Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Huddersfield Town skipper Mark Hudson rues costly mistakes in defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crestfallen Huddersfield Town skipper Mark Hudson could not believe his side had come away from the Macron Stadium without a point.

An even game was settled by Craig Davies’s goal midway through the second half, although a world class save from Andy Lonergan to deny Jacob Butterfield just after the interval was arguably as important.

Hudson thought the Terriers were heading for a solid draw until a defensive mistake allowed Wanderers to sneak the win.

“I've got to be honest, I'm really disappointed,” he said.

“The game was to-ing and fro-ing. We've probably had more chances, they've probably had more possession than us, which is disappointing for us as we could have kept the ball a bit better away from home.

“I thought we could at least get a nil-nil and a point then carry on to the next game.”

Huddersfield managed to shackle Davies for the most part – even though he hit the crossbar in the first half - but Hudson was disappointed with the marking which allowed him to slot home a fifth goal of the season.

“He gets one or two chances and he scores, that's what he does,” he said. “They're on the up, but we have to worry about ourselves.

“Again, it's our mistakes that have cost us. Maybe if one thing goes wrong, it's how we react to the next thing. There's got to be a stop to it.

“When you make one mistake it's something to deal with after that.”

Terriers boss Chris Powell was also inconsolable after the final whistle.

“Lonergan's save was the turning point. A similar chance for Bolton goes in and one for us hits their keeper.

“Results haven't gone our way and I've got a disappointed changing room because we were very much in the game.

“We know Bolton had uplift with Neil Lennon coming in but we felt comfortable coming in and playing the way we did. The chances were there for us to take something.

“I think a draw would've reflected the game.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum