Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall v Bolton

+19
NickFazer
Jack Russell
wessy
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
terenceanne
boltonbonce
nobby
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Boggersbelief
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Tue Dec 16 2014, 16:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wilkinson also looked completely lightweight and ineffective against a Reading team that shipped 6 the following Saturday.....against those red-hot strikers at Brum!

Mind you, Cravies was equally weak that day in the first half.

22Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Tue Dec 16 2014, 17:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I see a point from this another 0-0.

23Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Tue Dec 16 2014, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Mason obviously can't play so maybe George Iliev is next in line. I just wonder how effective he could be. Going off wilkinsons first outing it is clearly a difficult step up for the young lads. On the other hand you can only gain the experience by actually playing football. We are not likely to get promoted so this season is probably a good time to give them game time in preparation for a push for the playoffs next season. I get the impression Lennon is a little impatient and wants instant success because that is what he's used to. Unfortunately for him Bolton wanderers and the championship is a different kettle of fish to Celtic and the SPL.

Couldn't comment on Lennon's personality other than to say he's always come across as a feisty f*****, however Iliev is on of several forwards that should be either close to breaking into the first team or we should be getting off the books.
We can't keep these kids into their 20's if there are still no signs of life, but Wollery scored a couple against Arsenal U21s the other day and we've got Knight, Cveto, Youngs, Thomas, Clough and Abbotts waiting in the wings,

Our situation is desperate. Only 2 goals separate us from 20th in the League and a couple more bad results could see us back in the bottom 3 so I can't imagine that the players need any more motivation than that - unless they are basking in the glory of our recent run of relatively easy games - but I would imagine that the youngsters are fired up given the challenge and the injury situation.

TBH if we put a kid on to run around up front for an hour or so, they could only improve on Wilko's performance against Ipswich, so why not gamble? What is there to lose?

24Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Tue Dec 16 2014, 17:12

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I agree. Kaiyne Woolery and Zach Clough are not bad shouts actually. Like you say, nothing to lose.

25Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Tue Dec 16 2014, 17:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Start Eidur & Heskey ....now that would raise a few eyebrows around the league.  Have a couple of the young lads on the bench to come on when the first two are knackered. What else can we do until January.

26Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Tue Dec 16 2014, 18:43

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Woolery, Lester, Clough, Iliev... they could all do a job. Odelusi is rounding back into form for the U21's and has been in and around the first team as well.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Tue Dec 16 2014, 21:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a bit confused tbh. This game was originally scheduled for Saturday 20th December but was changed to Friday 19th to accomodate Sky. I can find no record of the game being shown on Friday night on Sky so why was it altered?

Oh.. back on topic. Millwall 0 Bolton 3.

28Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Tue Dec 16 2014, 21:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heard from an Aussie mate that it's on live down under!

29Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Wed Dec 17 2014, 08:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:Start Eidur & Heskey ....now that would raise a few eyebrows around the league.  Have a couple of the young lads on the bench to come on when the first two are knackered. What else can we do until January.

It would raise a few eyebrows!! One of the reserves could be Zimmer who knows a bit about old folk

30Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Wed Dec 17 2014, 12:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Attwell takes the whistle

Stuart Attwell will oversee Wanderers’ final league clash before Christmas with Millwall on Friday evening.

A seasoned official in the game having figured prominently in league football since 2007, Attwell has been the man in the middle of 18 games this season across the Championship, League One, League Two and various cup competitions.

The Warwickshire based referee last officiated a Bolton game when the Whites travelled to Craven Cottage to face Fulham back in October.

Ian Cooper and Carl Fitch will run the line, while David Avent is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

31Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Wed Dec 17 2014, 21:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm at a complete loss as to why someone decided to switch it to Friday, it must have been planned to be on Sky then switched at the last minute.

Anyway as for the game itself i'm going for 1-1, we don't look to have enough up front to get more than one goal at the moment.

32Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 09:45

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm at a complete loss as to why someone decided to switch it to Friday, it must have been planned to be on Sky then switched at the last minute.

Anyway as for the game itself i'm going for 1-1, we don't look to have enough up front to get more than one goal at the moment.
Movement of the game to Friday was nothing to do with SKY as the game was never scheduled for TV.
Apparently the move related to transport difficulties in London on the Saturday. I'm unsure whether it was closed rail links due to industrial action or maintenance.

33Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 11:42

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Barryjw wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm at a complete loss as to why someone decided to switch it to Friday, it must have been planned to be on Sky then switched at the last minute.

Movement of the game to Friday was nothing to do with SKY as the game was never scheduled for TV.
Apparently the move related to transport difficulties in London on the Saturday. I'm unsure whether it was closed rail links due to industrial action or maintenance.
London Bridge Station closed on Saturday for 2 weeks

34Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 11:51

Soft southern bastards!

Have they not got legs?

Do the taxis not run "sarf of the river" on a Saturday afternoon?

Are there no buses?

And it's not like we're talking about the Cup Final, is it?

How many people are likely to be attending this game - 10,000 tops?

Bloody stupid decision.

(Cheers for the info, by the way, Barry.)

35Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 13:30

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Two weeks ago i saw this as a potential away win, i still see it as possible, but only if the midfield pitch in with  a goal or two. I have two concerns first we are due to concede after three shut outs.

If we do concede we need to score twice to win, there was no evidence that Wilkinson can step up after his debut, the Kids 19 so we shouldn't be relying on him or any of the untried kids.

I like Clough but it is way harder to hold your own as a striker than say a full back.

A full back often comes into the team and performs well, mainly because they play in a unit and get help, and most importantly they face the ball. 

A striker needs the strength to hold up play and the ability to turn and beat a man so much harder for a youngster who is still to fill out. (exception Rooney built  like a brick shit house) take a look at Wilkinson's own comment he had never played against that level of strength "i couldn't get a kick)

My hope is that Cravies passes a late test.

36Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 13:54

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

1 - 2 Trotters (Chungy) (Ice Man)

37Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 21:17

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am sure the club web site said the game had been moved to Friday for Sky when they announced the date change, anyhow it ain't on so they have changed their mind or I am imagining things.

0-2 Whites Danns, Wilko

38Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 22:36

The club website used to tell us that Gary Megson was an actual human being who "understood football", so why should we believe anything they say?

39Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 00:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

40Millwall v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 01:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Flashback: Millwall 1-1 Bolton

Take a look back at our last meeting with Millwall!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum