Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Ngog be here for the start of the new season ?

+10
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Tigermin
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
Culcheth_White
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Will he keep him, or get Rid?

Will Ngog be here for the start of the new season ? Vote_lcap45%Will Ngog be here for the start of the new season ? Vote_rcap 45% [ 9 ]
Will Ngog be here for the start of the new season ? Vote_lcap55%Will Ngog be here for the start of the new season ? Vote_rcap 55% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm kind of hoping he gets rid and brings in a C Austin player, someone that can find the net, that is not scared to shoot once in a while.

Does DF know Ngog won't hit the net many times, like we know.

Or will he keep faith in him, and hope he's a different player ?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll have to keep faith, no bugger will pay cash for him.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Keep, if we get a decent offer he will can and will want to go but it won't happen.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well, from a footballing point of view, I would get shut, because he isn't very good! He's been mediocre at best in the Championship and he's obviously hopeless in the Premier, If we ever get there again.

From a financial point of view, he needs to go! We paid around £4 million for him in August 2011 and apparently, he's out of contract at the end of the 2014 season.

Get shut! Asap.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hope not.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sell and put the cash towards a real striker

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jesus H Christ !!! get rid and replace him with who ffs ??? I actually hope he goes and then we have a full compliment of average players to watch,then you can argue which shit player is the  shittest week in week out ?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Does DF know Ngog won't hit the net many times, like we know.

Or will he keep faith in him, and hope he's a different player ?

I think he knows he's poor in front of goal but wants to persevere with him anyway. It's clear to me that Dougie sees past this stupid idea that scoring is the sole duty of the centre forward, for which I congratulate him. It speaks volumes that two of the three top scorers last season played for Burnley and Blackburn, while Cardiff's top scorer got nowhere near.

Keep, because he compensates for his poor tally through various other useful aspects to his game.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

a real striker who scores goals...Ngog has scored 20 goals in five years - 11 of those for us in 2 years - That's a shite return for a striker, even more so a £4million striker.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

ScottJames is a proper Charlie Austin fan Cool 

Maybe it's because Austin was caught in a Swindon nightclub toilet cubicle with his pants up and suffering from a cold (allegedly).

Then he dropped the intruder and now is Scott's hero. Very Happy 

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:ScottJames is a proper Charlie Austin fan  Cool 

Maybe it's because Austin was caught in a Swindon nightclub toilet cubicle with his pants up and suffering from a cold (allegedly).

Then he dropped the intruder and now is Scott's hero. Very Happy 

If that was Ngog, he'd of been on the sick for a year.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Keep, because he compensates for his poor tally through various other useful aspects to his game.

He created two goals last season. So what is the point of these other "useful aspects"?

Amazing that Bolton fans would rather have a player who can't score or create over one that does!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know most fans appreciate Ngog's skills and performances, but whether he'll stay or not has nothing to do with our wishes. Depends on what Dougie wants, who he brings in and whether or not we get a good offer.
I think he could be great if played in the right position and with the right people around him but it hasn't happened yet and I don't think Dougie is likely to change how he uses Ngog so it wouldn't be overly disappointing if he moved on at the right price and with a quality replacement coming in.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if someone is daft enough to pay us cash for him, let him go. He doesn't score enough goals and has no composure in front of goal. If DF is playing just one upfront and Eagles behind i can't see it being N'Gog.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd keep him. I think he's quite good in all honesty and he can only get better.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Big money and no end product, sounds like Captain material.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I'd keep him. I think he's quite good in all honesty and he can only get better.

We need a goal scorer though Jam, whats the point in working hard to get the ball back, if when he does, he won't shoot, we need someone that can turn a half chance into a goal, or work the keeper.

CD can hold the ball up, SKD can hold a ball up, we need a goal getter.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Jamster26 wrote:I'd keep him. I think he's quite good in all honesty and he can only get better.

We need a goal scorer though Jam, whats the point in working hard to get the ball back, if when he does, he won't shoot, we need someone that can turn a half chance into a goal, or work the keeper.

CD can hold the ball up, SKD can hold a ball up, we need a goal getter.

Totally agree Scott

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog isn't as bad as people say.

but i don't think he's the man to "fire us up the league"

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He created two goals last season. So what is the point of these other "useful aspects"?

Amazing that Bolton fans would rather have a player who can't score or create over one that does!

Where do you get the "two" from? And for that matter, the "can't score" when we've already established he scored as many as Cardiff's top scorer?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum