Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall v Bolton

+19
NickFazer
Jack Russell
wessy
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
terenceanne
boltonbonce
nobby
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Boggersbelief
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 23:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If Lennon can't get things going in the right direction soon there will be questions asked.

6 unbeaten is pretty crap.

Smile

62Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 23:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Well done lads cracking result. Pratley's a completely different player under Lennon and Lonners has been immense these last few weeks. Kept us in the lead again with another inspired performance. Boggers won't get a look in now. Who would have thought 2 months ago we would keep 4 clean sheets in a row and go 7 unbeaten. Like Nat said, a few quality additions and we will be a force in this league under Lennon. Onwards and upwards.

::bwfcfan::

The most baffling thing for me is that it is exactly the same players ( Barring Eidur ) who are now playing so much better than they ever were under Dougie. It's like two totally different teams when you compare the start of the season to when Lennon took over.

63Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 00:12

He's got "buy in" from the players, that's obvious.

No disrespect to anybody else who has held the post previously in recent years, but for the first time in a while, we've got a manager who played consistently at the highest level in England, has already managed within the higher echelons of British football, clearly has a plan for success and has a backroom staff who know what they're doing. (Yes, Uncle Len, I'm looking at you.)

I'll hold my hands up right now and say that I had my doubts about his appointment but clearly things have improved massively at BWFC since he was appointed.

And long may it continue.

Still not sure about Gartside's judgement though.

I think he's gambled again like he did with Allardyce and (on the face of it) it's paying off again.

But does that forgive him for Sammy Lee, Megson, Coyle and Freedman?

64Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 00:15

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:Well done lads cracking result. Pratley's a completely different player under Lennon and Lonners has been immense these last few weeks. Kept us in the lead again with another inspired performance. Boggers won't get a look in now. Who would have thought 2 months ago we would keep 4 clean sheets in a row and go 7 unbeaten. Like Nat said, a few quality additions and we will be a force in this league under Lennon. Onwards and upwards.

::bwfcfan::

The most baffling thing for me is that it is exactly the same players ( Barring Eidur ) who are now playing so much better than they ever were under Dougie. It's like two totally different teams when you compare the start of the season to when Lennon took over.
Freedman had lost the dressing room. Nobody was happy judging by the comments since he left. If you are not happy and don't believe in what you're being asked to do then it's impossible to perform at your best. They had no confidence in him and he gave them no confidence whatsoever. Lennon is the polar opposite, hence, they play better and win games.

65Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 00:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:He's got "buy in" from the players, that's obvious.

No disrespect to anybody else who has held the post previously in recent years, but for the first time in a while, we've got a manager who played consistently at the highest level in England, has already managed within the higher echelons of British football, clearly has a plan for success and has a backroom staff who know what they're doing. (Yes, Uncle Len, I'm looking at you.)

I'll hold my hands up right now and say that I had my doubts about his appointment but clearly things have improved massively at BWFC since he was appointed.

And long may it continue.

Still not sure about Gartside's judgement though.

I think he's gambled again like he did with Allardyce and (on the face of it) it's paying off again.

But does that forgive him for Sammy Lee, Megson, Coyle and Freedman?

It certainly doesn't forgive him but he's got to start making up for it somehow. Credit where it's due, it looks like he's got this one right.

66Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 01:03

Gartside's a cock.

He cares not a jot for David Jack and all his England caps, The White Horse Final, beating Utd in 58, Franky Worthy, Peter Thompson and Neil Whatmore banging 'em in, Big Sam and "that" header, Reading at Wembley, White Hot, the Prem years, beating Utd at Old Trafford and Bayern away in Europe.

He's all about the money.

His money.

But unfortunately it appears he's done his Paul Daniels act successfully again and we're stuck with the tugboat until he decides to fuck off.

And that's when we're really fucked because he'll bail out on his own terms with scant regard for what's best for BWFC, taking his mahusive pay off with him.

Just think back few months when pretty much everybody on all the forums was calling for his head.

He was universally reviled amongst Bolton fans but he's dropped lucky (again) because it's looking like Lennon can get our shower of shit playing like a team.

Gartside's a bent chancer and it annoys me that he's getting away with it again and a lot of Bolton fans either don't or won't want to see it.

And he's sat there in his office, sneering and saying "Thick fuckers....."

67Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 01:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a lob on after this result! :COYW:

68Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 01:36

Mrs Pants is clearly a lucky lady.

Just don't wear your Bolton top when doing "the deed"......

They don't like that and think that you're just doing it because Bolton won.

Which would be a lie, obviously........

69Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 01:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Millwall 0-1 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Darren Pratley’s thumping effort midway through the second period capped a solid performance from Bolton, as they extended their unbeaten run to seven with a narrow victory over Millwall in the capital.

TEAM NEWS

The headline team news saw Eidur Gudjohnsen in from off in one of three changes to the side that had previously played out a goalless draw with Ipswich at Macron Stadium.

Josh Vela was also back in the starting line-up after recovering from a bout of flu, whilst Robert Hall was given the green light to start his first league game since May.

The Bolton team contained three ex-Millwall players – Liam Feeney starting, with Liam Trotter and Conor Wilkinson on the bench.

FIRST HALF

The fluidity of Wanderers’ play was evident from the get –go.

Lee Chung-Yong was at the fulcrum of a steady wave of Bolton attacks, one of which resulted in Darren Pratley firing an early warning shot wide of the near post via a deflection.

Hall’s resultant corner kick was then met by the head of Ream who glanced a header straight at Millwall stopper David Forde.

Whilst Bolton continued to weave pretty patterns, Millwall’s best opportunities very much came from route one football.

On 22 minutes Andy Wilkinson’s searching ball out from right-back released Lee Gregory, who from the right channel fired across the face of goal.

That chance livened the home fans and their side seeked to seize the initiative.

But on the half hour, Gudjohnsen, who was now operating at the tip of a midfield diamond, superbly released Ream on the left side. The American in turn then slipped a neat ball in to Hall, who in one movement pivoted and shot tamely at Forde.

Another Bolton chance soon followed.

Lee assumed possession just inside the Millwall half, before slaloming beyond a series of defenders and teeing up Darren Pratley, whose shot was beaten away by Forde.

Hall was then sent tumbling in the area after nipping in front of Alan Dunne, though referee Stuart Attwell waved away the Bolton appeals.

Just prior to the interval, Angel flashed a volley wide of Andrew Lonergan’s post.

SECOND HALF

The second half started at a breakneck tempo and a moment of controversy.

Another raking ball forward once again released Gregory, who after poking the ball beyond the onrushing Lonergan was seemingly clipped on the whitewash of the area. The home fans wanted a penalty and red card – they got neither, as Wanderers scrambled clear.

Up the other end, Gudjohnsen slipped between two defenders and plucked a through ball out of the air with aplomb. In space, his clipped cross was aimed towards the back post where the onrushing pair of Pratley and Feeney failed to turn the ball goalwards.

Millwall mixed things up, introducing a couple of substitutions in an attempt to add a different dimension to their attacking play.

Bolton gradually began to turn the screw, with Gudjohnsen and Lee lighting up the midfield areas.

On the hour mark and following his introduction in place of Gudjohnsen, Trotter chanced his arm from all of 30 yards, with Forde scrambling a dipping shot away at the second attempt.

Hall then struck the base of the post after a mazy run and pull back from the left channel from the effervescent Lee.

And it came as no surprise when Bolton finally broke the deadlock on 67 minutes.

A wonderfully weighted through ball from Lee released Pratley, who after initially shaping to shoot shrugged off the attentions of a covering defender, before steadying himself and crashing the ball in off the underside of the bar.

It was no more than Wanderers deserved.

Millwall huffed and puffed in an attempt to find an equaliser.

And late on Martyn Woolford latched on to a Gregory flick, though when in the clear saw a low drive expertly blocked Lonergan, as Bolton held on for three point.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

70Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 01:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Mrs Pants is clearly a lucky lady.

Just don't wear your Bolton top when doing "the deed"......

They don't like that and think that you're just doing it because Bolton won.

Which would be a lie, obviously........

I can't wear any shirt when doing the deed as I get all sweaty putting the shift in!

I usually make do with my BWFC tattoo! Very Happy

71Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 01:42

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:Gartside's a cock.

He cares not a jot for David Jack and all his England caps, The White Horse Final, beating Utd in 58, Franky Worthy, Peter Thompson and Neil Whatmore banging 'em in, Big Sam and "that" header, Reading at Wembley, White Hot, the Prem years, beating Utd at Old Trafford and Bayern away in Europe.

He's all about the money.

His money.

But unfortunately it appears he's done his Paul Daniels act successfully again and we're stuck with the tugboat until he decides to fuck off.

And that's when we're really fucked because he'll bail out on his own terms with scant regard for what's best for BWFC, taking his mahusive pay off with him.

Just think back few months when pretty much everybody on all the forums was calling for his head.

He was universally reviled amongst Bolton fans but he's dropped lucky (again) because it's looking like Lennon can get our shower of shit playing like a team.

Gartside's a bent chancer and it annoys me that he's getting away with it again and a lot of Bolton fans either don't or won't want to see it.

And he's sat there in his office, sneering and saying "Thick fuckers....."
I don't disagree with any of that bread, I really don't and I haven't forgotten anything. I don't want him as chairman as much as the next sane minded supporter who has our best interests at heart. All I'm saying is that appointing Lennon was a good decision.  The tosser is never going to resign, Davies definitely won't sack him and he's far to pig headed, thick skinned and up his own arse to be forced out, so he'd better start making up for the shit he's done wrong.

72Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 15:58

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I enjoyed seeing Lennon run over and thank the fans after the final whistle. Hes really growing on me, not only are we playing pretty well right now (ok, room for improvement on the goalscoring front but we are still getting points on the board) but he is endearing himself to the fans more than any manager ive known, including Big Sam. its like he really wants to be here and is enjoying his work and that shows. he's not only instilled a winning mentality in the players, he has also created a feel good-factor within the fans too. 

All ive ever really wanted too see during a game is a manager that has passion and fight, a manager that isn't afraid to remonstrate with officials for making ridiculous decisions (hence why he seems to get sent to the stands a lot) and fight for HIS team, the last 2 appointments never really looked bothered.

73Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 17:36

Big plus from last night that Hall got a run, I was beginning to think Lennon wasn't keen but sounds as if he had a good game. He'll help plug the Chungy sized gap we'll have in January.

74Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 17:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:He'll help plug the Chungy sized gap we'll have in January.

He won't.

75Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 17:54

Yet another player you're desperate to see fail because you wrote him off as soon as he joined, in fact I think Beckford and De Ridder are the only two you were positive about.

76Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 18:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Yet another player you're desperate to see fail because you wrote him off as soon as he joined, in fact I think Beckford and De Ridder are the only two you were positive about.

Not at all, but after several games and not one single telling contribution no one can say he is anything but shite.

Coming on and running at people means fook all if you can't take the ball with you.

77Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sat Dec 20 2014, 18:39

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Yet another player you're desperate to see fail because you wrote him off as soon as he joined, in fact I think Beckford and De Ridder are the only two you were positive about.

Not at all, but after several games and not one single telling contribution no one can say he is anything but shite.

Coming on and running at people means fook all if you can't take the ball with you.
Stop talking shite and get behind enemy lines sorted.

78Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Sun Dec 21 2014, 09:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I want Gartside out but it's not going to happen as long as ED is in charge. 

The result against Millwall was great, very encouraging and takes us to seven unbeaten which is even more encouraging but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We had false dawns under Megson Coyle and Freedman and while I think Lennon is better than any of them it's still very early days, much too soon to be talking about playoffs this season. 

Our most challenging period of the season starts now, the Christmas rush of games followed by a month without CYL. Clayton's out for the rest of the season, I understand Pratley's out for a few weeks and Mason is likely finished as well at Bolton. We don't have the strength in depth we need to mount a really serious challenge for the top six this term and we don't have the resources to buy them next month. 

Personally I'll be happy with anywhere in the top half come summer and then see what Neil can do in the long window to re-balance the squad and provide cover for all the positions not just midfield. We're going the right way right now but I don't think it's reasonable to assume it's got to carry on. We will hit some bumps in the road. That's when we'll see just how good Neil Lennon is.

79Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Mon Dec 22 2014, 11:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Survival would be good enough for me and  we are currently 7 points clear so despite everything we  are on track ATM

80Millwall v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Mon Dec 22 2014, 13:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I want Gartside out but it's not going to happen as long as ED is in charge. 

The result against Millwall was great, very encouraging and takes us to seven unbeaten which is even more encouraging but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We had false dawns under Megson Coyle and Freedman and while I think Lennon is better than any of them it's still very early days, much too soon to be talking about playoffs this season. 

Our most challenging period of the season starts now, the Christmas rush of games followed by a month without CYL. Clayton's out for the rest of the season, I understand Pratley's out for a few weeks and Mason is likely finished as well at Bolton. We don't have the strength in depth we need to mount a really serious challenge for the top six this term and we don't have the resources to buy them next month. 

Personally I'll be happy with anywhere in the top half come summer and then see what Neil can do in the long window to re-balance the squad and provide cover for all the positions not just midfield. We're going the right way right now but I don't think it's reasonable to assume it's got to carry on. We will hit some bumps in the road. That's when we'll see just how good Neil Lennon is.

Correct you are sir ....

To mount a serious top six push we would have to win most of our games at the same time the teams above us have to lose quite a few. Of course it's not impossible but we would need at least three good players in January and they are not growing on trees. Chungy out for a month will just about end our hopes IMO.  Under Doog I had us as firm relegation fodder so midtable is a job well dun by Lennon. Still one game at a time ....and lets see what happens. 

On a side note can you imagine Bournmouth getting into the Prem...lambs to the slaughter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum