Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hillary Devey to take over Whites?

+13
Reebok Trotter
mgsg24
boltonbonce
gloswhite
scottjames30
White84
Barryjw
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 14:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I completely agree with that lusty. Which is why I think a consortium would be the way to go. With the lowered individual financial exposure the risk and the potential rewards to them in terms of profit may be smaller, certainly on the purely footballing side at least but I think given the right people, ones with a sound business sense and who know how to maximise their available customer base they could still see enough profit for them to make it worthwhile and we could see a real improvement in how the club functions on and off the field. 

I don't know if Eddie would be willing to sell BWFC as a stand alone and keep the rest of Moonshift etc but if it were possible then someone like Hilary might be exactly what we need. 

I know it's all speculation of course, based on what may or may not be a couple of tweets from her (you know how many fake accounts are out there as well as I do) but it does strike me as both possible and something that could be good for everyone, even Eddie and Phil (give Mr G a payoff and get him out the door would be my first act Smile )

22Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 14:18

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

She had a stroke and lost 1/3 rd of her brain usage!

Now you know why she's considering taking the Wanderers on.Saying that you can't take it with you she could be an investor?

23Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 14:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

German financial model seems to have worked out albeit in favour of those clubs with large catchment areas. Mainz is a huge city but 05 didn't do much until the last 10 to 15 years. Now fans own a healthy percentage, admission is cheap and they are at the top end of the Bundesliga.

BTW they released Ivan Klasnic who is now a free agent.

24Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 15:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been saved, there is a god. bounce

25Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 16:30

I can just see Eddie Davies on Dragons Den, asking for money.

26Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 18:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I hope this straw is long enough for us all to clutch. Very Happy

27Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 18:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that she'd be perfect, I don't know anything about her or what she even looks like, but she'd do.

Is this for real, I think I love her now, about to google her!!!!

I'll put it on twitter and let everyone know she is taking over cheers!!!!

28Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She's definitely your type Scott.

29Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 18:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just googled her and she is perfect.

she might love a good looking toy boy like me, I could get to pick the team.

The only way is up now, freaks. bounce

30Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 18:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

31Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 18:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

OneFinFreedman wrote:I can just see Eddie Davies on Dragons Den, asking for money.

He wont get anything, as you need a going concern if you want anyone to buy into it.

32Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 19:18

mgsg24

mgsg24
David Ngog
David Ngog

Face it,  she has broad enough shoulders....affraid :pray: :tongue2:

33Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 19:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mgsg24 wrote:Face it,  she has broad enough shoulders....affraid :pray: :tongue2:
They are broad,and thankfully take the attention away from the face.

34Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 21:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:So he should taking 10mil+ in interest a year.Hes had more than he has put in.

Strangely enough you are right. He took 10% interest on his loans which were always paid in full. Every time he gave us a loan he was making a tidy profit in interest. Eddie isn't getting any younger so he may be looking to sell and still come out with a tidy profit.

35Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 22:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:She can't afford it, she's worth less than Eddie.

She can afford it, Eddie will write off the debt for the right buyer.
It's likely he'd have to right off the debt to get rid of the club.

36Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 22:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:
y2johnny wrote:So he should taking 10mil+ in interest a year.Hes had more than he has put in.

Strangely enough you are right. He took 10% interest on his loans which were always paid in full. Every time he gave us a loan he was making a tidy profit in interest. Eddie isn't getting any younger so he may be looking to sell and still come out with a tidy profit.

Many people go on about the interest paid to Davies and that he's made a killing from the club - but I'm not sure that is correct.

Let me try to explain.

For instance let's say Davies stumped up £100 million 10 years ago and got 10% interest each year (£10 million).

IF he took his £10 million each year, then yes, after 10 years he got his money back, true.

BUT IF his £100 million which is still in the club now, is in effect now worthless - ie, he's not going to see much back ftom it if he is going to write it off in order to sell the club, then he's made NOTHING on an £100 million investment over ten years!

He would have made more by simply sticking his money in the bank on 0.01% interest for the 10 years - at least he would get his £100 million back PLUS some interest on it.

What's even worse though is that apparently Davies either reinvested his interest payments into the club or waived the interest altogether - so he invest say £100 million, reinvested say 5 years of 10% interest (£50 million) back into the club (making his debt now the £150 odd million it is today), didn't take any interest for say 2 years and only took out 3 lots of annual interest at 10% (I thought most of the interest was only at a rate of 5% not 10%?), then he's actually put £100 million into the club and only taken £30 million out of it, with a paper credit to him of £150 million of which in all probability he won't be seeing much if anything back from it!

I've no doubt there's more to what he's done than I've described above bit the point I'm trying to make is that I doubt very much he's made a killing like many people think he has with the interest IF he can't get his original investment back too - and I very much doubt he can or will.

10% interest or not, I think Davies as made a massive loss on the club over the years IF he can't recover the debt owed to him.

37Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 22:35

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What a cunt fucking saviour.My arse being sucking funds from the Bolton Wanderers for years.Plus we bought the hotel from De Veres for £50 million.We own the ground.
Freedman was a cunt with his strange tactics and the goings on behind the scene.But Gartside the slimy twat should have bought Juke.
The same problem this season is the forward are shit.Juke n Mason together n things may have been different.
Still Moxy,Garvan etc were enough to send him on his way and the shit results.

Whoever comes in next have got a fucking miracle.

38Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 23:00

Thing is sluffy, and i must admit, most of this is guesswork, alot of the debt isnt just the "club" debt it is the land, property and like said earlier the eddie davies xmen institute. But as a lot of it is still in the early stages it is
Only the club that money can be taken out of. Therefore the club suffers while all his (or burnden leisures) other projects try to come to fruition. If it was possible for someone to buy just the club then surely that would be better all round.

So the debts are for all the projects for burnden leisure yet the club pays the ten percent interest and gets fucked over on ffp

39Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 23:17

White84 wrote:What a cunt fucking saviour.My arse being sucking funds from the Bolton Wanderers for years.Plus we bought the hotel from De Veres for £50 million.We own the ground.
Freedman was a cunt with his strange tactics and the goings on behind the scene.But Gartside the slimy twat should have bought Juke.
The same problem this season is the forward are shit.Juke n Mason together n things may have been different.
Still Moxy,Garvan etc were enough to send him on his way and the shit results.

Whoever comes in next have got a fucking miracle.

I think we should call an ambulance quick.......

84, try and raise your arm over your head.

If you can't keep it up there, we need to move fast.

40Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 23:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Even a loss making business can make a nice tidy profit for someone willing to lend the money.

The principal amount is say £1 million, interest rates at 10% meaning an annual interest (aka profit) of £100,000 - but that is on the basis that the principal amount is not paid back.  Now if the facility is a revolving facility then that £100,000 is then pumped back into the club thus then saying that the next annual interest is £110,000 and so on - therefore the amount being owed does indeed increase but also the amount of interest payments is also increased, whilst all the time there is no repayment on the principal amount!

Now, we all know that the contract seems to have a 10 year repayment plan as soon as Moonshift/Eddie decides to call it in, thus meaning the club has 10 years to repay the principal amount - but that means that the revolving facility ends and no more money is ploughed back into the business.  So say the loans were recalled today which means we have 10 years to fully repay the loan and continue to pay the interest payments which means:

160million over 10 years is £16,000,000/year or £1,333,333.33/month (excluding interest)
But the monthly repayments (including interest) will be £2,114,411.79 - therefore annual repayments will be (including interest) £25,372,941.48 on a basic repayment plan.  Thus meaning after 10 years total repayment (including interest) will be £253,792,414.80 meaning a nice tidy profit of £93,729,414.80 - now if the interest was just repaid then that would be a shortfall of £66,270,585.20 (although in reality the amount initially invested will have been recouped with a profit with the rest being the money that was re-invested through the revolving facility) and that is more than covered enough in the security/assets which is held for the loans (which according to the last accounts were in the estimation of £200million and after a depreciation value would take it down to approximately £100,000,000 thus covering the loss - and that is if the security/assets had to be sold off.  As it is £66,270,585,20 is a manageable debt which most banks and finance companies would consider - especially with the security/assets involved and the value of the security/assets.

When a business buy-out happens it is normally very rare that the business debt is cleared, in fact it is normally taken onboard with the sale - most notable exception being Chelsea football club where the debts were cleared after the club was bought for £1 an was only hours away from going into administration!  Whilst the biggest disaster of a company buying another company with debts has to be RBS when it bought ABN Amro and almost destroyed RBS, which had to be bailed out with tax-payers money, due to the book not being through reviewed before the purchase!!!

If it is true that Hilary Devey is serious about buying Burnden Leisure then, with the amount of assets and the claw-back clause could swing it in her favour - especially if she uses her other businesses as security via Cross/Company Guarantees and through the use of Debentures, Letters of Credit, Sale & buy-back leases and various Undertakings.

As for the various ventures of Eddies through Burnden Leisure Limited - Burnden Leisure seems to be a Holding Company that encompasses other companies such as:-  (including but not all)

Bolton Wanderers Community Trust
Bolton Whites Hotel Limited
Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Club Limited
Bolton Sports Village Limited
Fronesis Learning Limited
The Eddie Davies Educational Trust

And as such each of these separate companies are a separate cost-centre and each are linked via Cross/Company Guarantees, etc etc etc - so if he did want to sell one part it is easy enough, through good accountancy, to move money around to make it more viable to sell.  Lets not forget that it is Burnden Leisure Limited that has the debt and not Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Club Limited

Therefore if Hilary wanted to buy solely the club, it could be that the club could be sold debt free (although very much doubt it and would possibly sell with between 50-60% of the total debt).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum