Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

He Might Walk

+7
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
doffcocker
Sluffy
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1He Might Walk  Empty He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 07:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:dougie:

2He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 07:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the highest paid managers outside the Prem would walk knowing he was unlikely to get another job at this level for a long time? Dream on. He'll cling on until the fans/board remove him and walk off into the sunset with a 6 figure pay-off.

3He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 08:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Allardyce walked when he claimed he "wasn't backed by the Board in the transfer market". Dougie has been treated far worse than Fat Sam so it's not impossible.

4He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 12:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Allardyce left to spend time with his family.

The following week he became Newcastle manager.

Funny that.

5He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 13:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Allardyce walked when he claimed he "wasn't backed by the Board in the transfer market". Dougie has been treated far worse than Fat Sam so it's not impossible.

Allardyce had taken Bolton to the brink of the Champions League, he was in a position to virtually choose any club he wanted.

Freedman took Bolton to their worst start in over 100 years and signed Alex Baptiste.

Hardly similar cases.

6He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 14:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

After the Burnley match, I really couldn't see a way back for him. We were in free fall, nobody could see where the next win was coming from, nobody had a kind word to say about him, the atmosphere was as toxic as I've ever known, he just looked like a lost, lonely child on the touchline.
He didn't quit then - and the happy clappers have been as far up his arse as ever since only a few matches later - so I can't think why he ever would.

7He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 14:50

If he did walk, I think a lot of posters on here would get a big wake up in terms of how bad things can go, especially as we'd really be scraping the barrel in terms of replacements.

8He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 14:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:If he did walk, I think a lot of posters on here would get a big wake up in terms of how bad things can go, especially as we'd really be scraping the barrel in terms of replacements.

I doubt we could get anyone worse than Freedman. Owen Coyle would be one though.

9He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 16:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have more confidence in Freedman as an economiser than Coyle, but I draw the line there.

Freedman obviously has a lot of ideas up his sleeve, but are we really better off with his million variations of 4-5-1 than Coyle's immovable 4-4-2?

You can't just keep hold of a crap manager because all the alternatives seem crap. How many Burnley fans had Sean Dyche as their first choice? That said, can you imagine the reaction if we brought in somebody with a CV made up of a third-fourth tier playing career and one mediocre year managing Watford.

10He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 16:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just to go back to the beginning....

Scott - where does this idea of Dougie walking come from? A newspaper article? Twitter? An LSD-fuelled brainstorming session? 
Did mid 16th century frog Nostradamus predict it would happen?

Or are you just stating a fact as it is indeed true that he might walk in the sense that it is equally true he might enter himself for the Grand National.

11He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 17:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Just to go back to the beginning....

Scott - where does this idea of Dougie walking come from? A newspaper article? Twitter? An LSD-fuelled brainstorming session? 
Did mid 16th century frog Nostradamus predict it would happen?

Or are you just stating a fact as it is indeed true that he might walk in the sense that it is equally true he might enter himself for the Grand National.
I has a dream that him and Gartside fell out over Gartside's bonus .

So it must be true, expect big Mick to be banging on the door  before Christmas.

12He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 19:21

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Dougie has taken over a club in decline and almost without a pot to piss in, he may or may not be able to pull this club up by his bootstraps but ffs the season hasn't even kicked off yet.

13He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 19:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:Dougie has taken over a club in decline and almost without a pot to piss in, he may or may not be able to pull this club up by his bootstraps but ffs the season hasn't even kicked off yet.

What's your point Fazer?

14He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 19:31

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My point is that if he wasn't sacked at the end of last season, the logical time if he isn't deemed good enough, why are they going to sack him now when the season doesn't start for 4 weeks. There is still time to get players in and missing out on targets due to finances isn't down to Freedman, who would have had the deal done much earlier if he could.

Lets face it he will be given an opportunity to start the season and he would be an idiot to walk in any case.

15He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 19:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:There is still time to get players in and missing out on targets due to finances isn't down to Freedman

How do you know?

It could just as easily be that the targets spent 10 minutes in his company and decided he was a bellend. And then drove to Burnley.

16He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Wed Jul 16 2014, 19:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:My point is that if he wasn't sacked at the end of last season, the logical time if he isn't deemed good enough, why are they going to sack him now when the season doesn't start for 4 weeks. There is still time to get players in and missing out on targets due to finances isn't down to Freedman, who would have had the deal done much earlier if he could.

Lets face it he will be given an opportunity to start the season and he would be an idiot to walk in any case.

Spot on.

17He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Thu Jul 17 2014, 12:10

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
NickFazer wrote:My point is that if he wasn't sacked at the end of last season, the logical time if he isn't deemed good enough, why are they going to sack him now when the season doesn't start for 4 weeks. There is still time to get players in and missing out on targets due to finances isn't down to Freedman, who would have had the deal done much earlier if he could.

Spot on.
You'd even expect a thick Chorley fan to suss that out!!!

18He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Thu Jul 17 2014, 22:33

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He Might Walk!!!

We Aint That Fucking Lucky!!!!!!!

19He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Thu Jul 17 2014, 22:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:He Might Walk!!!

We Aint That Fucking Lucky!!!!!!!

He's a brilliant manager. He will take us to the prem this season.

20He Might Walk  Empty Re: He Might Walk Thu Jul 17 2014, 22:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum