Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bundesliga interest for Bolton Wanderers' Hungary keeper Adam Bogdan could be cut off at the Mainz

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

German club Mainz have been warned Adam Bogdan will not be leaving Wanderers on the cheap.

Reports suggest a lofty price tag of £2million has been put on the highly-rated Hungary international, who has 12 months remaining on his contract with the Whites.

Mainz made contact with Wanderers through a third party last week but it is understood they have not yet made a serious offer for the 26-year-old keeper.

Wanderers insist they are not actively looking to sell Bogdan, who is currently the longest-serving player on the first-team books having been with the club for the last seven years.

Dougie Freedman confirmed at the end of last season he would like to extend the keeper’s contract, if financially possible.

But sources close to the player claim he wants to keep his options open for now – and the lure of European football with Mainz, who finished seventh in the Bundesliga last season could tempt him.

Wanderers have another experienced option in Andy Lonergan, who is also in the final year of his deal, and are also considering a short-term offer to bring Arran Lee-Barrett back to the club following the expiry of his contract.

Freedman also recruited ex-Crystal Palace youngster Robert Fitzsimons in the summer, although he will work with the development squad for now.

Bogdan is due to fly out with the rest of the squad tomorrow for their 10-day tour of Scandinavia.

The team will play their first game against Brondby on Thursday evening.

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wanderers have another experienced option in Andy Lonergan, who is also in the final year of his deal, and are also considering a short-term offer to bring Arran Lee-Barrett back to the club following the expiry of his contract...

Trying to sell our best keeper.

The other first team keeper is in his final year. We do this all the fucking time with players, hence why we lose money/players left, right and centre.

Why are we considering loaning another keeper as well if Bogdan aint going anywhere?

I smell a rat... gartsides probably already sold him like he did with Nolan... DF will find out at the airport before flying to Denmark.

Rolling Eyes 

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's been a long time since I was thoroughly sad to see a Bolton player move on, and certainly none of the current crop are indispensable.

Collectively, I think the players are good enough to be challenging for promotion, but no individual is so good that he doesn't have a price.

Bogdan certainly isn't one of those, in fact £2m sounds generous to me.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Wanderers have another experienced option in Andy Lonergan, who is also in the final year of his deal, and are also considering a short-term offer to bring Arran Lee-Barrett back to the club following the expiry of his contract...

Trying to sell our best keeper.

The other first team keeper is in his final year. We do this all the fucking time with players, hence why we lose money/players left, right and centre.

Why are we considering loaning another keeper as well if Bogdan aint going anywhere?

I smell a rat... gartsides probably already sold him like he did with Nolan... DF will find out at the airport before flying to Denmark.

Rolling Eyes 

RR if we re-sign Lee Barratt it WON'T be a loan as he's a free agent. Other than that I completely agree there's something extremely fishy about this and that having Lonergan also in his last year is plain dumb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum