Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies blasts Freedman's reign as Bolton boss.

+9
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
Alf Hooker
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's no great surprise that Kevin Davies - thrown out of Bolton Wanderers after ten years by Dougie Freedman, manager since 6 months previously - doesn't think much of Dougie Freedman's man management. There's a case of this whenever a manager gets sacked.

Like LPP, I have sympathy for DF on this. I've no doubt that his man management leaves a lot to be desired, but it seems a lot of people have decided he was a complete shit based on what two or three hard done by players think.

doffcocker wrote:It's no great surprise that Kevin Davies - thrown out of Bolton Wanderers after ten years by Dougie Freedman, manager since 6 months previously - doesn't think much of Dougie Freedman's man management. There's a case of this whenever a manager gets sacked.

Like LPP, I have sympathy for DF on this. I've no doubt that his man management leaves a lot to be desired, but it seems a lot of people have decided he was a complete shit based on what two or three hard done by players think.

no i think he was shit because he didn't get the results, but like you and lpp whats done is done!

All KD is doing is trying to curry favour with the current regime because he's after a coaching job - he admitted as much last week on SSN.

When asked what his plans were for the immediate future, he responded by saying that he was working on his badges (like a good cub scout) and doing some coaching with PNE........and hoped to do some at Bolton at some point.

He's been about as subtle as a brick with all this stuff and, if I'm honest, I think he's not thought his comments out particularly well.

If I were NL, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What was the big problem with the way KD left the club? The testimonial? Whats that got to do with DF? 

No new deal, must have been about 4 people who though KD had performed well enough to earn one, the decision was the right one by DF. 

Don't know about the training and the mood, might be true, but Davies has been very bitter about the whole thing IMO.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KD has turned into a bit on a knob since he left us and took up a part time job with sky. For years with us you didn't hear a peep out of him and I've always thought he was a quiet guy. 

He seems to have grown some balls and is now as mouthy as his wife.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I spoke to a player after the last game and it was an eye opener. So much shite going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Eagles was made to train on his own. U21s couldn't mingle with the first team. Dougie kept banging on about bringing them through and basically fed them and us bullshit. The player I was speaking to said he felt Dougie had a problem with him for some reason. He wanted some game time Dougie wouldn't let him, a few clubs came in for him and Dougie wouldn't let him go. Just goes to show really doesn't it. Also the player I was speaking to was one of Dougies signings!

So this Bolton player just happened to see you walking down the street and decided to spill the beans on the Freedman regime?

People really should stop making stuff up.
My post is 100% true. As I said in my post it was after a game not just on a street. Before you you try picking holes in my story please actually read the story first.

Anyway I don't want to get the lad into trouble.However from what he said I started putting all the pieces together. What he was saying was kind of the situation we seen with Sordell. All the home sick business was bollocks as we all know.

Dougie kept blowing hot and cold one minute he was ok with you and the next minute he didn't wanna know.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
My post is 100% true. As I said in my post it was after a game not just on a street. Before you you try picking holes in my story please actually read the story first.

Anyway I don't want to get the lad into trouble.However from what he said I started putting all the pieces together. What he was saying was kind of the situation we seen with Sordell. All the home sick business was bollocks as we all know.

Dougie kept blowing hot and cold one minute he was ok with you and the next minute he didn't wanna know.

Doesn't matter if it was in the street, his bathroom, or outside the ground - I simply don't believe a BWFC player would walk up to a total stranger and start spilling the beans.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Doesn't matter if it was in the street, his bathroom, or outside the ground - I simply don't believe a BWFC player would walk up to a total stranger and start spilling his man juice.
David Nugent anybody?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
David Nugent anybody?

Completely different. Nuggy wanted to singe my fanny.

He didn't spill the beans exactly, it was more "firing the fat"........

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pausing briefly to say "Ewwww" to Martin's comment, I have to agree that it's a shame KD has gone down this route. The guy was a legend for years and it all fizzled out with a whimper rather than him having the send off he might have had. His comments in the media don't really paint him as a club legend - more an ungracious and bitter ex-employee.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's only bitter if untrue.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Doesn't matter if it was in the street, his bathroom, or outside the ground - I simply don't believe a BWFC player would walk up to a total stranger and start spilling the beans.
He didn't just walk up to me. My brother speaks to a few players on a regular basis because he takes his daughter to meet them after each game more or less. We just had a general chat about how the players felt about him going etc and this all came out. The players felt like in the last game they have freedom to play football the way they wanted, they didn't have to keep hold of the ball etc. They were allowed to play with a bit of freedom. And after hearing NL in one of his interviews he said the exact same thing so I stand by what the player said to me really. I had a good opinion about Dougie before I heard all this. I believed all the bullshit he fed us.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have nothing but the utmost respect for SKD; his integrity has never been in question which is more than I can say about some of those in authority (now and previously) at The Macron. Kevin is perfectly entitled to give his views when asked on the way the club has been run, now that neither he and DF are any longer employed there. His choice of words is moderate. 

Contrast that with KP's vitriolic attack on all and sundry in the England cricket set-up! Now, that's sour grapes! 

SKD will always be a legend and would be perfectly entitled to be far more outspoken about how he was treated before and after the Blackpool fiasco, for which I will never forgive Dougie and his crass naivety re team selection and man-management.

Yeah, Karlypants - bastard!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum