Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was anyone here at the game when Kevin Olssen was killed?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just interested in that era I was in my early teens and went to school with someone involved???

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Just interested in that era I was in my early teens and went to school with someone involved???
I was hiking around Europe that summer and had just got back to Bolton to get ready to go back to Uni in Scotland. There'd been a fair bit of friction in the preceding matches with Blackpool and we knew there'd be trouble at Bloomfield Rd so the girlfriend and I had a lazy afternoon in bed instead. There was talk of acid being thrown in people's faces and I really didn't think it was a good idea to go. Had a much better offer from the girlfriend anyway.
Gutted when this lad got stabbed.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Looking on some of the Blackpool forums, they mention that the atmosphere at the gamed was really hostile, it was the era of hardcore hooligans.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was at the game and the atmosphere was toxic. Alan Waldron got stretchered off with a broken leg before half time and the Blackpool fans were cheering. 
Fortunately I was at the other end of the ground and though not locked in the ground after the match the coaches were held back for  an age. 
I went to school with the brother of the guy who did the stabbing. I'd left school 3 or 4 years earlier.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yea I sat next to him in my 4th year, we were all awe struck by the tale he told us, if you asked me now id have said he was talking bollocks.!!!!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You sat next to the brother or the stabber?

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stabber!!!

Awe struck?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Awe struck?
WTF?

bryan458 wrote:Yea I sat next to him in my 4th year, we were all awe struck by the tale he told us, if you asked me now id have said he was talking bollocks.!!!!

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We were highly impressionable 13/14 year Old's, political correctness hadn't been invented, he was the nearest thing to celebrity (regardless of how questionable) we had encountered, so yes, I think awe struck would probably best describe most people's attitudes at the time, he blustered about it and we all listened.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Was it the 4th year in a borstal Bryan?

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Copper Dragon wrote:Was it the 4th year in a borstal Bryan?

No Smithills High School, next best thing!!!!!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As far as I can remember no one was actually taken to court or found guilty of the murder?

I don't think there is a time limit on murder cases either, so if you DO know something then I suggest you tell the police rather than posting about it on here.

For the record I had to work Saturday's back then, otherwise I would have been at that match.

Glad I missed it really.

Football is just a game and no game is worth being killed for.

RIP.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:As far as I can remember no one was actually taken to court or found guilty of the murder?

I don't think there is a time limit on murder cases either, so if you DO know something then I suggest you tell the police rather than posting about it on here.

For the record I had to work Saturday's back then, otherwise I would have been at that match.

Glad I missed it really.

Football is just a game and no game is worth being killed for.ink it ws something to

RIP.

Yea there was a court case, which I think was thrown out by the CPS, I think due to the Police procedures at the time and witnesses giving conflicting evidence!!!1

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well if there was a case then the law on Double jeopardy (can't be tried twice for the same crime) as since been changed and if he hasn't, then as far as I know, there is potentially a murder case to be answered.

I've been around long enough to have heard the stories of who did it and how he ended up leaving the country - and no doubt the police know all the ins and outs - but if you do have actual evidence (even after all these years) then you really should report it.

At the end of the day someone was stabbed to death.

Do the right thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum