Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your take on benefits?

+8
bwfc71
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What is your take on benefits? Empty What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 19:16

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I read today that a single mother who has 3 children under 16 and unemployed is entitled to a house with no rent to pay, council tax paid and around £1000 in benefits. So in total this is worth about £1600 a month for doing nothing.

Is this fair or unfair in your opinion?

2What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 19:18

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If the system allows it then why not play it?
It's all down to personal morals.

3What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 19:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge, ... it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
"Are there no prisons?"
"Plenty of prisons..."
"And the Union workhouses." demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"
"Both very busy, sir..."
"Those who are badly off must go there."
"Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

4What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 19:22

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Soul Kitchen wrote:If the system allows it then why not play it?
It's all  down to personal morals.

My question is more about is it right that benefits are this high? I mean what incentive is there to work when you can get the equivalent of £18k in your pocket for doing nothing?

I totally agree with you that if this is on offer - take it.

But with all the cuts in public services, it just seems unreal that someone can claim £18,000 of benefits a year for sitting on their arse.

5What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 19:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I've said a million times on here, people shouldn't have kids unless they can afford them.

If you want to have 3 kids then go ahead, but no way should the state be paying for them.

6What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 19:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:If the system allows it then why not play it?
It's all  down to personal morals.

My question is more about is it right that benefits are this high? I mean what incentive is there to work when you can get the equivalent of £18k in your pocket for doing nothing?

I totally agree with you that if this is on offer - take it.

But with all the cuts in public services, it just seems unreal that someone can claim £18,000 of benefits a year for sitting on their arse.

Well Mr Cameron has said there'll be a freeze at £23000 on benefits if his monkeys get in, so there's still a bit of slack to take up!!

7What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 19:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:As I've said a million times on here, people shouldn't have kids unless they can afford them.

If you want to have 3 kids then go ahead, but no way should the state be paying for them.

Many years ago the first child born in every family received no child benefit. Can't remember when it came in for all children, perhaps early seventies?

8What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 21:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The welfare state was set up with the aim to 'help people when in need', to tide them over the bad times until things got better for them - to be a safety net in otherwords.

It was never intended for people to permantly 'live' on it.

That's where the problem lays.

People have abused it.

We even have people from abroad coming here just for the welfare benefits - the government is trying to plug that hole but seemingly hasn't yet.

On the other hand it can be argued that by having a welfare state, it as meant that the lower classes (shall we say) have never been so poor or needy as to rise up and overthrow those in charge.

Like always it is those of us in the middle who do go out to work, pay our taxes and save to buy our houses, who make the rich even richer and pay for the underclass to live their lifes on the dole.

Maybe things will be different under UKIP?

9What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 21:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:The welfare state was set up with the aim to 'help people when in need', to tide them over the bad times until things got better for them - to be a safety net in otherwords.

It was never intended for people to permantly 'live' on it.

That's where the problem lays.

People have abused it.

We even have people from abroad coming here just for the welfare benefits - the government is trying to plug that hole but seemingly hasn't yet.

On the other hand it can be argued that by having a welfare state, it as meant that the lower classes (shall we say) have never been so poor or needy as to rise up and overthrow those in charge.

Like always it is those of us in the middle who do go out to work, pay our taxes and save to buy our houses, who make the rich even richer and pay for the underclass to live their lifes on the dole.

Maybe things will be different under UKIP?

I agree. The benefits system was put into place as a safety net and umbrella for those that needed it most. Unfortunately, it is open to abuse. People will always look for loopholes and ways to make a living by playing the system. It's one of the main reason why the UK is seen as the land of milk of honey by foreigners who can't get wait to get over here so they can sign on the dotted line and start making some money for doing fcuk all.

10What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 22:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UKIP will cut sending money to Africa and start looking after our people, benefits should be there for our people in need, and i don't mind helping our own.

11What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Thu Jan 29 2015, 23:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The question can be reversed.....

Should pensioners, who receive a private pension, should be allowed to get a state pension and also should the get free public transport travel, free TV licences etc etc etce  In other words no incentive to save for retirement age as it all gets paid!

And lets not forget factually speaking there are far more people in retirement with all benefits given to them than what there is working (and claiming benefits due to employers not paying enough) and those "living" off benefits and also lets not forget that the average benefit a retired person gets is well over the £23,000/annum!!!

So if it is good for the retired, then why is not good enough for everyone else?

12What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 00:09

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My grandad gets a state pension and a private pension and gets around £13000 pa. He paid 10% of his salary into a pension pot for 25 years. Doesn't get any benefits or free licences, gets a bus pass and that's about it. Might need to reach into your fairy tales manual there bwfc71 and check for accuracy. Oh, and he still pays 20% tax after his personal allowances are deducted.

13What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 08:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:The question can be reversed.....

Should pensioners, who receive a private pension, should be allowed to get a state pension and also should the get free public transport travel, free TV licences etc etc etce  In other words no incentive to save for retirement age as it all gets paid!

And lets not forget factually speaking there are far more people in retirement with all benefits given to them than what there is working (and claiming benefits due to employers not paying enough) and those "living" off benefits and also lets not forget that the average benefit a retired person gets is well over the £23,000/annum!!!

So if it is good for the retired, then why is not good enough for everyone else?

You bellend. How dare you attack pensioners. I would increase the money we give to the over 65's - too many sit at home staring at four walls because they can't afford to get out.

There shouldn't be any benefits for foreigners and you shouldn't be able to claim benefits for years and years (unless you are disabled).

It's not fooking rocket science.

Nigel will sort it.

14What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 10:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I read today that a single mother who has 3 children under 16 and unemployed is entitled to a house with no rent to pay, council tax paid and around £1000 in benefits. So in total this is worth about £1600 a month for doing nothing.

Is this fair or unfair in your opinion?

Notwithstanding the debate about "the pride of Britain" i.e. the Welfare State I think you give it away with the spin you put on this and subsequent posts - the bit about "for doing nothing".

Presumably she's bringing up the 3 kids under 16?
I don't think that's doing nothing.

Is it fair that the better off should put money into a pot to look after the less well off in society? Absolutely in my opinion- especially as in some societies they can take it all away from the rich middle class whenever they wish and we're bloody well lucky to be in a society that allows us to make such money in the first place.

Of course the criteria for claiming benefits could be improved and there will always be extreme examples of piss-taking to point at but so what? I'm just grateful to be a member of the only nation in the world (apart from Qatar and a couple of others) that guarantees it's citizens they'll be looked after if they ever become too ill to work, or their kids don't care for them when they are old.

15What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 10:13

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:UKIP will cut sending money to Africa and start looking after our people, benefits should be there for our people in need, and i don't mind helping our own.
I wouldn't disagree that they may cut foreign aid but the rich always look after themselves!
So would Niger look after you do you think? I would say that as a working man, no more than the Grantham Gremlin did.

16What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 10:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe fat people should get a penny though, they're plenty of gyms about, fitness clubs, weight watchers, slimming world, boot camps etc etc.

What i find about these people 98.4% of them are lazy, i think these people are letting the country down, if i give up 8 hrs a week to look after myself, so should they,  ''if not'' give them no money what-so-ever.

That pisses me off, UKIP won't stand for these sort .

17What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 11:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
So would Niger look after you do you think?

White84 returns!

18What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 12:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

19What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 13:16

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:I don't believe fat people should get a penny though, they're plenty of gyms about, fitness clubs, weight watchers, slimming world, boot camps etc etc.

What i find about these people 98.4% of them are lazy, i think these people are letting the country down, if i give up 8 hrs a week to look after myself, so should they,  ''if not'' give them no money what-so-ever.

That pisses me off, UKIP won't stand for these sort .

Just provide every claimant with a treadmill connected to the national grid and adjust their benefits according to how much energy they're willing to put in. Simples.

20What is your take on benefits? Empty Re: What is your take on benefits? Fri Jan 30 2015, 13:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum