You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving

Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Mon May 21 2018, 17:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabrice Muamba has posted this tweet today:

Now its very sad that a young man has died leaving behinf his kids and family, but I find it very strange for an ex-footballer's family, who has only recently retired from playing to be asking for Joe Public to provide assistance for funeral costs. Surely he earnt more in 1 years work than any of us could ever dream of earning.

What are your thoughts?

The just giving page is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Mon May 21 2018, 17:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is that genuine? It reads too much like a begging letter.

The guy earned a top wage for many years, probably has a massive pension pot, not to mention life insurance.

I would be amazed if that was real.

3Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Mon May 21 2018, 17:52

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
A target of just £15000. And some confusion by Emma Samuel.

Quote "The donation referenced as Emma Samuel was actually done by Shauna Muamba from Emma’s account. Sorry for any confusion xxx"

So who is Emma Samuel and what is her relationship with the Muambas. Might be worth Twittering Fabrice.

While it's a very sad occasion there has to be a reason for this fundraising effort and I can't believe it was because he was broke. I'll wait and see

4Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Mon May 21 2018, 18:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:A target of just £15000. And some confusion by  [size=16]Emma Samuel.

Quote "The donation referenced as Emma Samuel was actually done by Shauna Muamba from Emma’s account. Sorry for any confusion xxx"

So who is Emma Samuel and what is her relationship with the Muambas. Might be worth Twittering Fabrice.

While it's a very sad occasion there has to be a reason for this fundraising effort and I can't believe it was because he was broke. I'll wait and see

His wife's name is Emma.

If genuine it sounds to me that Mrs Muamba is trying to help out but I think she's going about it the wrong way.

Even if the Samuel's are hard up - difficult to believe they are as Jlloyd was working up to his death - then the PFA would simply step in and help them out financially.

I certainly will be steering well clear of the appeal.

5Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Tue May 22 2018, 08:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He can't have been that broke surely? I remember his house being up for sale in Cheshire a few years ago and it was up for well over a million pounds. Very sad he's died but this seems very odd

6Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Tue May 22 2018, 11:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This is likely to stir up the kind of attention the family really don't need.

7Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Tue May 22 2018, 15:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Seems to have been removed now. Whoever was running it got £1300 though.

8Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Tue May 22 2018, 15:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If that's a scam then that is very low indeed, some people have no shame  Rolling Eyes

9Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel - Just Giving on Tue May 22 2018, 16:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If that's a scam then that is very low indeed, some people have no shame  Rolling Eyes

Today’s society don’t give a shit mate.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum