Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My first doubts about Lennon already!

+8
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
NickFazer
scottjames30
bryan458
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Ream left mid? We've got Feeny and hall who can both play there why play a centre back. Like you've said above, if we are going on the assumption  of no being able to get the best out of players surely he is going to play them in the right position to do so.
Because I'm a dense idiot who completely forgot about Feeny Very Happy

I dunno what happened there, some sort of mental block I guess and I picked Ream 'cos I know he's played midfield before. All I can say is it's been a long week mate. 

But yeah, you're absolutely right, Feeny or Hall on the left makes a lot more sense than my genius idea. Smile

Ream is a great defensive mid though - in fact it's his best position as he has shown in the past. TBH I'd prefer him to Spearing as his range of passing is better. Shame if Lennon doesn't at least get to see Tim playing a midfield role, but with Kellett going out on loan it looks like he'll be on LB/LB cover alert in the short term and then back to CB rotation.

I agree with wander. Campo - squeeze in that his vision to play a ball is brilliant whilst originally being a cb.

I'd prefer Ream over Spearing, but I think it's a load of rubbish that his best position is in midfield. He needs the game played in front of him as despite being pretty quick over 10 yards he's slow on the turn and you just can't have that if you're playing in midfield. He's great if he has the ball at his feet and moving forward but as far as getting about the pitch and hassling the opposition when they're on the attack Medo's better.

Ream should be played in his best position which is CB alongside Wheater. Let them build a partnership up and play every week they can.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I'd prefer Ream over Spearing, but I think it's a load of rubbish that his best position is in midfield. He needs the game played in front of him as despite being pretty quick over 10 yards he's slow on the turn and you just can't have that if you're playing in midfield. He's great if he has the ball at his feet and moving forward but as far as getting about the pitch and hassling the opposition when they're on the attack Medo's better.

Ream should be played in his best position which is CB alongside Wheater. Let them build a partnership up and play every week they can.
Ream ain't that bad as a DM though - I thought he tackled well and put himself about when playing DM and that the team looked better for it.

I think he's decent enough there, but I still think his best position is CB. Particularly when pitted against a strong midfield.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ream is good as a defensive midfielder but at the moment i would prefer him at centre back as he can actually bring the ball out of defence and pass well unlike Mills who just hoofs it at every opportunity

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Ream is a great defensive mid though 
Good lord, you're Lennon mad.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hope you blokes are right....I can't see how players who can't pass a ball ten feet last week can suddenly be slicing and dicing defenses this week.  Lets hope that Lennon is positive in the tactics and cuts down on the hoof.  Any sort of decent aggressive plan would probably be enough for all three points. I think it's too early. He doesn't know what his best 11 are yet......of course Dougie never knew that either.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:Hope you blokes are right....I can't see how players who can't pass a ball ten feet last week can suddenly be slicing and dicing defenses this week.  Lets hope that Lennon is positive in the tactics and cuts down on the hoof.  Any sort of decent aggressive plan would probably be enough for all three points. I think it's too early. He doesn't know what his best 11 are yet......of course Dougie never knew that either.
Morning terrence. I don't think anyone is expecting us to suddenly be Barcelona. But the way Dougie had us set up and the results can't have done the players confidence any good at all. If Neil puts them in their own best positions and simply gives them their head (ie tells them to play in a way they're actually comfortable with) then we should see some real improvements almost immediately. 

Add in the fact that with a new boss everyone will want to impress and keep their place and you might just be pleasantly surprised by what they CAN do in the right sort of set up and atmosphere. When we played Rovers and Leeds off the park last season I was genuinely stunned as to why DF hadn't set the team up that way more or less every week because even Pratley (I know) looked good.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My biggest gripe with Dougie was the fact that he never played the same team from one game to the next. It was bloody impossible to work out what the team would be for EVERY game. Somebody would have a good game and be dropped the following week. If the fans were frustrated then just imagine how the players must have felt?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum