Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce's Best player - QF - Bergsson v Jaaskelainen

+4
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
scottjames30
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

One vote only - who do you want to go through to the Semi's?

Allardyce's Best player - QF - Bergsson v Jaaskelainen Vote_lcap41% Allardyce's Best player - QF - Bergsson v Jaaskelainen Vote_rcap 41% [ 9 ]
 Allardyce's Best player - QF - Bergsson v Jaaskelainen Vote_lcap59% Allardyce's Best player - QF - Bergsson v Jaaskelainen Vote_rcap 59% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Two club legends but only one place in the semi's.

The second of our quarter finals puts ranked 3rd Gudni Bergsson, thrasher of Michael Ricketts 16-3 in the last round against our great Finn, and ranked 6th, Jussi Jaaskelainen who thrashed Ricardo Gardner 16-1 to get here.

Two very popular players but one of them as to fall.

Who will you be voting for?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted Jussi, the amount of times 'in his prime' he kept us in games, on a one v one you'd always back Jussi to come out on top.

Plus the saves he used to make, some of them were just unbelievable, he was the best in the PL in his day, and i'm so surprised he didn't go on to play for one of the top 4. 'At the time'.

Bergsson was a great Wanderer too, but Jussi comes out on top for me.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jussi for me as well. Smile

Gudni for me.

If Jussi had ever learnt how to kick the ball so that it stayed in play instead of winding up in the stands, I may have voted for him.

And Gudni gets an extra point for leaving his children outside in the cold in Winter when they were babies to toughen 'em up. 

(I've not made that up - it's an Icelandic thing apparently.)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really tough one to call. Jussi in his prime was one of the best in the Premiership plus his longevity at the club makes him a Wanderers legend.....

I've thought long and hard about this one and it has to be...............................................

Gudni... but only just.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

both fantastic players and great servants to the club, this is a tough choice but i went with Jussi, ask me in another hour and i may change my mind as it's that close a call.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The hardest choice so far but Jussi just shades it for me.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I went with Jussi. Close, though.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tough one, but it has to be Jussi.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bump!

I give people one last chance to vote on this tie, as up to now the scores are within just two of each other and I would like to move on to do the semi final line ups.

Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum