Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle persuades Lennon to take the Bolton job

+3
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Copper Dragon
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You'll now know who to blame if it goes tits up.  Very Happy

Not to worry though because Coyle would come back in a 'heartbeat'...........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says Owen Coyle helped persuade him to take Bolton job

Neil Lennon has revealed former boss Owen Coyle was among those who persuaded him to take the job at Bolton.

Northern Irishman Lennon was introduced to the media on Monday afternoon after agreeing to take over a club anchored to the foot of the Sky Bet Championship table, with just one win in their 11 fixtures.

However, the ex-Celtic manager is excited by his opportunity at the Macron Stadium, particularly after speaking with Coyle regarding his previous experiences at Bolton.

Coyle was axed by the club in 2012, yet retains a strong affection for Wanderers and that stuck with Lennon when the opportunity to succeed Dougie Freedman recently materialised.

"This was even before I got offered the job," Lennon said.

"I did a bit of TV work with Owen in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and he only had good things to say about the club.

"We weren't actually talking as if I was going to get the job because this was a fortnight ago. I even think Dougie was in charge at the time but we were talking about our previous experiences and Owen was talking about his time at Bolton and he loved it.

"He said it was a fantastic club and he'd go back in a heartbeat.

"There's no question that the club has the potential to go back to the Premier League because everything's here for that.

"What we won't have now is maybe the parachute money that you get from relegation. I want to work with the players that I've got at the minute but if I feel it needs improving then that's what we'll strive to do."

Bolton are saddled with a mounting debt which was calculated at £163.8million in their most recent accounts last December.

Freedman was tasked with reducing the wage bill and missed out on his top transfer targets this summer due to a lack of funds, yet the financial situation will not cause Lennon sleepless nights.

"We haven't even touched on that," he added when asked about how much he may have to spend in January.

"The financial problems, if you want to call them that, aren't a major concern for me. If they were, I would have been made aware of it by now.

"We didn't even talk about that. All we talked about was the squad. If I want to bring someone in I'm sure there will be funds available.

"I just want to assess what I've got at the minute before I do anything else."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks Owen.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Coyle - a lovely man but just not a great manager unfortunately

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Owen Coyle .....He gets the ball ......Scores a goal........Owen Owen Coyle.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

OC always strikes me as a very nice bloke.  And I'll stand firm that the football under him was far better than Dougie any day of the week.  Maybe have him back as an assistant down the road?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

No... he can sit in the Directors Box or the stands but that's it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum