Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rooney - Captain of England

+3
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rooney - Captain of England Empty Rooney - Captain of England Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Best choice available?

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been named the new England captain by manager Roy Hodgson.

The 28-year-old takes over from Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, who retired after England's World Cup elimination.

Rooney has 40 goals in 95 appearances, and was named club captain by United boss Louis van Gaal earlier this month.

"It is something I will take massive pride in doing. To be appointed captain is beyond my wildest dreams. " said Rooney on his official website.

2Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:54

Yeah Wayne.......that's why you never sing the national anthem at England games.

My wife's nan refers to him as "That bald Irish bastard!"

If he's the best candidate, we're scraping the barrel and it confirms that we will never win anything under Woy.

3Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Thu Aug 28 2014, 20:20

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wow. Such a shock. I'm really surprised. Neutral

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Thu Aug 28 2014, 20:38

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A fine example to everyone.

Cheat on your girfriend with someones grandma
Cheat on your wife with two slappers in a Manchester hotel, a cock [no pun intended] stride from your workplace.
Hold your employer to ransom [ Greedy barsteward], twice and especially flirting with the neighbours.
Be shit in every international tournament
Comeback to pre season a stone overweight.

Personally I don't think he'll last two minutes, he might be a decent player but not officer material for me.

6Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:11

Going off his performance thus far in the first 25 minutes tonight, he should be dropped, never mind made captain.

Absolute garbage.

7Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another seriously overpaid ponce Breadders!

8Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Mon Sep 08 2014, 20:39

Spot on, Captain Trousers.

I wouldn't have him at Bolton. Very Happy

9Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wayne is a naughty boy. He can't keep it in his trousers. Helen from Bolton isn't his only faux pas. A brown envelope containing cash got him out of a tight scrape in Hale. Itk

10Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Tue Sep 09 2014, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought he did a decent job of captaincy without letting it affect his game.
Very pleased with Woy's selection (less so with the subs) and the kids did very well against a decent Swiss side - I was expecting a draw at best.

Have to say Welbeck was impressive last night - something about the way Woy ets his teams up that suits him.

There is hope for England yet.

11Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Tue Sep 09 2014, 14:32

Sorry, Lusty - can't agree.

His first touch was terrible all night, his passing was poor and I can't remember him threatening their goal once.

12Rooney - Captain of England Empty Re: Rooney - Captain of England Tue Sep 09 2014, 16:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Sorry, Lusty - can't agree.

His first touch was terrible all night, his passing was poor and I can't remember him threatening their goal once.

That's Rooney not Welbeck?

He wasn't great and should have put his boot through that volley opportunity (Wilshere's only decent ball of the night!) but otherwise was "economical". Didn't think his passing was particularly bad (it was far better than our lot for starters!) but it wasn't innovative and inspiring either. Steady - and good for the youngsters to see a responsible performance from their new captain although we'd all prefer a bit more excitement from him. Maybe he's taking the responsibility too seriously and should loosen up a bit?

Thought Wilshere was poor again and it's now long past the time when he needs to put in a good performance to remind us why he's playing. Really think he's overrated and has been found out at international level. Should play someone else, preferably stronger there - Barkley for example.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum