Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roll on retirement

+10
Norpig
wanderlust
xmiles
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
bwfc71
Keegan
scottjames30
White84
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Roll on retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll on retirement Wed Mar 04 2020, 16:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:This thread has made me think about my father and his retirement.

He was born in 1921 and had to leave school when he was 14 due to the death of his father.

He began work at Bolton Town Hall  and finally retired having a senior position in 1977.

He took advantage of an early retirement package. He had his 40 years service ( including his army service) and got his full pension.  He died in 2009 after receiving an inflation proofed pension for 32 years. That's the way to do it!!
Well done that man.

42Roll on retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll on retirement Wed Mar 04 2020, 16:54

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

lol!

43Roll on retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll on retirement Wed Mar 04 2020, 16:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't mean well done because he died! Er, I meant, well done for planning ahead. Not planning ahead for death, but for his future. If you get my drift. :facepalm:

44Roll on retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll on retirement Thu Mar 05 2020, 14:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

One of my pensions is from the Civil Service, and I've always said that I'm going to live to 105 to get as much out of the buggers as I can  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum