Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lonergan or Bogdan

+10
scottjames30
xmiles
Norpig
Barryjw
okocha
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Lonergan or Bogdan - Page 2 Empty Re: Lonergan or Bogdan Tue Jan 06 2015, 21:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wessy wrote:Lonergan owns the jersey, earned the Jersey, and should keep the Jersey, this should only come up if and when his form drops, he plays out of his skin each week it won't even be an issue with Lennon at this point why should it even be a consideration.

It's an issue because Boggers can walk for free when his contract is up..... so do we want to keep or make a couple of quid.  To stay he would want first team football I would imagine .... not to mention a decent salary to be the back-up. Currently Boggers cannot be offered first team so I think he will be off ..... his agent can argue that he is an international goalie etc.

22Lonergan or Bogdan - Page 2 Empty Re: Lonergan or Bogdan Sat Jan 10 2015, 14:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:
wessy wrote:Lonergan owns the jersey, earned the Jersey, and should keep the Jersey, this should only come up if and when his form drops, he plays out of his skin each week it won't even be an issue with Lennon at this point why should it even be a consideration.

It's an issue because Boggers can walk for free when his contract is up..... so do we want to keep or make a couple of quid.  To stay he would want first team football I would imagine .... not to mention a decent salary to be the back-up. Currently Boggers cannot be offered first team so I think he will be off ..... his agent can argue that he is an international goalie etc.
I'd try very hard to get him to put pen to paper on a new deal but it has to be on the basis he understands he has to earn the number one spot if he wants it. I don't hold with this business of players saying they want guarantees of first team football. Form should be the only factor that decides that other than injury. Right now Lonergan's form is good and he has the starting spot on merit. If Adam wants to get that for himself he has to prove he has more to offer. If he can't accept that there's a competition for the place then we're better off without him. Personally I think he can accept it and I suspect he'll sign a new deal with us. I doubt the manager will want to sell either man and the board seem keen to keep Neil happy so I don't expect to see Bogdan or Lonergan going anywhere until and unless we have a similar or better replacement lined up.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum