Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Famous people you have seen.

+8
Spillthebeans
Angry Dad
bwfc71
largehat
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Famous people you have seen. Empty Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 12:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On my way to work this morning at 7.20am I am sure I passed Edwin Van Der Saar going the other way. Perhaps he had been commentating on the Utd Villa game yesterday and had stayed the night in Manchester?

Then again, I could have been mistaken and it could have been someone who looked like him. I am often told that I remind people of the film star, Ben Turpin, so I guess anything is possible.

2Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 12:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ this will be a long thread once Natasha logs on.

before she does... Nat this is people you have SEEN not pretended you've seen.

lets keep it real.

3Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might crash the internet if I list all the famous people I've seen/met.

4Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 14:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Saw this man on the tube once -

Famous people you have seen. Patrick-moore_1596659c

this one walking along a street in London -

Famous people you have seen. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt57TrR4IcRMfxUZq06N-DEt_SjkL238mx_Mx8UmygIGF0YXWxCo2nQqfZSQ

and this one who wanted to shake my hand once!

Famous people you have seen. Heseltine-9862

(Sluffy - the man who lives amongst the stars!)

5Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 15:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no idea who the second one is.

6Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 15:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quite a few when I think about it, probably the most famous non-sporting people I've met are John Major when he was Prime Minister and Anne Kirkbride, who plays Deirdre Barlow in Coronation Street... though Anne uses a different surname on a day to day basis. She is a lovely woman. I've met about 5-6 Corrie cast members, but I stopped watching it completely about ten years ago.

7Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 15:48

i once met keith chegwin in a burger king.

8Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 15:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have no idea who the second one is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS4jg-Yv1XA

9Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 16:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sasa Circic (sp) - served him whilst I was working at Kendals

Gary Megson - although he gave me a right dirty look (whilst he was getting off the team coach at Hull City ground)

Phil Brown - same day as Gary Megson - he knew my friend I was with and we both got free tickets off him for the match (as we had travelled from Rotterdam, the night before, for the match without having any tickets!)

The whole England team when they were at the team hotel in Amsterdam, the Hilton - which was opposite my old office.

Most of the Coronation Street actors (between 2004 and 2007) - mainly because the RBS office I worked in was opposite Granada TV, and we used mainly the same bars.

Tony Wilson - as he was a friend of my uncles - they went school together (De La Salle, in Salford).

Edwin Van Der Saar - at Manchester Airport, we were both on the same flight going back to Amsterdam. He was with his wife.

The bloke who played Alec Gilroy in coronation Street - what a plank he is, thinking he was better than most others just because he is on TV!

Alex Ferguson, in an Italian Restaurant in Prestwich - with bigwigs from Juventus, after they had just played them. and best insult was from my mum, when dad said, "Hey look there Fergie..." mums response, was just plain and simple, "where is she?"

10Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 18:53

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

George Best- in a wine bar.
Peter Adamson- piccadilly, not in a swimming pool.
Alan Lake-orlando florida.
Paul Mccartney-Sussex.
Some bint from the Bill.
Ricky Hatton- in a shop, wanted to stick one on im for a laugh but the wife said no.
Two monkeys in a white van ardwick green. davy jones and mickey dolenz.
Mick Mcmanus -what a short arse.
Paul Young -at a party definately not a short arse.
All the Beatles at Apple saville row.
Doctor who in a spar shop-Colin Baker.

11Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 19:42

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Met Zidane couple years ago when I was living in Colorado,
Paul Weller
Colin Hay (singer Men at Work) brilliant guy, funny as fuck

12Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 21:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ricardo Gardner, Claude Davis, Bounty Killer, Beenie Man, Yellow Man & Usain Bolt.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 21:26

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Kenny Dalglish, in a meeting

Miserable twat

14Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 22:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I met Ivan Klasnic at the Reebok before the Macclesfield game. Took a photo of him with my lad. I also saw Mark Davies and Kevin Davies getting in the team coach on the same day. Is that a record ?

15Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Mon Apr 16 2012, 23:07

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If i had to type all the names of famous people i have physically met i would be here all fecking week, who gives a shit anyway.

16Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Tue Apr 17 2012, 01:43

Jane Danson who plays Leanne Battersby was a regular of the pub I used to work in. I've also met Peter Kay,Paddy Mcguiness and I used to live on the same street as Badly Drawn Boy in Breightmet (but he wasn't famous then). Also met Lee Evans and one of the people out of Busted or Mcfly (Danny someone).

17Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Tue Apr 17 2012, 07:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OneOinCoyle wrote:Jane Danson who plays Leanne Battersby was a regular of the pub I used to work in.

Which pub was that?

I used to live near Jane Danson, in Radcliffe, for a couple of years. She also worked at Radcliffe Asda (the old store which is now Dunelm).

Was in the same school year (and a lot of classes) with Lee Mason

Lived in same street as Mark Halsey

Met Stu Francis

Peter Kay I know through his wife (was in same year as me)

Delivered Sam Allardyce's paper (when he lived in Bromley Cross)

Sara Cox, when her parents ran the Pineapple on Blackburn Road

18Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Tue Apr 17 2012, 09:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not seeing any bigger names than Dean Holdsworth.

19Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Tue Apr 17 2012, 10:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a look for Edwin at the same spot today but he was nowhere to be seen. I reckon it must have been him and he has gone back to Holland.

20Famous people you have seen. Empty Re: Famous people you have seen. Tue Apr 17 2012, 11:46

bwfc71 wrote:
OneOinCoyle wrote:Jane Danson who plays Leanne Battersby was a regular of the pub I used to work in.

Which pub was that?

It was the Red Bridge pub near Breightmet Golf Course, but it's in Ainsworth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum