Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are they now? - Jlloyd Samuel

+2
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where are they now? - Jlloyd Samuel Empty Where are they now? - Jlloyd Samuel Mon Jan 09 2012, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Iran - that's where!

Jlloyd Samuel has admitted it was his desire for "a new challenge" that sparked his decision to join Iranian club Esteghlal in Tehran.

The 30-year-old former Aston Villa and Bolton defender has signed a contract for the remainder of the current Pro League season.

Samuel was released by Bolton at the end of last season after four years at the Reebok Stadium, and despite trials with Leeds and West Ham in the summer, neither club offered him a deal.

It has left Samuel resuming his career in unusual surroundings, linking up with another former Bolton player in Iranian Andranik Teymourian.

"I did have opportunities in England, as well as one or two abroad as well," said Samuel, speaking to Sky Sports News.

"But for myself I wanted a new challenge, and to be able to play in the Asian market as well, and this team is in the Asian Champions League.

"This is a new challenge for myself and I'm looking forward to it."

Despite Tehran's checkered past, Samuel concedes he is comfortable at present, adding: "I'm here and there doesn't seem to be any unrest, at this moment in time anyway.

"Everything is going well for myself. It's in order for me to play football, and we will see what happens after that.

"I'm here for a short time, and who knows what's around the corner."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Jlloyd went to Cardiff last season ? They got to the play offs but bombed badly and when Dave Jones got the boot, Samuel and a few other players were shown the door at the same time.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Surprising choice but I guess a job is a job.

Teymourian showed promise but never seemed to establish himself from what I can remember.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I heard this on the radio yesterday and couldn't quite believe it. Iran? Jesus Christ. I just been looking on google maps at photos of Tehran where he will be based, god it looks like an alien place. I'd rather sign on the dole than live there. Isn't Iran the country that still hang women in the street?

Blimey, what a shame for Samuel, when he was a youngster at Villa he was thought to be one of the best young right backs in England, he's only 30 and is now playing in Iran. Jesus.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not somewhere I would head for to organise a street party. That Dinnerjacket fcuker looks as mad as a bagful of wasps.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Apparently, he is reported as saying "They offered me more money than I was making here, so I grabbed the money and I ran"

I'll get my coat.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He was unfortunate to lose his place to Robinson in the 09/10 season, for being one of thousands of footballers to not get on famously with Gary Megson.

I always thought he was the better defender.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't think all that much of Samuel but he was better than Robinson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum