Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mills, Danns & Pratley: Would You Get Rid?

+7
Keegan
Norpig
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
bryan458
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Darren Pratley's contract is up at the end of the season and despite playing ok under Neil Lennon, the majority of his BWFC career has been pisspoor. Considering the money he's on, he'll go down as one of the worst signings in our history.

Thanks Owen.

On Saturday against Leeds he was back to his worst, passing to the opposition and generally being shit. Unfortunately Lennon says the club are in talks about a new contract.

Isn't this madness? Does 10 average-to-good games mean we should ignore the previous 50 shit-to-shite games?

We can do better than this plonker.

Neil Danns has been a worker and always gives 100%, but is there any quality there? I suspect not. His shooting is awful, he can't pass, and is rarely in the box to chip in with the odd goal. Again, I think we can do better.

Matt Mills has done ok over the last 12 months, but he's still as slow as anything in this league, and when the opposition have pace he struggles. Can we do better?

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Mon Jan 12 2015, 17:21; edited 1 time in total

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Id keep Zinedine Pratley, hes the best player in the Championship at the moment, id get rid of the other two though.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yea all of em, piss poor quality signed by a pair of piss poor managers!!!!!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd let all 3 go, Pratley has improved under Neil but not enough for me to want him to stay.

Mills is a big earner and can't pass the ball to save his life. As for Danns, I expected more from him in terms of goals, a good header of the ball but nothing special.

Keep all 3 on reduced terms, all decent championship players to have in the squad. People seem to have forgotten that we have next to no money to spend.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd keep mills as decent back up, the other two along with feeney, moxey and spearing need to be moved on, very poor quality.

Unfortunately we can't afford better so what are you gonna do

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mills and Pratley can go for me but i think Danns has been great since he started playing a bit deeper, i would keep him

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Feeney's ok, nowt special, but at least he tries to beat players and cross the ball. He plays better when Craig Davies is in the team.

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think Feeney's ok, nowt special, but at least he tries to beat players and cross the ball. He plays better when Craig Davies is in the team.

Agree with that.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was going to chuck hall out aswell but I think he actually has ability. Similar personality to sordell though so I doubt he will ever reach his potential

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I think Feeney's ok, nowt special, but at least he tries to beat players and cross the ball. He plays better when Craig Davies is in the team.

Agree with that.
 Cheers.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Pratley has shown what he can do with some confidence and self belief. I'd keep him and dispense with Moxey, Spearing, Danns, Mills (although he is a legitimate goal threat at set pieces) and Medo - then tell Mason and McNaughton so long and thanks for all the fish. 2- 3 quality players brought in to provide creativity and an attacking threat would sort us out nicely, I think.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm really surprised its just me that rates Danns  scratch

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'm really surprised its just me that rates Danns  scratch

No one else is.

Norpig wrote:i'm really surprised its just me that rates Danns  scratch

I rate Danns, he's limited but he at least gives us some energy and can pass the ball a bit better than Spearing.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I never get rid of anybody unless a better replacement is already aboard. Too many times we get rid but then are left struggling at the last minute to get somebody in.  We take players who can't get into other teams first 11.  We should be the same....players who can't get into our first 11 can be offered.
Offer all of them reduced terms and if they get a better deal, fair enough.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Assuming we release those who are out of contract. Probably only those we can sell Bogdan and Chungy walk on frees' and Spearing maybe the only one we can get cash for. Additionally loans go back and short termers' Heskey and Eidur  gone . The result is we've decimated approx. 50% of our squad. Eddie isn't going to put his hand in his pocket.

Where the hell are we going to get the cash to replace those gone, with better players'?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:

Where the hell are we going to get the cash to replace those gone, with better players'?

It wouldn't be difficult to find better than Pratley & Mills. It would be difficult to find worse.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Barryjw wrote:

It wouldn't be difficult to find better than Pratley & Mills. It would be difficult to find worse.
Doesn't answer the question.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course it does. Go to any League 1 or League 2 player out of contract this Summer and offer them a fraction of the money Pratley and Mills are on and they will jump at the chance to play for BWFC.

Sorted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum