH, but his comments echo my thoughts.

DF told us that Moritz was something special and he'd be a "special treat" for us Bolton fans.

So what's changed?

He was brought in to add some flair to the side, which he did when he was fit/could be arsed to play.

There's been and will continue to be a big overhaul of players in the summer, so when you ask what's changed? The answer is a lot! Clearly he doesn't think he needs to break the bank for a player of Moritz quality, he's had a better offer so let him take it and invest the wages elsewhere

There was an offer on the table and he cost us nothing in transfer fees, comments like this suggest we've lost a fortune on him and he's class. Doesn't make sense to me.

Whoooosh!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think we saw the best of Moritz....  unlucky to be injured.  Well with two more out we need to see at least one in I think.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just need to get rid of Mavies and Chungy then thats all the creativity out the window,come on Doug you piece of shit get on with it !!! :suicide:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Moritz bids farewell to Bolton Wanderers fans

Andre Moritz has bid farewell to Wanderers fans after his contract at the club officially expired.

Although there is still a slim chance that the 27-year-old could return to Bolton next season, with an offer still on the table, there was an air of finality as he tweeted from his official account this afternoon.

The Brazilian wrote: “I want to thanks all the people who always supported me at #bwfc had a great time over there. Wish you all the best for this season!

“Hope to see you all soon, I'll be cheering for Bolton to come back to the prem. Thank you very much! All the best.”

The former Crystal Palace playmaker joined Wanderers last summer but struggled to win a regular starting place in Dougie Freedman’s starting line-up.

He suffered bad luck with injuries but still managed seven goals, making second-joint top scorer behind Jermaine Beckford.

It is understood that Moritz has turned down the chance of Champions League football with Cypriot title winners APOEL Nicosia and is now speaking with clubs in England and abroad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

IF (Find @andremoritz10 = y) THEN
    (Unfollow)
ELSE
    (Browse Transfer Rumours)
END IF

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10 PRINT What you on about, Keegs?
20 GOTO 10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't know who moritz thinks he is, he makes a habit of leading clubs on and changing his mind. He's not even that good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum