Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preparations must start for next season now.

+9
wessy
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
observer
wanderful life
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig talking sense!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Norpig talking sense!

it does happen once every Preston Guild Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lusty obviously has something personal against Lennon, the snide little remarks are revealing.

I don't know how anyone can say Lennon hasn't done well so far. If he started the season we'd be comfortably in mid table and maybe even within touching distance of the playoffs. 

And why you keep pretending Dougie was all about permanent signings I've no idea, he loaned absolutely tonnes of players, in this league its an absolute necessity.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollocks.

When Freedman arrived he was apparently "the Messiah who will save us after the Coyle debacle" - according to certain people on here who couldn't wait to slag him off when it went tits up.

During his first season he completely reversed our form -  his record was P34 W15 D 11 L8 with a team that was getting battered (easily forgotten apparently) - not dissimilar to the Lennon bounce.

When Freedman finally failed after taking us to a midge's dick of the playoffs it was all his fault - not the players that Coyle left him with, the financial situation he inherited or the quality of the opposition.

All I've ever wanted was a balanced perspective and it looks like an impossibility given the hype surrounding Lennon who in my opinion is a great manager - but not superhuman.

So hosting a "Neil v Dougie" thread and blaming Freedman's legacy for Lennon's loss at Derby simply underlines how some folk can't let Freedman go or accept the fact that our club's situation and the lack of quality in our squad had something to do with why Freedman failed and why Lennon will also fail from time to time unless there is considerable change in the boardroom.

Try to let it go and move on.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the plain fact you can't ignore Lusty is that Freedman left us with a very unbalanced squad, what money he did have he used to buy far more central midfielders than we needed. The money should have been spent on a left back,a winger and a striker as a bare minimum.

And Freedman was never a messiah to me thanks very much

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's only one person that can't move on from freedman

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:There's only one person that can't move on from freedman

Freedman?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Freedman?

He lusts over freedman

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Freedman?

Spoilt for choice as to who that might be. Wessy for starting the latest hate Freedman thread or any one of the regular contributors who like to drag his name up periodically throughout Neil's opening phase. My best guess would be Martin. Here is one of my favourite Martin quotes from the end of the 2012/13 season when we were rocketing up the table in the the playoffs with just a win at Blackpool needed:

Martin BWFC wrote:

"When we kicked off in August I suspect we all thought we were in for an exciting time(we were wrong) Coyle proved his ineptness, we were hovering around the lower end, and we all accepted at best another season in this league, Eddie acted in the best interest of his investment, and let the clown go, then somebody within the club identified Dougie as our saviour(I refuse to believe it was Gartside) after a good start, Dougie faltered as he tinkered, he then had a transfer window, and bingo he brought his own players in, the rest is history, here we sit in the playoffs, wether we make it or not is not Dougies fault(he had too many points to catch up on) no I blame Coyle for being naive in thinking his goons were up to the task, and Gartside for allowing him to think that way, when the playoffs are decided either way, don't blame Dougie, blame the clueless cunts that ran our club pre Dougie."

Classic U-turn just a dozen or so games later and he is by no means alone in that. TBF Natasha slagged DF from the beginning which is only to be expected as they slag everyone off.

Couldn't be me because as everyone knows and the records show I wanted Jimmy P to be given a proper chance when Coyle was fired - not Freedman. Although I did write that Coyle's demise wasn't entirely his fault either.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Freedman?
Mrs. Freedman... and she was played out of position as well since she was unfit for a number of weeks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum