Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cats & Dogs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cats & Dogs Empty Cats & Dogs Tue Jan 10 2012, 11:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ok a bit of a strange thread but I thought I would try and get some advice from you lovely people.

We have had a dog for 10 years and we recently moved house to a quiet area so we have decided to get a cat, we have had the cat for just under a week and on her own she is great but seems to be having serious problems with the dog when ever it gets close to it. Whether it will come round in time I don't know.

I don't really want to send the cat back to it's original home but I may have no choice, shame really as it;s a great cat.

Any advice on any similar situations would be very helpful.

Ta!

2Cats & Dogs Empty Re: Cats & Dogs Tue Jan 10 2012, 12:19

I'd give it a bit longer before returning the cat.

We've always had a dog, about three years ago my daughter wanted a cat so we got one from the RSPCA shelter. The cat wouldn't go near the dog for 6 months, and if the dog approached him she would lash out.

They are now best of friends and often sleep in the same basket!

3Cats & Dogs Empty Re: Cats & Dogs Tue Jan 10 2012, 12:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Cheers Pass, it seems to be getting a bit more brave with the dog each day (well when the dog is asleep), but only gets within about 5 feet and goes back.

Still lashes out when it gets within about a foot and for the first time this morning it actually ate its food in the same room so like you say it may take some time.

4Cats & Dogs Empty Re: Cats & Dogs Wed Jan 11 2012, 02:47

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If it the cat won't take with your dog, smother it with a pillow and give it about 10 hours in a crock pot with some beef broth and an onion. Serve with mint jelly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]