Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Andy Hughes touched by well-wishers' support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Hughes had no shortage of well-wishers as he made his first foray into the world of management with Wanderers.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rogers, Nottingham Forest’s Stuart Pearce, Chelsea star John Terry and Huddersfield Town manager Chris Powell were among those who sent the experienced midfielder a text of support prior to kick-off against Bournemouth after he was placed in temporary charge.

While the day did not go according to plan for Hughes, with Callum Wilson’s double winning the day for the 10-man Cherries, it was an occasion the Longsight-born 36-year-old cherished nevertheless.

“It’s one of the biggest honours of my career to pick a team out of those lads in there,” he said.

“I will never forget this day. We didn’t get the result we wanted but we made an issue of clapping the fans before and it gave me a warm feeling inside.

“What has gone on before has happened, it is about this wonderful great club doing whatever it takes to stay in this league.”

Hughes, who joined the club in the summer to work primarily with David Lee on coaching the under-18s, took the reins after Dougie Freedman left the club on Friday.

Goalkeeping coach Lee Turner assisted after Lennie Lawrence – Freedman’s number two – turned down the chance to stay on in the interim.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum