Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I a Misogynist?

+11
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Sluffy I agree with you, watching women play sport is awful. Unless of course you are a pervert

I wonder, if someone had come on here and posted they only wanted to watch straight white men play sport, if the reaction would have been the same?

Yes it would. I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to say that

22Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok I will come out and say it. Women should be at home who cook & clean, service me, looking pretty 24x7 and also having no opinion.

They should also not be able to participate in men's sport and also not able to hold a driving license.

Have I missed anything?

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:23; edited 1 time in total

23Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:22

Ok, Okocha.....maybe golf wasn't the best example to cite.

But then again, it's not really a sport, is it?

It's only hitting a little ball into a hole - How hard can that be?

It's not like it takes any real skill, is it? It's like marbles.

I reckon I'd be great at it if I could be arsed.

And as for Rachel Yankee being able to teach Chris Eagles a trick or two, I'd agree with you if we were discussing how to stop your hair being "Fly Away!" or something equally girlie, as I've always thought Chris would be quite a receptive student in such matters.....

24Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Okocha wrote:And I thought the women's gymnastics at the Commonwealth Games was awesome.

I bet you did.

25Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:42

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, I much prefer spending a Saturday afternoon watching grown men spit, dive, intimidate refs, argue, push and shove in the penalty area, cheat, roll over as if they've been shot, swear; or in cricket watch them sledge, try to maim, claim catches that weren't; this sort of stuff is far more enriching than women's sport with all of its upstanding integrity, grace and skill.

Which would you prefer to take your children or grandchildren to, in order to ensure that they begin life with the right set of values and behaviour?

26Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Have I missed anything?

Service men free of charge behind the bins at Bargain Booze?

27Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Perhaps Sluffy and Breaders you'd like to tell Jade Jones or that boxer from Leeds that they are pissing in the wind?
Don't ask me to help you up when they put you on your arse!! Wink 
You seem to forget that women are the fairer sex and as such should be treated so!?!  
I wouldn't wish for one minute to treat my Mrs with such lack of respect. Very Happy 

28Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can't stand going onto BBC website and seeing headlines like Arsenal v Everton, thinking there's a big match on I wasn't aware of, clicking on it and realising it's only women's football.

BBC know exactly what they're doing. "Look at us doing our bit for political correctness and equality". They know full well that the average viewer is more interested in the Conference.

29Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:00

Would any of you want a bird managing the Wanderers?

Yes or No?

Thought not.......

30Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:02

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nat seems to be very capable, if only in her own mind!! Laughing 

31Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Would any of you want a bird managing the Wanderers?

Yes or No?

Thought not.......
We already have one big girl in charge who is frightened of attacking...

32Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I suspect that all the misogynistic comments on the thread come from men who are single (or very soon will be!) and who scratch their sad heads as to why....even those who are "joking"

33Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:06

Yes or No?

Thought not.......

What's that got to do with anything thought?

The thread is about Sluffy thinking womens sport is a waste of time, not women being compared to men.

34Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Women can cut it at the highest levels. Check out the athleticism on this.

35Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:10

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyway, Breaders et al, you haven't answered my question as to whether you'd be happy to take your  young children to men's football for an edifying experience that will set a good example......

36Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:22

okocha wrote:I suspect that all the misogynistic comments on the thread come from men who are single (or very soon will be!) and who scratch their sad heads as to why....even those who are "joking"

Ha!

I've been married six times (all to different birds and only two acquired via mail-order), so that blows your point out of the water!

::dance::

37Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes or No?

Thought not.......
I would if she was capable of doing the job we need. I think you're well off the mark here mate. In fact I suspect the day is coming when the women's game becomes just as good if not better than the men's. At the moment the disaprity in resources put into the game for men compared to women means that the ladies are not getting the kind of support and coaching that men have had for more than a century but it's changing and rightly so. 

Is women's football as good as men's? No, not right now but it's getting there and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a competition where women play against men directly in my lifteime. There's already been one Football League club who hired a woman as manager (Birmingham City) and they won't be the last by any means. 

The fact is that whenever there is change there is reaction against it but while many women's sports are not yet at the level of their male counterparts the gap is closing and they're here to stay.

38Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:45

Maybe just my memory, but when did Birmingham City have a female manager? 

I wouldn't take Breadman too seriously on this thread though, I think he's trying to be Boggers and just aiming for controversy.

39Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think Peter is getting mixed up with Karen Brady's job as the Managing Director and that of the manager.

She did end up sleeping with one of the players though!

40Am I a Misogynist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:06

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:I think Peter is getting mixed up with Karen Brady's job as the Managing Director and that of the manager.

She did end up sleeping with one of the players though!
Actually mate I'm not. Karren Brady WAS the manager for about ten games. The player you're thinking of is her husband Paul Peschisolido who she personally sold to Fulham. When the owners then sold out to Gold and Sullivan they gave her the job of CEO and later MD but she was the actual first team manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum